Learnings from my marriage - v1.0.


Can't believe I have been married for 1.5 yrs already or that I have known my Patidev (yep! that's what I call him at times *wink*) for past 4.5 years. Really, time just flies by.

I said in my earlier marriage-post that I will come back and update. Well! there is way too much to say and share.




First of all, I think marriage made me grow up a little bit and sober down somehow. Being the typical front-bencher that I have been, I will mention what all I have learnt in the past 1. 5 years in bullet points :P *ting*


  • I have learnt to be a lot more patient. Now, I wait for people to finish what they are saying before I react. Earlier, on the basis of their first few sentences I would mentally sum-up my reaction and blurt it out..not anymore.
  • I have learnt to "listen". Yes, this is an art and it ofcourse is important for every relationship.
  • I have learnt to love despite difference of opinion.
  • I have accepted that people won't change their core characteristics ever, so it is always better to make peace with it and be happy
  • I have embraced love that comes my way every day in different forms, sometimes as a song he hums while I cook for him in the kitchen, sometimes as a wink from him when we are in separate groups at a party, sometimes as a angry stare at me when I gobble up blackberry jelly in one go :P
  • I have learnt to value my mother 100 times more that I ever did. What would I have done without her? OMG!! she is my guardian angel and go-to-person for all the "how-tos" Always lending a patient ear to my ramblings about stuff.
  • I have learnt to buy sabzi-bhaaji.. and grocery. I can now easily bargain over Dhania-mirchi with my local sabziwaala.
  • I have learnt to share special dishes I cook, with my super-cook padosan cum friend.
  • I have learnt how to install a LPG cylinder on my own, how to fix broken taps, how to extract 5 milk products out of 2 litres of milk..hehehe
  • I have learnt how the stereotypes of men and women were lame and all in my head, when he offered to do the dishes and share house-work with me.
  •  I learnt you should be honest in marriage but sometimes it is better to stay mum than to voice your exact feelings at THAT moment. 
  • I learnt that sometimes it is so fulfilling to do things to make someone else happy.
  • I learnt that traditions and rituals are so much fun.
  • I learnt that people will always return warmth with love.
  • I learnt that if you treat them as your parents, they will love you as their daughter.
  • I learnt that mother-in-laws are not devils as they are projected to be, they are sensitive, caring and loving just like every other woman you know..and just that they love their sons way too much and their lives surround around their kids, so you should not expect them to LET GO when you come into picture. They will always have wisdom to share and the secret to the happiness of the whole family. and How can you forget the funny stories about the husband's childhood..?
  • I learnt that there will be differences, there will be arguments, but it is not always necessary to stand your ground and fight for it. At times, a delayed reaction helps.
  • I learnt that no matter how much he teases you in person, he will always give a proud smile when he is out with you.
  • I learnt it is as challenging and new to me, as it is to him.
  • I learnt that me and him, we are a team.
  • I also learnt ki itti baat karne se nazar lag jaati hain (Courtesy: Mumma and Mom :P )
So I will stop now. All in all, life is like a sinusoidal wave now. Up! Down! Up! Down! Up! Bah!! Hope you guys are having fun. More to come soon.

Mast raho, Dilchasp raho! 

10 comments:

Mads June 15, 2014 at 11:40 AM  

I'm also seeing a changed Harshita in the last 1.5 year, and she is becoming better and better with time..credit goes to jiju :) :) :)

not many can boast of keeping their marriage alive, by retaining the excitement, daily... so touch wood.. i hope the magic never dies between u two <33

http://gshanky.wordpress.com August 26, 2014 at 7:30 PM  

Guru Ji, There are so many takeaways in this one single post. You should write more often :-)

Me August 26, 2014 at 11:09 PM  

@Mads.. :) I hope for the same

Me August 26, 2014 at 11:09 PM  

@Gaurav

Yeah I want to do the same...will do so...Thanks for sharing.

Rohit Dassani September 29, 2014 at 3:05 PM  

Nice that you are enjoying! .... but how are traditions and rituals funny, do tell...?

Deepika October 29, 2014 at 7:43 AM  

Hey Harshi, How are you doing girl :))

Deepika November 25, 2014 at 6:59 AM  

Hey Harshi, well expressed as always.. How are you doing girl? :)

How's life treating you?

Unknown January 8, 2015 at 1:49 PM  

Hey. So happy to see you back... I'd not been able to come here since long.
Lovely points. I'd been so scared of marriage but hey that's a feel good post.

Unknown January 8, 2015 at 1:50 PM  

And hey forgot to mention my shortcut.

j.mp/angelofhearts

Check out the new posts in mah blog. Would be glad of you come over!

Cheers!

Unknown January 8, 2015 at 1:50 PM  

And hey forgot to mention my shortcut.

j.mp/angelofhearts

Check out the new posts in mah blog. Would be glad of you come over!

Cheers!

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital