Pressure-cooker foot gaya.. BOOOOOOOOM!! :P

So, July 18 2012 is done with. There was a pressure cooker blast while I was cooking and almost everyone I met after that tells me that I am lucky to have survived with just my right-hand badly injured. People die in such accidents or get their faces or limbs disfigured for life :( That's pretty scary. Ni?

To start with, I am better. I use my left hand 100% and my right hand 50% as of now. 

Such incidents bring us closer to life, people and some realities. Like, I realized how my friends are few, how my mom loves me to death, how it is SOO important to stay fit and healthy, how it is so difficult to depend on others for basic stuff like "combing your hair" and how resilient I am as a person.

Surprisingly, I also realized that I have quite a threshold for pain. While my mom was screaming and crying at the top of her voice when this accident happened, I was just too calm even in pain, trying to calm her down. 

Such a shock it was, the whole food over me.. hot..and our whole kitchen turned into a nightmare.. Tubelights were burst, crockery broken, stove broken, Chimney fell on my head. hehehe!! Now, when I look at all this, I feel so funny. 

What a trouble-magnet I am...but then, people of my house should thank me for getting EVERYTHING new in the kitchen..I am still sad that I did not KILL Dad's 1950s mixer-grinder in this accident :P

Sigh!! no matter how much I joke about it.. it was a horrific thing..and I really pray that something like this never happens to ANYONE. 

Oh! I forgot to mention the interesting visitors I got. Most of my relatives came up with -- "Haaye! kudi ka mooh teh ni jalyaa? Vyaah kiddaan hoyeha aida?" :P - -Lemme translate, my relatives were more concerned about how will they marry me off if I burnt my face n all. Amazing people.

BTW, I have a funny and cute doctor to tend to me. He is such a positive influence. I still have bandages ON..but I am optimistic.

Thanks to ALL of you for sending across your wishes and yep! one day at a time, I am getting better.

Much love.. 

Mast raho, Dilchasp Raho.. 
Footey kittey bhi pressure cooker, Tum Dhinchakk raho! :P

I also know now that Every near-death experience instills a lil more life into me.

11 comments:

Nilesh Mandekar August 13, 2012 at 7:49 PM  

Harshita, you are amazing. You don’t need to blast a cooker to realize ur mom’s love… TC :)

Ankit Garg August 13, 2012 at 8:32 PM  

Harshita, good to know that you are recovering day by day. The whole episode is scary yet you drive comedy out of it.

Mast raho, Dilchasp Raho..
Footey kittey bhi pressure cooker, Tum Dhinchakk raho,
Ho Life me kaise bhi events, Tum Bindaas raho!

Take Care


Jack August 13, 2012 at 9:17 PM  

Me,

Hope and pray that you recover fully soon. I admire your courage and wit. I know some persons instead of worrying about injuries are more concerned about marriage prospects. Do let me know if I can be of any help.

Take care

Sakshi August 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM  

Glad to know that you are doing so much better :)

Priyadarshini Joyce August 14, 2012 at 8:45 AM  

:))

Kuch bhi ho ye positive attitude nahi jaata naa :))

tussi gr8 ho ji :)

get well completely soon :*

I'll try 2 be truthful August 15, 2012 at 10:40 AM  

at first I was like horrified while reading your post!
I was like arre cooker me pani nahi dala tha kya (which I had actually once done but thank god cooker phoota nahi tha tab)

Even though you are talking about an accident , the lightheartedness with which you write makes me smile.

ek din chupke se "Dad's 1950s mixer-grinder" ko galti se gira dena :P

and I really hope that you get well soon, last lines to awesome hai.

hath tera toota
hope mujhe mila :)

dhinchak post! :D

Arpit August 15, 2012 at 10:41 PM  

Ha Ha Harshita.. :D

Good to have you back.. Or apko Fb par dekhke acha laga! :)

Khush Rehna.. :)

- Sugar Cube - August 17, 2012 at 8:08 PM  

my god :O

you are a very strong person :) Its amazing to see your attitude at such intense incidents.

hope you're much much better now.

Rià August 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM  

I can't imagine u can see humor in such a situation as well...u really r a very strong person...and the relatives never fain to annoy u, isnt it! Get well soon dear.

Hirdesh Gupta August 21, 2012 at 5:16 PM  

:) good to see you in your always rock on style... !!!

sukr hai tumne microwave nahin use kiya...else wahan to radiation blast hota !!! ...just kidding...

cook safe...

Me August 30, 2012 at 10:15 AM  

Thanks a lot for your wishes, sab log.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital