Yeh jo desh hain mera...

I know most of the people look at such blog titles and yawn to themselves -- One more patriot, One more post full of whining about how our country is going to the dogs, One more yap-yap..yap-yap...

I think what I am going to say here is more of a concern than a rant. I don't know who can fix it.. me? you? the government? the people of the country? or God?

I sit back in the AC cubicle in my Client office and as I read through the news items, I wonder how the poor is getting poorer and the rich is getting richer. How I strive to earn more so I can buy a better brand, afford a better house and a better life..while there are people in some place in my country who don't even have ek-waqt-ka-khaana.

How I so easily make a face to my over-cooked Cilantro pasta in a hotel and leave some on the plate...While there are thousands who would lick that plate dry coz they have not seen food for days, IN MY COUNTRY.

When you start thinking or reading or writing about such stuff, you feel so depressed about the whole thing.. but then this is how it is and I cannot make any tall claims that "Oh! I am so awesome that I will leave my comfortable cubicle and walk miles to help these people". I know right now, I won't.

"I can't" is not an option coz if I am ready to renounce my comfort, I can do anything.

I just sit back here, like a hypocrite, sipping on my green tea and using the latest technology and social media to voice my "oh-so-sympathetic-views".

Man! that sucks.. I mean becoming this person.On days like these, I hate myself..I hate the fact that I am not doing enough for anyone anymore.

I had dreams of changing the face of the country and doing things for people, when I was in school, in college.. and then I got addicted to this life that I live and forgot all of them??

I donno if people who are reading it are awesome or just like me..

But I think, just sending a donation every alternate month through some online service to these people, is not going to help them. Things have to be fixed, at the root-level. HOW? I donno.. right now, I don't.

Just that WE, as people and as a country need help.

I don't think the time is to stay mast and dilchasp... this is probably the time to take charge as a citizen and as a human being to at least create some difference. Coz my success is meaningless as a citizen, if the people in my country are killing themselves over poverty and starving to death.

Depress mat hona padke. Padna.. Sochna.. Bhool Jaana. Bharat Maata ki Jai!!

2 comments:

Jack August 30, 2012 at 9:34 PM  

Me,

A very much needed post. One does not need to do anything very big but even small efforts to bring change in what is going on is a must. Education is what we need to focus on. You can teach some underprivilaged children during your free time. Do not give donations but sponsor some poor student for schooling. But do monitor that he or she attends school regularly and even spend time to make him or her study in free time. Once we have majority of our population properly educated then only they will understand to use their right to vote judiciously.

Take care

Arpit September 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM  

I just love to read each and every post of you. :)

Aur me duniya bhar ki tension lunga par karunga kuch nhi. :\

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital