Plan of Action...

This post is in continuation with my post on Jaipur bomb blasts and in answer to my dear friend Abhinav's comment. I realised that I have been doing nothing but cribbing about what happened,loopholes and blah blah....but I did not give any suggestions/solutions from my side... Thanks to him I got my wake-up call. :) In a way I was trying to avoid being foolish while presenting my suggestions....thats how everyone saves their skin...Abhi, its a day of self-realization for me...all credit to you.. I personally think if we stress upon few vital factors we can achieve a level of security in the country.
  • Corruption : Rings bells in my ears!! but it is the core reason for the terrorism we are facing in India. I think we can do away with the frequency of attacks if we keep a check on it. Bribery for inflirtation,cross-border illegal immigration,fake ids,passports,driving licenses and all other proofs for being an Indian resident is the most prevelent reason which comes in picture whenevr a terror strike hits India.
  • Security: Yet again, Money rules!! 3 months back a TOI reporter got access to the secured areas of IGI Airport in Delhi after bribing for few thousands. He worked there for 2 months shooting all the important security points. Security at the airports is for namesake. I have been travelling in and out of India frequently and I see that most of the times the cops dont even bother to stamp the bags, forget about making sure that I am travelling safe. I think we need to work strongly on our security in all areas. More alert cops (Wish the govt starts paying them well and they get some motivation and appreciation in their field of work) will definitely avert such tragedies.
  • Poverty - If we could work on it in the right direction. I am not an economics student to comment on that but with the inflation rates soaring and the poverty increasing each day, I wonder why people wud not kill other for money?
  • Alertness - CCTVs, Constant ID checks, Stringent laws are few measures that can make our country more alert towards such attacks.
  • A Unified Approach : Central agencies tell State Agencies and they sleep over it.That is what we have been witnessing for long. There has to be a channelisation of the information in a secured manner so that right people have the information and they can act thereon and a feedback should be taken. What happens now is they convey the info and dont even bother to check back if the people acted on it and no one questions them until something happens.
  • I agree that religion does not bear the fruits for terrorism but offlate a lot of Madrasas are promoting terrorism in the name of Jehad. Why we dont have a check on them? Why are we losing our educated countrymen to a bane like terrorism.

The numbers will increase but ofcourse We, the people can suggest but the concerned people have to implement the right-plan to restrict the losses we have borne at the hands of terrorism.

2 comments:

Aevi May 23, 2008 at 12:10 AM  

A very convincing POA with some strong words...

SOCH... April 27, 2011 at 12:49 PM  

Some good suggestions.. lets hope that someone hears...

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital