Kudi Punjaban in Amrika!!

It's been a long time. Almost a year, that I have shifted base to another country. There does not go a single day when I don't miss my home, my country. 

But then, sometimes there are certain decisions we HAVE to take. I have travelled across the world before too, but never made another country my home. This is new. It's more like I left a part of me back home in India.

All my friends, my family and my life is there. Everything is so real and personal in my hometown. The golgappe waale uncle still recognizes me, after all these years. I was 5 yrs old when I first tasted Golgappe ka khatta waala paani. He always addressed me as "Gudiya". The chemist, the grocery store guy, the temple priest, the chowkidaar, the kirayedaars...everyone seems important now.

I always was one of those people who wanted to get lost in a crowd, in a country where no one knows me...but this is real NOW. I miss home, I miss all these people and everything that irritated me about my house, my colony and my people.

At different junctures in life I have realized that I never am the person that I think I am. I mean I was supposed to be this loner, right?? But I guess I am not. I miss my dad's yelling, my mom's pestering to eat on time, my Chachu's constant taunts over my work-hours, the sachcha pyaar of my dogs - Happy & Rustam, the teasing and fights with my brothers, the gossip with my sis-in-laws.

Sigh!! Yep, Amrika is a good country and all that..but Amrika ne dil bech ke buildings kharid li hain...Mere desh mein ab bhi dil zindaa hain...buildings nahi ghar hain :)

I still remember almost a year back when I was leaving home, I secretly kissed the walls of my room and promised to come back some day, for real..for good.. 

The only thing I enjoy in Amrika is that I can walk from my house to the stores without worrying about some guy groping me, slapping me or molesting me. I know I will not be judged for I am a woman and I will not be type-casted the way I am back home. No country is foolproof, I know..but some are just better in some ways..

Anyways!! THIS we will talk about some other day.

Mast raho, Dilchasp raho...and please leave your blog links in comments, if you read this. My blogroll is really old and most of you have updated your blog links.

5 comments:

AB January 15, 2015 at 11:15 PM  

INDIA is GREAT too.

(Well, super congrats and all the best for the things you wanted to achieve and eventually ticked off from the to-do lists of life.)

Arpit February 12, 2015 at 1:18 AM  

Kya baat hai 15 January ko 15 August wala feel.. :)
Saala apun ko bhi ek baari videsh jana mangta hai.. Wo kya hai ki india se pyar kam ho gaya toh shayad wahan jaake badh jaaye :P

Rohit Dassani April 15, 2015 at 9:11 PM  

Hello My Fav Blogger, thats the difference between foreign and india. Do visit my blog on www.rohitdassani.com !

Anish Patel April 29, 2015 at 9:26 PM  

I too moved to USA six months back... When I left I though I will never regret and will enjoy lot much...
Well.. now I asked myself daily... why why....
People says 1st year is always tough... Let's see...

Dwiti R May 18, 2015 at 9:45 AM  

Each place has its benefits I guess... It also takes courage to leave home...

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital