Money vs Smile

Being forced by my work to travel across the world, I come across people from different areas of life, but there is one thing which is common in almost all cultures and people these days : They don't smile anymore, not as often they earlier did.

I wonder what brought about this change. Was it gradual? Is it something that happened all of a sudden?

This "I don't smile anymore" syndrome is more common in the RICH or the so-called "almost-there Superclass". Be it at the airports, in the plane, at supposedly expensive restaurants, hotels, designer showrooms or even in meetings... People present themselves as those overly-engrossed serious creatures who believe that smiling at someone is just so passe` and burying themselves in their blackberry phones and iPads is oh-so-posh.

I find it so funny...it is like an epidemic. In this constant race of finding ourselves, earning more money or attaining that overrated "peace of mind", we lose every bit of us and our minds.

Sometimes I feel like walking up to these people and telling them "Take it easy. Aisi ko aafat ni hain life mein. Nobody is going to steal anything from you if you smile at them. Aur fir muskurane pe koi tax thodey hi lagta hain"

Anyways, I hope some day people realize what they are losing on, in this stupid race of being a little more rich, a little more 'there'.

My dear Richie-Richs and the trying-to-be-richs, Money is supposed to make you happy, No?  Then why so sad? :P

Smile! coz it's okay to smile ;)

and I guess I am back...












9 comments:

Rohit Dassani November 23, 2011 at 5:40 PM  

Madam ji apko beech beech mein hoo kya jata hai.... kabhi gayab.... kabhi inaccessible.... kabhi block..... !! very strange!!

Me November 23, 2011 at 5:41 PM  

maajhi satkeli hain :) :)

Rià November 23, 2011 at 5:42 PM  

Aah no wonder i got confused. Anyways, welcome back and yes not smiling seems to be like an epidemic spreading amongst ppl...I don't understand why do ppl not smile. Thankfully here i do find a couple of them who smile when they look at u.

Anonymous,  November 24, 2011 at 8:19 AM  

its called evolution, in earlier days smiling was a way to let know that they are friendly..
its not needed any more, ppl dont have time to make enemies or friendss

Richa November 24, 2011 at 11:12 AM  

*smiles* :)
I dont smile too often too, not because I am superclass, but i am too engrossed i think. and i dont even know what i am engrossed in. 'because i have no idea what is going on' types :D

- Sugar Cube - November 24, 2011 at 8:37 PM  

welcome back :)

your observation is spot on.
lol @ My dear Richie-Richs and the trying-to-be-richs, Money is supposed to make you happy, No? Then why so sad?

:D

Sakshi November 25, 2011 at 10:41 AM  

Oh, I smile all the time. I find that it is the easiest tool to charm people and get your work done :)

Thank God that you are back... :)

Arpit November 25, 2011 at 4:16 PM  

I guess money is taking its toll on me as well..
Jabse kamana shuru kiya hai, zindagi jeena bhool gaya..

I mean there is no time for myself.. I am too busy working these days that, i almost forgot to laugh my heart out!
But thats just one phase of life & what scares me off is that this phase is here to stay for long!

Rohit Dassani November 25, 2011 at 9:45 PM  

Please yeh sab choordoo abhi ke abhi!!

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital