About scars, professionalism and blah blah...

The bandage came off today and let me tell you, there are some very gross marks on the hand, that are going to stay for some time, the wound is still there but it is no longer an open wound. I hope though, there are no scars left behind.

During this whole month, I came across different reactions to my accident. Some were heart-warming and some were completely shocking. I concluded people are not at all sensitive to someone's suffering, and not to the 'marks' when it comes to a woman.

Anyways.

I have started traveling for work again and it is difficult you know, to carry luggage with just one hand or even to manage "NOT TO" hurt myself in the public places. Simple tasks such as picking up the dinner plate all by myself are a pain with only my left hand at work.

This whole accident also made me see how people are not sensitive even on professional front. If you won't do it, someone else will - that is the mantra everyone follows.

It is sad that in the race of earning more revenues and all, we end up being insensitive to the people who are responsible for the growth of our business.

No calls from work at all, to ask if I am alive or not.

Worst of all is, people from work who pretended to be considerate otherwise, turned their backs. That is ridiculous, coz it is professional courtesy to call up people you work with.Isn't it? I am highly disappointed with it and let me tell you such an attitude has only one repercussion, the people who passionately worked for the business, take a step back and just do what is required and stop going that extra mile.

I think when someone says there are "Professional", they should really understand what that means, being ruthless or cold is not professional.

I donno how do we categorize such people.. but the whole point is, if a business does not respect the people that helps it in its growth, it cannot survive for long.

That is just my opinion though. I believe in that. 

Baaki Chennai is too much of "Ghich Ghich Chip Chip"...but I live next to a beach and trust me, after all the shit I have been through in past one month, this one is a nice break where I have just me for company, I talk to the sea, the birds and sometimes to the beautiful starry sky..

Thank you, God. I needed this, may be. Although, I still miss my friends and wonder if they miss me too :)

Mast raho, Dilchasp raho!!

 


5 comments:

Jack August 27, 2012 at 9:08 PM  

Me,

The human or personal touch has almost vanished these days. If you are there to work, everything is fine but if you are not, well work has to be done by someone and no need to waste time to talk to you. I agree that in office one should not spend time on unnecessary talks but still there is time when you can get to know each other and be there for each other in times of need. I am sure that no scars will be left, even if there are some faint ones, so what! That does not make you any less than others.

Take care

Sakshi August 28, 2012 at 6:29 PM  

"It is sad that in the race of earning more revenues and all, we end up being insensitive to the people who are responsible for the growth of our business."

It is always the case. Trust me, been there and done that. I am still trying to recover from the insensitive people! And each time I go back to that thing- I wish that I could re live it again without being the sensitive one.. but then there have to be some good people in the world na.. ;)

I am sure that you will be just fine, after the whole thing heals completely :) You are pretty and awesome!
HUGS!

Me August 30, 2012 at 9:54 AM  

@Jack

Sir,
Thank you so much. That was motivating :) Scars are beautiful :D

Me August 30, 2012 at 9:55 AM  

@Sakshi
Thank you Sakshi.. hoping for the same.. thanks for the kind words :P

Me August 30, 2012 at 9:55 AM  

@Rass-toh-gee
:P badi hassii aa ri hain?

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital