Dallas Diaries : Day 1 - Hush, Rush, Lost and finally, found ;)


Here I am, back with the Diary-series.

For a change, this time my flight to US was not scheduled too late at nite or too early in the morning. It was at something around 8 am. Even then I did not sleep the whole nite due to the stress of travelling.


I chose British Airways instead of Lufthansa this time... coz *shrugs* it takes lesser flying time as compared to Lufthansa... but frankly, people gave me such bad reviews about BA, that I went there without any expectations at all and I was so pleasantly surprised. As always, I took an aisle seat (it's recommended if u have a long flight) and did what I do the best : Sleep with my mouth open :D :D


9 hours in the flight were gooooood. I had kids for company and we played, teased, made faces and smiled a lot. Also, a cute old couple was sitting next to me, I liked the way they took care of each other. Made me think, will I be able to hold onto a relationship for that long?? *sigh*


I had 4.5 hrs of transit time but then delay in arrival and distant gates, made me almost miss my connecting flight to Dallas from London. I was, mind you!! the last passenger.. so I had this doubt in my mind about my luggage. They say BA is famous for losing luggage :D


Immigration was a bad experience for the FIRST time in my life. I lost my itinerary (actually I did not lose it, it was in that book I was reading and I almost forgot to look there) and the Immigration officer, although an Indian, pestered me a lot about why? how? when? but then when I told her that she can see my passport to confirm that I travel frequently for work, she checked some stuff in there and let me go.. *sigh of relief*


OMG! how can I forget this? The flight steward in the BA flight was so hot.. I mean the moment he smiled at me, I was like all weak in my knees.. :D bwahahahaha... Thank God, really.. for after a long time, I gotta see a guy as a steward in my flight :D


AA flight to Dallas was peaceful, I got an aisle again n no one sitting besides me.. so I used both the seats n slept all the way.. On and Off.. On and Off.. :D


The cabbie in Dallas was Thai and he was so talkative.. I mean even more than me.. CAN YOU BEAT THAT?? :D


I took a deep breath once I reached hotel.. got the best room, facing a park.. and trees near my window and wow! the sun shines on me first thing in the morning everyday :D :D yoo hoo...


It is so damn hot here though... I realized when I decided to go shop for grocery in Walmart.. the hotel guys said "Oh! it's nearby". Damn! their near-by was almost 3 kms in the harsh sun.. I got lost... I got tired.. bought what I had to and then asked the hotel to pick me up...


*Sigh* that was it.. how can my life be devoid of masala?? :D :D hehe... When I got lost, the first thing that came to my mind was.. Hell yeah! ho gayi gadbad.. but that's so like me...


Khair... baaki ki isshtory next post mein... there is not internet in office but I can access blogger on and off .... :) will keep commenting n posting..


Ding Ting Ding :D :D Ciao! Love.

14 comments:

Abigail Rogers June 23, 2010 at 1:34 AM  

I see that you have writing listed as one of your interests! Perhaps you would like my blog:

http://openingmyvein.blogspot.com/

I love to write, and though I don't write often, I feel that I have to have an outlet somewhere. So here, every now and then, I'll unpack my thoughts and regale everyone with them. You might enjoy some of my short, random stories and sketches!

Anonymous,  June 23, 2010 at 7:34 AM  

Sleep with my mouth open?
Steward ne dekha hoga I guess.

Ramit Grover June 23, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

Slept with your mouth open? What? There aren't any pictures of that huh? Too bad eh?

Hot steward. Nice. Did you get his phone number by any chance?

I hate AA. I hate AA. I hate AA.

There, I said it. Heh. :P

Have a fun filled (work) trip!

And you expect us to believe you walked 3 kms? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I may be bald, but not gullible! :D :D :D

Seriously, why aren't there any pictures of you sleeping with your mouth open? That'd be fun! :P

We love your diary series! They are the most fun!

peter June 23, 2010 at 9:55 AM  

It's like I could imagine everything that happened :P
enjoy ur trip :) and keep posting !

Anwesa June 23, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

Chalo, Harshita-like posts are back.I missed them so much. Keep us updating !

Rià June 23, 2010 at 3:40 PM  

So glad to see u back here with a post, as always enjoyed reading ur post. :)

♪♪Happy Go Lucky♪♪ June 23, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

Hehe i loved the masala part :) Im back to blogging now :P I loved reading your posts. and its real awesome that you're travelling so much :D :D

Shalini June 24, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

Mast!!!!!!!!!!
And lol...you are one of the lucky ones who can sleep all the way through the flight. Aisle seat kyu?? Main to humesha window seat leti hu............looooooooooove window seats!
Texas is HOT?! Bummer.

Divaa Divine June 24, 2010 at 4:41 PM  

American Airlines sucks - dont like it at all grrr!

Nidz June 24, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

8am??? Yawnss..

Lufthansa is bad???
hhehe sleep with mouth open!! wanna click pic of u doing tht!!

HOT steward!!!! wooooooooooow!!

Aditya Nandode June 25, 2010 at 1:50 AM  

hehehe! u r having fun these days! Nice o see a sleepy post from u!

Harini June 27, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

Hehehe... have a great trip :).

Unknown July 4, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

Nice post :), I enjoyed reading it..hope you are having a great time.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital