Treat her like a Lady.

I wonder what gives a man, the right to hit a woman. I really have been talking abt it a lot, but then this is something that needs to be addressed. If not the earlier generation, atleast ours and the coming generation should pay heed to this. There was a time I used to think(I was 13 then) that if you are taller and bulkier as compared to a guy, you can always fight back but as I grew up, I understood that by design and by rule, men are physically stronger when it comes to the gripping and hitting strength and women are stronger more in the resilience and emotional sense. Women can take as much as you give them... be it your love or be it your hurt. Naah! nothing abt feminism here. Its just a general take on this issue. I donno how many have you seen a woman being physically battered or beaten up in your life... I wud say Good if you have not... I wud say Good even if you have... coz in the later case...atleast you know the REAL side of the world you live in. My point is NOTHING justifies hitting a woman... Be a MAN for God's sake and stop this nonsense. You think we cannot retaliate... Remember for us our relationships are more important than the agony we feel. Psychologically, it is said that a woman in the long run accepts domestic violence as a part of her life. She thinks "may be something is wrong with me". Most of us keep thinking, "It will not happen to me" but I fear almost 70% of the women in India go through this either before or after marriage. Women tend to give in to an abusive relationship calling it their fate. Make sure you help someone who is going through this by talking to them about it and making them speak up for their basic right, the right to live happily...and like a human. That's all I had to say for today... :) Hope you guys are doing awesome...

22 comments:

Aditya Nandode December 24, 2009 at 11:12 PM  

Rightly said. Wonder why its women who suffer the burnt of man's failures.

Anwesa December 25, 2009 at 12:21 AM  

No amount of reason can justify domestic violence.


I totally agree with you on this.

Mads December 25, 2009 at 12:54 AM  

Agree with u totally...but i feel the situation has improved today...could be better i know..but its a start :)

merry x'mas :)

Skeeter December 25, 2009 at 6:33 AM  

Merry Christmas, Harshita! All the best to you and yours.

A great post. I hope that men all over the world will hear this message and lay domestic violence to rest once and for all ... and make it happen NOW in THIS generation.

Skeeter

Americanising Desi December 25, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

:) you know you really speak my mind too!

but then those who hit women have their stupid views and justifications. man thinks it makes him a man... for i think he looks sissy doing it all~!

Priya Joyce December 25, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

Women keep on suffering this cos they totally depend on men financially...since now most of the women are independent this condition has improved..yet some stick on to the relationship cos of their family and society..

But plainly men have no right to hit women..

Richa December 25, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

I dont at all tolerate violence. if u hit me, i hit u back. i always say i am a pacifist, but violence is a sin.

peter December 26, 2009 at 4:02 AM  

Just like others, I do agree to whatever you have said :)

Nidz December 26, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

I agree female shouldnt be beaten . That doesnt do justice no matter what crime she does and same goes for children and old people too.

Rià December 26, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

very apt post, and yes i hav not come across anyone so far but i wud definitely like to help someone who's goin thru domestic abuse. I feel very strongly for this issue.

Thousif Raza December 26, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

you are so very rgt on saying that, nothing i mean nothing justifies a man hitting a woman, differences can always be sorted out through talking, that's what i have believed and will always believe

take care and keep writing.........

U can call me your attorney December 26, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

it would be an understatement if i wud say tht our generation does not face women-battering..however the instances have reduced tremendously.We have awakened to some extent,but still this issue needs to be sensitively taken up.
The two genders cannot be compared and that is why I disagree in calling women a 'weaker sex'.If feeling of being superior or inferior vanishes,then such menaces in society can be resolved.

Rohit Dassani December 27, 2009 at 12:09 AM  

I dont think girls should be called the weaker sex... in this new millennium they have all the right to take the right choices...

AB December 27, 2009 at 3:07 PM  

Hmmmmmmm... :-( I promise I would not be like this and will try my best not to let this happen with anyone I know!

Dhanya December 27, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

Nicely said, Harshi! And you're right, beating up the weaker sex does happen nowadays... but much lesser than it used to.

Crazy Codes December 27, 2009 at 7:07 PM  

first a very very happy new year...

i m not totally agree with your points... many times man have to suffer also for woman's fault...

Sandeep Balan December 28, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

dhishoom......dhishooooom!! slapppppppppppppp ;-) :P

Mahesh Sindbandge December 28, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

What more do i say? Its right the way you said, and the way you addressed.

Phoenix December 28, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

its been ages since i was here last... this place has somehow retained its old charm...

a very valid point you have raised.. something im all against..no matter who you are whether girl/boy you have no right to raise your hand against anyone..girls are more tame and accept it as their fate but men suffer too..

i absoluely abhor domestic violence

Sinner December 30, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

@Aditya
I have never been able to answer this question myself :|

@Anwesa
Thanks.

@Mads
Mads, it is still very much there, just that the awareness has controlled it a lil.

@Sneha
Hmm..

@Skeeter
Wish you a merry Christmas too...

Yes, we really need support frm this generation to fight against domestic violence.

@Gaurav
Ahemmm...

@Americanising Desi
Like I said.. justifications are always there...Hitting a woman is weak.

@Nanhi Pari
I agree.

@Richa
Frankly, if a woman is made to go thru it again and again and no one supports her.. she gives in.

@Peter.
Thanks.

@Niddzzi
Absolutely

@Thousif
Thank you.

@Chitwan
I wanted lawyers *u and mads* to talk abt this for sure. I agree with your viewpoint.

@AD
I trust u with that :)

@Dhanya
It is still there.. but yes a lil less...

@Abhishek
*yawns* You are talking abt a very fewer percentage of individuals... but no matter wat, hitting someone has no excuse.

@Sandeep
Okay! I thought U wud understand, I feel very strongly abt this issue.

@Mahesh
Thank you.

@Raka
Good. :) We need more people like you.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital