Mumbai Diaries : There is always a story behind a smile

We all live in the illusion that God has all the time in the world to give us problems.. I mean .. Gimme a break.. Don't we?? When we chat up with friends, we expect them to listen and sympathize or atleast try and understand the pain inside us. We don't realize that the person on the other end of the phone-line also has a story they never shared.

 In these 27 yrs of my life, I have met different people and they all had some or the other influence in my life. But on THIS trip, I met people who had a smile that can make you go weak in our knees but a story that can make your heart cry...


I donno if this is just my perspective but for the past few days, all I see behind every smile is a story... A story that has made the person who he is.. that has shaped their lives...


I have nothing much to say on this except that... Be nice to people..coz in this journey of life, everyone has lost someone or something, everyone has a pain that ripped them apart once and that still makes them go gloomy, everyone has a story they did not have the courage to tell u, everyone has suffered the way you have... BE nice.. Be considerate...


Never assume that a person who pretends to smile all the time or claims to be happy has no trouble in his life. So next time you tell someone "Arey! teri life toh mast hain!! tujhey kya problem?" Think twice... Everyone has problems... What matters is how empathetic we are to each other and how much we recognize the fact that a smile has a story behind it.. .and no it is not a happy one all the time..

Love u people... :)

12 comments:

Rià August 12, 2010 at 6:13 PM  

Yes can totally understand what u r trying to say. Thats the reason why i don't ever wish i had somebody else's life coz i have no idea what their life is about.

Sakshi August 12, 2010 at 9:41 PM  

Yes there is always always a story behind that smile, even if the smile is out of happiness... there is always something that makes you smile and something that forces you to smile for the world. Great piece of advise Harshi... *hugs*

Anwesa August 12, 2010 at 11:56 PM  

Reminds me of that song:

"Tum itna jo muskura rahe ho,
Kya gham hai jisko chuppa
rahe ho ?"

Neha August 13, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

I agree, grass is alwyas greener on the other side.

erer August 13, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

I loved the narration... and what a sweet thought for the day :)

thanks for sharing!

The Enchantress August 13, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

So True Harshu,
I have heard many times in my life too- teri to life mast hai..tujhe kya tension...

and it pissess me off like anything....

and believe me such breed of people can never be happy..give them everything possible and they would neva smile...kind of life hating people....

Lady Whispers August 15, 2010 at 12:24 AM  

That mast line made me remember the old me ...I used to be always up with a smile and friends of mine used to be like tere life to mast rahegi hamesha....alas...that was just beginning of hardships...I wished they had never said so...but then I love to go with a smile and I always do.....and so do u do :)

Arpit August 15, 2010 at 1:10 AM  

I wish if i wud ve read it like 10 days before..
but its never too late..

I created some mess in my life n its time to clean that up.. your posts always show me a way out..
You rock. :)

Aditya Nandode August 18, 2010 at 3:04 PM  

And u may never know how disturbing it might be to hear that line:mast life wali!

Agreed!

Haddock August 31, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

A thought provoking post.
Very true.
Good work...... keep writing (and keep smiling)
Have a nice time.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital