Breaking Away, Finding Myself and Losing myself again :)

I know the title is like too ahem! serious.. but as always what I will be writing about will be a lil bit nice n a lil bit naughty :D

If I again start the sob-story of why I don't comment, post or look at my blog, I am going to get a big kick from some of you here. So I shut my mouth right here on that. ;) ;)

I have always hated Mumbai. Right from the time, I knew of Bombay, I hated it. I donno why... Really. So when my boss asked me to take up this assignment in Mumbai, I got cold feet. I never (read NEVER) wanted to visit Mumbai in this life. But for the first time in my life, I let life take it's own course. Actually, life always takes it's own course, we just keep fooling ourselves with this illusion of having control over everything.

I packed my bags with no hopes in my heart and I was so very scared n yet neutral inside. I was so taken aback with the humidity when I got down at Mumbai Airport. I was like "Where am I stuck now?".
As I proceeded towards the city, things looked a little familiar,a little better.

Day 1 was horrifying. I could not find a cab to office, I was late and the only person I expected sugar-talk from was very distant... I cried out of frustration, helplessness and loneliness in a big city...but then I told myself -"Be it. I will manage. I will fall and try to walk on my own again".

There have been too many moments and too many stories that I want to share... Stories that made me fall in love with a city, I thought I will never see in this life.

Mumbai, I love you. Donno if it is for the wonderful people I have met or the rains that cleanse my soul everyday or just the feeling of being free n yet belonging somewhere...

Thank you, Mumbai. I think we will know each other more and make this relationship stronger.

There is so much to tell...and I am going to write about it for sure... Love you.

I broke away from my roots, found a NEW me...and lost myself again in this wonderful city... a city that never sleeps...

22 comments:

Anonymous,  July 28, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

And you didn't inform fellow blogger specially HOBO(nickname) that you are within Mumbai. Very bad.

Me July 28, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

Sorry... I could not just blog for so long... sorry... :(

The Enchantress July 28, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

Hey..
it actually happens..things and people we try to avoid in our lives ,we get them more often...

so,finally you are loving mumbai...

Aditya Nandode July 28, 2010 at 10:22 AM  

Nice! So u have found something to love in Mumbai too, eventually all do! :)

HaRy!! July 28, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

yu shud be the one i shud ask when I come to mumbai! :)

Rià July 28, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

And i m still waiting for u to call me!! Glad that i love Mumbai now, i haven't met many ppl who hate this place.

Rià July 28, 2010 at 1:22 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arpit July 28, 2010 at 10:44 PM  

Here it is.. Another love story in making..
n I simply LOVE love stories.. :P

Tk Cr. Hv Fun. Stay Blessed. :)

Arpit July 28, 2010 at 10:45 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nidz July 28, 2010 at 11:16 PM  

O c who is back again!!!! welcome. we always love to read whts happening in ur Masaledaar life :) I m glad u loved Mumbai.. :) Ice breaker huh??

Angels Never Lie July 28, 2010 at 11:25 PM  

sounds gud...mumbai is a facinating place fr me....wud lov to visit dre smday

Divaa Divine July 29, 2010 at 12:10 AM  

i wanna know more and more and this side of you i love - the loving and the chirping :D

Ramit Grover July 29, 2010 at 7:43 AM  

The city that never sleeps? That doesn't mean you don't sleep too.

Hrummmppphhh!

Gaurav Kant Goel July 29, 2010 at 7:25 PM  

:)) All the best. I am sutre u will fall in love with Mumbai...

:)

Looking forward for your stories...

Shalini July 29, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

Mumbai Nagaria...waiting for ur posts on the stories

Sakshi July 29, 2010 at 11:20 PM  

OMFG!!! That city does this to you doesn't it? It makes you a part of the crowded local trains that crush you and leave you without a breath. Every time you look into the ocean from a filthy juhu beach, or the fancy marine drive, you see hope. Hope in the setting rays of the sun and the challenge of every day, which is new, in that City.

I am a hard core Delhi born and brought up person, but Harshita, Mumbai is the city where I lost my heart and soul, to find a side of me that I never knew I had.
Welcome to Mumbai..!!!

AB July 31, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

Frankly, you will love this city only for sometime. It is worth loving though and it is as much alive as a human is but that human is tensed, overburdened so no point loving to live there.

Just do your work and rush home! Simple.

Aditi..............:) July 31, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

I find your post very close to "A New Girl in the City" from wake Up Sid! :-)

Is there a similar kind of reason ?? Or its just the rains... :-P

Unknown August 2, 2010 at 11:51 AM  

Great to know that you embraced the change!
:)
Good luck for your stay in MUmbai! :)

Come, visit me sometime sweety

take care
Akanksha

Thousif Raza August 2, 2010 at 4:42 PM  

beautifully penned down as always :)

loved that you loved it... :) experiencing things in a new way is always bliss just as you have said :)


take care and keep writing........

Mads August 5, 2010 at 6:01 PM  

That is Mumbai for u =)
I hope the rest of your time there is just perfect...and you explore all the places and have all the fun u can.. :D
love u =)

Vijay August 9, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

hi its a friendly visit for a friendly blogger thus by dropping here from my blog

Follow my blog if you like it means

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital