Mumbai Diaries : Secrets that were never shared

The reason I have not been writing here is that I am not a dishonest writer and if I practice honesty, I will be opening my heart to a whole set of people who judge me and my life on the basis of what they read. Some of them are MY people and that's why it matters. I don't care, no more ;)

So I met a prospective groom in Mumbai... There is a back-story to it. Apparently, I NEVER wanted to see him and there was this huge hoo-haa about me declining to meet him at home, so I went ahead and met him. Also, a dear friend suggested that if I am contemplating marriage with him, I should shun the thought and meet the prospective groom.

Funny thing is, how when you are single, 27-ish and hanging out with a male friend...he gets all wary of you and has only one thing on his mind - "OMG, she must be so desperate to get married, What if she thinks that I will marry her?"... My response to this is - Thanks!! If I 'really' wanna marry you, I would mention it. Also, stop this thought process. Not every woman whoz in late twenties or thirties is a sad woman, waiting for some friend of hers to show mercy and get married to her.

WE have a life... WE have dreams and We do have our choices that we make. I felt deeply hurt when my friend mentioned this and told me oodles of stories about his cheating escapades to make sure that I don't ask him to marry me.I was shocked. I mean, come on... Wait up!! I am not desperate that I am gonna jump all over you and make you mine. Nopes!! You should have asked me how I feel before assuming. *sigh*

Sometimes, people end up saying things that they should not have said. Khair!! 

Guys, remember one thing... NEVER, I say NEVER assume such things about women....

Weird is, this was the day when I decided to share my deepest secrets with him. I take time to open up and I thought THAT day that we had this comfort level to share everything... but his hassled act closed all doors. I knew right there, I cannot say anything... I was silent all thru the evening while he talked...I smiled and he asked me why I was smiling...

When I am hurt, angry or in pain... I have this weird smile on my face... and only those who are close to me, know this...

Mumbai, you really 'do' boast of people who are not compassionate... I feel sad that I have been let down...

Oh! about THE prospective groom, we will talk in next post... loads of masala, I tell you ;)

14 comments:

Anonymous,  September 25, 2010 at 11:11 AM  

What about the smile on profile picture?
;-)

The Enchantress September 25, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

heart touching !!!

pity such men who have limited approach towards life and especially women..

equally do i feel pity for women who are of such kind...desperate to get married with just " anyone"

Anonymous,  September 25, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

This world is a bad place! Bad place I tell you! People start judging others even without seeing them. Seeing in the sense actually spending time with them.

And Sometimes, people end up saying things that they should not have said. True!

Aditi..............:) September 25, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

ohhh...anyways gr8 message to all the guys who assume!!

Btw waiting for the masala post ;-)

Maya September 25, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

when ppl get angry or are annoyed it often results into good posts

Nikhil Menon September 26, 2010 at 2:56 PM  

Men can be weird some time too. :) Just take it in the stride,and move ahead.. :)

Nikhil

Aditya Nandode September 26, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

I have had this question in mind since a decade, "Why do people not let the plot play out itself, and shy away/shun away from comfort of friends just because others start anticipating some discomforting development? What kind of fear is this, of hearing a question, to which one is free to answer yes/no and move on?"

Sakshi September 26, 2010 at 11:36 PM  

Ahaan, waiting to hear all the masala on the prospective groom! was the initial opening offer any good or the stocks are going down the drain? ;P

Someone really go make people understand that marriage is NOT the only thing that one lives for, especially women. There is lot more to life than just marriage.
Time to accept this truth, and move on.

Rià September 27, 2010 at 11:21 PM  

Why dont such men go take a hike!! what a mentality....btw when r v meeting dear!?

Mads October 2, 2010 at 11:30 AM  

Such men are the reason why abuse words are invented....

Did the prospective groom make u go vroom vroom or dishoom dishoom??
(arre i know wat really happened, but this is to make the readers curious, khekhekhe)
:D

Unknown October 3, 2010 at 1:16 AM  

lol...I'm laughing at that guy!!
What to say, but I hope you find what you want, take care, CHEERS!!

Karan October 17, 2010 at 11:30 AM  

You shared . Both the story and the moral .The learnings and the fun part embedded in it.

Lady Whispers October 17, 2010 at 4:42 PM  

gosh such men na .....they make us being 27 so tough na...but who cares...tell them to take a chill pill :P

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital