Naamkaran : The Kaaran behind it!!

It is not for the first time that we have got a pet... but for me it is a strange yet a new experience. After Caesar, our last pet, died due to doctor's negligence, mom took to bed, her BP shot up...she complained of migraines and all....She has been close to Caesar fr 7 yrs and I understand when she says it was just like raising a baby up....Caesar was no doubt a sweetheart with all of us....But to get mom and infact the whole family out of grief we decided to get her a new pet or say get US one...we all were feeling so incomplete without him around. Now I understand what does it mean when people say they cannot go out coz they cant leave their dogs home alone...It is simple and pure attachment as you call it in one go!! Although we all were not in sync when the idea of getting a new pet was intoduced in the family as bhai felt it will get too difficult if the new one also leaves us someday...but for mom and ofcourse for dad who loved him more than anyone else....it was important... I left for my trip to Hong Kong for work although with a heavy heart....and frankly....I could not concentrate there...On my return, Chaa( Thts the way I address my chaachu...he he...hope no VHP and Shiv Sena guy is reading this...he he...as if I have given access to any ;) ) picked me up from the airport and sooner Harita calls me and says..."Hey Di!! Welcome back....did u get any surprises...?? ". I was sure this was it...and when i reached home...I was unpacking my bags...when a small n sweet cotton ball came sleepy-eyed...towards me...that was him...our new pet...same breed...just a diff...Caesar was a Bulgarian Spitz...while he is a German...the dogs tht were used as hunter-dogs... So here we was white n small new pet...I was delighted to see him but then came the herculean task of giving him a name...ahum!! a biiiiiiig task I would say...there was a daily discussion on the same...mmm...not to mention...a heated one...Poor pet!! :( Someone suggested Salt/Pepper...then came along..Killer/Breezer...grrrrrrr...the cuter ones came as Khushilaal/Babulaal...he he...and the wild ones suggested by me ofcourse were Santa and Banta ( Banta coz we r planning to get a german shepherd to so it cud have been gr8)...After a looooooooong search,some meetings and few googling sessions...no results...ha ha...I wonder who takes so much pain in naming a pet afterall....well this family does.. :) The next day I got a call from one of my frenz..and as he lovingly calls me Happy Singh...he said,"Hor bhai! Happy Singh ki haal?"....traang tring...Eureka!! Eureka!! Thats it...kya bola yaar...Happy Singh.... and so he was baptised. Who would do that but I did it...I gave him MY name, as you know I always say even now that he brought happiness yet again for us after Caesar...and then a name reflects a person...oops! here a dog.... doesnt it?? This is the masala story behind Happy Singh being christened...but well well!! waiting for us was a big challenge as mom's gud friend and our neighbour's son is addressed as Happy...ha ha...Here's the catch baby!!...Auntiji had a big objection to it....well I promised her ,we will name the next pet on bhai's name...(hehe...thank god I did not include bhai in my blog-readers list ;)) I said "Come on Aunti, I will call the other one Sunny". hehehehe ..... So after all the controversies and few fatal promises we had a name for him : Happy Singh... If all that happened was not enuff, I had to travel to bangalore for work and while I was not there Happy had to face a lot of confusion at home... Some cousins came over to stay for a week and they called him Salty(yuck! wat kinda name is tht for him)...mom called him betu...and chaa called him DIPLA ha ha..poor happy wenever someone called him..he was like luking in all damn directions...he did not knw which name to react to...i m sure he was missing me... Finally...I was back home and Happy came running to me...Mom told me that he doesnt react to them...and how come he came up running to me...well well...afterall it was damn clear he loved his name...HAPPY... :) So burying all hatchets and moving on it was loud and clear he woudl be addressed by his name HAPPY SINGH and thts it... Now Happy lives up to his name...always jumping n jollying around...but there is more to him.... For that read on the post : Happy da tashann...

1 comments:

SOCH... April 25, 2011 at 1:18 AM  

Hehehe... Happy Singh... d name itself brings a smile... :-)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital