Yeh Dil Maangey More!!

Whenever I am off to bangalore for an official trip, I make it a point to catch up with frenz. Some of them are a permanent fixture in the itnerary. So on one of such visits to a dear friend of mine, I met someone I used to be a great fan of. Reason being I assumed he was a person of great conviction,loyalty and sensitivity of what all I had seen of him with my friend. Anyways, the post is not about him to start with but about something bhai told me once. Let's get into a flashback.My kid bro is a big committment-phobic or shud I say he assumes so, probably he thinks that means you have attitude...watever..So when i got to know he had two galfrenz, I was shocked. I mean me being a person who has grown up on romantic novels and movies , can never digest this. He asked me such an innocent question ," Why cant I fall in love with two gals at a time?". "Oh poor thing! sure you can if you are insane or a super-confused character who does not know how to differentiate your emotions", I told him. I know he did not take me seriously on that. Afterall, how many guys take gals seriously no matter wat? lolz... Now back from flashback : So wen kid bro asked me this, it was time to give it a thought but then it disappeared amidst my busy schedules and on this trip to bangalore, I met this superstar. I was telling my friend how bhai was telling me this and we both were discussing it with amazement and soon this Mr. Superstar steps in the discussion and says," Why not? he is right, one can love as many gals at a time". haha... I am terribly disappointed here, although I know how famous he is for being a casanova character but saying you LOVE two people at a time is a little difficult. I was delighted I had two subjects to study now: If bhai was not enuff, someone else too joined the bandwagon and I was sure there were more to come. I looked at Mr. Ex- Superstar( now ex coz my assumptions somwhere misled me, i realised) and with a smile was telling myself in punjabi," Kar lo gal, ikk kamm sigaa ikk hor aaya". All that I know of him, he is as good as my kid bro, not yet found the ultimate love of his life coz he has a super-power to fall in love with more than one woman at a time... ;) I did not get time to think about it in early future though but then I saved this for my diary article and the more I talked to my guy frenz I realised that "Falling in love with more than one person at a time is Confusion ka sabsey badaa side-effect".... :) You have someone and u crave for better and better but where does the search end...It does end somewhere...I am sounding like Baba Ramdev now...ha ha...but truly it has to end somewhere..In my romantic novels, it does end...he he :) Realistically speaking, I go shopping and even if i buy my favourite designer jewellery, as soon as I step inside another store, I feel so bad I spent 2k already on it and there is somethig much better I can buy not knowing that my first buy was worthy enuff until after few months when I wear them on the ocassion I bought them for, i get so many compliments for them and I see someone else wearing what I thought was worth buying and it looks pathetic for that ocassion....ha ha...its a typically girly story.... But its wat we are all about, arent we? So why cannot we look beyond perfection and why does yeh dil maange more and more... and gets nothing at the end :) I am looking for answers but my subjects have not yet found the worthy enuff yet....poor chaps!! Guys, do you have any answers?? I am left wondering...

7 comments:

Anonymous,  April 18, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

Aftr ur blog i too feel like "ye dil maange more" .... i dont really prefer to read but its ur writings which made me read....
d kind of guys u r talking bout are not in love rather they r in love wid the idea of being in love ... and thats why they think of falling in love wid every next gal...!!!!

Cheers,
Megs

Aevi April 19, 2008 at 11:05 PM  

I dnt know wat to say exactly as I might contradict my self at some points. but to me some how felling in love with a2nd or 3rd person at the same time was always justified.

They say love is a state of high, its a state of restlessness. It's a state of "goose bumps and sudden smiles". It's that stage when you argue against yourself, against your own reasons. it awakens you from your mundane slumber, it intensifies if you try to defy it, you find a purpose, purpose in a person... It's a feeling you fail to comprehend , or justify to someone else -Its a stage when you say "Arrey you won't understand" - All these feelings are not coming from your conscious, they are coming from your unconscious, the part of you who does not care about reasons, have you ever felt that part of yours? Have you ever had to answer the question - "why are you smiling"

Well now the second thought taking a scientific approach (cnt help it..) could be - if love can be measured in intensity on a scale of 1 to 10, and if at point 9 we reach a state that only one person can be loved by us then that could be a definition of love and if someone defines love as point 5-8 then he can possibly be in love with multiple girls.

Because some how or the other whenever this happend to anyone they always had something or the other that i just said in the first para... be it first love or second love... "scale value may vary"

Sinner April 20, 2008 at 10:42 PM  

Ahum!There you go...Thats wat I was trying to say, you cannot LOVE two people at the same time and as u mentioned if you meausre it, the intensity varies..so if someone says I am in love with so and so...then I wud say thats more of liking or infatuation as LOVE is quiet a meaninigful word which cannot be mistaken for a fluctuation in hormones...and thats why I feel to yearn for love is understood but to say I LOVE two people equally is sumthing that is a lil difficult to accept :) or may be I am too stuck up with the idea of classic romances and Mills&Boons...or is it different with men..may be they r too happy with numbers...he he...the feminist in me starts talking now..

Anonymous,  May 1, 2008 at 6:44 PM  

hmm....interesting...One thing i should say you write pretty well.
Absolutely right on, one can not love two persons at a time otherwise it's not love it's something else. May be one's darker side looking for excuse every second to end up with various other people. Well, do you tink it's only with boys not with gals ..nah it's with gals too. I hate when gals float around with various guys & don't care where the hell relationship is taking to & playing with someone's heart is leading to. But I would like to point one stuff which i feel you mention in all your write ups, you hate guys you don't like them blah blah. I am ok if you say 90% are like that, but to say each guy is on same boat is absolutely wrong.

Well just a thought - i felt i should mention it. I am your bro's friend. No Regrets - 3 Cheers :)

Anonymous,  May 12, 2008 at 12:03 AM  

I agree with Megs., Its the thought of being in Love that is fancied., n wit this 'fastTrack' generation.,(as if I dont belong to this gen!) where everything is "Chalta hain", to be committed/ bound is probably the biggest ask!

Prabhat Kumar May 12, 2008 at 11:38 AM  

attration towards opposite sex is natural and it can be for many at one time .

How ever love can not be possible with more than one at a time !!

Aevi May 20, 2008 at 4:26 AM  

i would love to take the discussion offline some time but still stating: "or is it different with men..may be they r too happy with numbers" can be offensive and its true for girls too.

I am not a preacher of male dominance either n i think i love females more thn u (kiddin)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital