"Itz time to change"

Change is constant as they say but sometimes it happens to us and we completely ignore it until someone shakes us up and brings us to the real world. For me, the person who shook me up and made me aware of this change is my brother, Money. All he said was " I was wondering you don't have local friends, you don't go out much..." and then he paused sensing that it will cause a big furor in the house and we decided we will talk abt it later. I knew what he was about to say. This is something that has been bothering me a lot too but I always put in on the back-burner. I could not sleep well last nite thinking about how my life changed in past few years and it worried me. I am more grounded and home-bound now but I was more outgoing and travel-kinda person earlier. I used to meet a lot of people, talk and talk. Now I spend my time working on weekdays,writing exams and cleaning on weekends. I HAVE CHANGED... CHANGED A LOT but I have my reasons. Firstly I thought I should blame it on my age, turning 26 makes you feel more mature which means you are expected to be good at work, get married and be focussed but then I thought it does not mean, I should stop having fun..Naah! I have a job that makes me work from home, if I am not travelling. So in a way its not getting up early morning, dressing up and munching on my breakfast while I run for my cab. I get up late(now), sip on hot water and get to work in my night pyjamas. I dont need to think about what dress to wear, what accessories to match, what shoes and what kinda hair. In short, I know its quiet a boring start to the day and a lazy one too. I know most of us dream about it. :D :D I am at work from 9 in the morning, that means in my own room, at my desk, and the cozy bed lures me now and then to sleep, but I dont. I fix my own breakfast, cook lunch for my family and get back to work again. There are times I work till 2 in the morning, and that's the disadvantage. I am off for my walk at 6pm or at times 8...thanks to some pervs, I now walk on the terrace and not on the road across the street after being groped twice. So again, no going out for walks which means I should get up early morning to do so, which I don't do. Weekends, I spend washing, cleaning and most of the times, writing my MBA exams or writing my IT certifications. Drawback of studying in hostel was that I lost all my friends to various locations across the country and an out of town job gave me a lot of new frenz but then different location-postings made me lose them too. I came back home and the new job made me meet some new people but the work-from-home grounded me completely as my team is worldwide and we have no seats for WW teams. Now, whenever I am in bangalore, I freak out with my frenz and live it up... else it is a very routine thing when I am home. Blame it on my frequent stint with sickness(for those who follow my blog religiously, it is a regular thing to hear abt), I stopped going out coz I was SO bedridden all the time. I CANNOT eat outside food after typhoid, I dont see the need to shop every week coz I dont go OUT for work and partying... it has become a vicious circle that needs to be broken some time soon. Not that I am not happy with life,I am pretty mast with it... just that, my workaholic nature has affected me a lot in past 3 years and I did not notice. All that mattered was WORK, and more WORK. I have missed family weddings, friends weddings and lots of important ocassions coz nothing seemed to appeal to me if it is not related to work. Altogether I realized that my long-term sickness and of-course the weight gain made me go into a shell and create a fence around me, I kept working n working to avoid the feeling of helplessness sickness brought to my life back then. Now, when I know, what has happened to me. I have decided to take one step at a time and look around and appreciate other things in life too. WORK is not everything as someone truly said "On your death-bed, you wudnt think about your job and work, you wud think about LIFE and relationships". I dont want to miss on the wonderful life that it is... I wud want to re-visit and re-invent myself. Today, I free myself from the clutches of my workaholic attitude and my health issues. I deserve it too... and no one else but "I" can change it for me...Thanks Money for making me accept what I saw but did not accept... And for all you workaholics out there, YAAR!! AB TUM BHI JAAG JAAO, MAIN TOH JAAG GAYI :D WAKE UP !!

25 comments:

Mads August 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM  

Phew. I can't believe im posting the first comment on YOUR blog....hawwwwwww...honoured che....shy is coming....blush is showing...

Money hai to Honey hai...aur dono hai to Harshita hai... (does not know why she said that)
Better late than never realization...and it's more like, many youngsters (yes u are young and you are not some old bimbo lady who is toothless and lifeless and watches punjabi serials all day and shakes her walking stick) ignore their own family, forget friends because of work pressure and the greed to succeed and give a better life to their families...
im lecturing now par mujhe pata hai mai bhi shayad yeh karungi...courts mei chakkar maarke office jaake sadungi... aur FB account ko 2-3 saal touch nahi karungi...
*does nautanki*
im glad u realized how you changed, and if not now then never... go out and live life....Harshita style :) :) !!!
p.s- Huh!! u need to eat well and stay fit..keeping on falling sick :O U sikh girl..oops punjabi girl :P

♪♪Happy Go Lucky♪♪ August 21, 2009 at 6:34 PM  

UFFF!!! I am so confused what to comment .. yours is the life ive always dreamt of.. but i guess ill feel the same way if i were you :P
magar i guess i have felt that way.. ive had around 3 months of vacation and if i stay home for more than a week, i got bored..but sometimes i feel thats enough.. staying in touch with the old friends you want to keep instead of making new ones.. :P
(im starting college in another 2 weeks so youcan understand... im having butterflies in my stomach as i type this :) )

Richa August 21, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

tera ye post padh ke I felt like soo me before August 2 u know ;)
jokes apart yaar.. i know to us, we feel we would lose our existence if we dun keep ourselves busy.. but then as money ji said.. apne liye time nikalna is must.. i know ow much d u hate going to parlors, but pampering yourself isnt a bad idea if u cant go out with frnz.. i soo know how it is to have frnz across the globe and less localites :)

chal ab to tu wake up ho gayi hai, Sid nahi bhi hona chahta to koi na.. :D

masti se jeene ka :)

love :)

Deepika August 21, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

It happens with most of the people... I always think I'll enjoy my life even when I'll start working but when people share their worklife with me I feel bit upset but then again I promise myself no I'll not let the fun leave my life at any point of time...
But then life changes us.... dunno whats there in future for me....
Good that you realized it :)

Mustaf August 21, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

Probably I have started following your blog recently and I don't know you much personally, so at times I was at loss (I mean lack of info) while reading your post, but not your fault :-)

But the good thing is that finally you have realized and I don't think that is late realization, you are only 26 (If I have to believe a girl admitting her age herself :P:P). We all have our career aspirations, our life and our priority and even I get confused some times when i see others putting their everything just to make their career leaving everything else. But i think the goal should be not only reaching your destination but also to make your journey memorable. All the best for your new journey & jio life dil khol ke :D

AB August 21, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

"Not that I am not happy with life,I am pretty mast with it... just that, my workaholic nature has affected me a lot in past 3 years and I did not notice."

Ohho kya kehne.. Karm main bhi bhagwan hai!
(Don't beat me for saying this but I sometimes wonder: do people actual become workaholics or they like the money to keep flowing in or they become a little anti-social so they find more pleasure in working rather than listening to chatter-patter)

Anyways, I feel happy that you have become an azaad panchi now you have invited me to become an azaad panchi as well..

"And for all you workaholics out there, YAAR!! 'AB' TUM BHI JAAG JAAO, MAIN TOH JAAG GAYI :D WAKE UP !!"

:P

~AB~
}AD)

Arpit August 21, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

Hmmm.. Well..
Go Out! Have Fun!

WORKAHOLIC bahut ho gaya now become ALCOHOLIC!!!
& sing along ' me talli me talli me talli ho gyi '

CHEERS

Rià August 21, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

good to know that u hav realised it for good! :) Have fun and live life like there's no tomorrow. have a gr8 weekend gurl!!

Americanising Desi August 21, 2009 at 11:20 PM  

I took a long walk last night and could only think about how everything is changing. Old chapters are coming to a close and new ones are being written.

Things are definitely changing, and it is starting to seem real. It’s both exciting and scary.

in all this i dont wanna miss on living !!

Sneha Shrivastava August 22, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

"I dont want to miss on the wonderful life that it is... I wud want to re-visit and re-invent myself. Today, I free myself from the clutches of my workaholic attitude and my health issues."

I will only say 'Amen'.:)
Love
sneha

Arjun August 22, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

:) :) :)

How nice it was to read this post... :)

U take care of ur health... n go on with all that u want to do.. :)

Now, when I know, what has happened to me. I have decided to take one step at a time and look around and appreciate other things in life too.


Tats the best thing u can do.. :)

I'm new to this blog... but i've become a genuine fan of it.. :)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Thousif Raza August 22, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

tumhare last line ke chillane se all will definitely take a step ahead from their workaholic worlds :)

you know if only more people could understand this, i mean one doesn't even have to do it, if they just speak like you that makes a whole lot of a difference

it was very well written, i know how life can be in the fast lane, ask me cause i aint got one friend here in Mysore after me moving in here 5 months earlier

but in time all will be all rgt harshita, everything will be, i promise, but you take your own advise ok, a nice person like you will surely find good frenz, wishing you luck for that


take care and keep writing...........

Manish Raj August 22, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

Thanks Harshita..

This blog has a message for me as well.

Cheers
Manish

peter August 22, 2009 at 6:14 PM  

Srsly I have started realizing it now ..that work makes u give up so many things in ur life.

Busy people want to be free and vellas want to be busy ! Irony u see.
It's not that u shud give up ur work or xams or ambitions..it's just that u shud enjoy it everythng ...wid that ..par yeh sab manage karney k liye sala sabke pas mast wala behja hona chaiye ....I am sure u have that ..i lack that however :P

nice post :) loads of gyan in simple manner :)

http://gshanky.wordpress.com August 22, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

its necessary to balance things. its more important when u ve chronic health problems :(
so take care and be disciplined to avoid burn out.Its no longer ur college days but a demanding professional world.

Abhishek Sardar August 23, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

All work and no play makes Harshita a dull dull duuulll girl.

Read this Chetan Bhagat's speech at Symbiosis.

You will like it. I hope.

Priya Joyce August 24, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

kindaa..totally woven in the daily routine..yeh u r ryt we do need a change..hmmm ahh..change is a sure must..but hw???
hmmmm:(

U can call me your attorney August 24, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

self realisation is the best realisation...

u r so true...its never too late to learn..pursuing ur hobbies in a serious way is the best way out, for me..try it out :)

BrownPhantom August 25, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

First things first.
I do envy you for the job profile :).
But yes, work-life balanec is absolutely essential. And you are awakening at the right time. Working for long hours is quite common, especially in beginning years. I did the same too :). But now the life is much more balanced. At least the work is less :). Best thing to do when one reduces working-hours is to join a fitness regime. It gives a guaranteed high everyday.
Very honest and introspective post :).

mysterious gal August 25, 2009 at 1:52 PM  

Awwwww u sound so much like the me that i became in recent times. i had almost become the reclusive, isolated kinds......though i made a point to take a walk outside...thanks to my mom's constant habit to pulling me to take walks with her....otherwise i m u.....and thanks to my research...my work requires me to be home in front of my computer working and that has a effect on my socializing.....and i know what a break i want....and trust me u need to take the same.....just take a whim holiday where ur clueless and enjoy....!

We get life once.....so what the hell ....when we r too old to enjoy we might feel why didnt we.....so open ur wings and chilllax ....even i wanna do it :D

LifeSmiles:) August 27, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

:)

Problem is our friends are also busy...May be you can take time out...but for how many days..all friends are working and are in world of competition...
But to be a workholic is not so great!! Everybody should keep sunday for fun..Just for himself/herself...Wat u really want to do..do it on sundays :)

Akansha Agrawal August 28, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

Erm, can you like break away from your schedule for say, a day every week for starters... tell your boss your internet gives away for one day every week, or arrey plethora of excuses hain... kabhi ye kabhi woh... ;) Live that one evening on your own terms, visit places, check out guys, do everything you want to... Take some good friends with you, aur koi nahi toh Money toh hai hi...

As for not eating out... well, take something home-made like sandwiches n stuff, I know it seems horrible, looking at a McD and eating ghar ka khaana... but thoda sacrifice you see... :P \:D/

Dekho itni saari muft ki advice mil gayi... I am not even asking for fees... ;)

Rohit Dassani September 13, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

Hey congratulations on ur new life, attire!! Its great to read this wonderful blog post. I can understand how messed up life can becomes when ur constantly busy with work.

Gaurav September 25, 2009 at 3:19 AM  

Tu sawah jaagi hai.. Mujhe tau yaad kiya nahi naa hee koi phone kiya hai naa hee koi chithi bheji hai, mera patta tak nahi kiyaa kee mei kaha hoo, kaisa hoo, tu savah jaagi hai in short abhi bhi tu apne dosto ko bhuli padhi hai..
--Gaurav(6th floor IBM)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital