Bhaago! Exam Aaya....

'Exam' is another word that makes me shiver,sweat, feel giddy and see red, apart from of course the word "LIZARD". This Saturday was my Law exam and I stayed up all night to study law... Bhejey mein ek bhi law nahi ghuss raha tha... Mads, Chitwan... are you listening?? Law Sucks Yaaron!! Mera track record hain: If I don't cry on my exam-day, I don't score well. Every time something happens that makes me sob sob... and I score well... hehehehe....So, keeping up with the record... now when I am a responsible grown-up, I cried yet again on the day of my exam... coz I had a fight with Sunny... :( I almost decided I would not give my exam. But then, I pushed myself a bit and I went to the centre. Damn! I am so nervous on my exam day every time... abhi itney saal ho gaye fir bhi.... :( I breathed heavily while climbing up the stairs (yeah! I know my weight is the culprit, but on an exam-day its all abt nervousness)... and same was my state while climbing down.Damn! I was sweating so badly(Courtesy : 44 degrees in Delhi and my tension) that I rushed to my car, put on the AC on high power mode and gulped down a liter of water in one go. I kept telling myself... "Ho gaya yaar... Law ka paper paas ho gaya" and it took me around 15 mins to sober down a bit. Nautanki ek dum! Sahi Mein. :D Now I feel like laughing at it but no use, coz I know this Saturday when I am off for my next exam.. I will be in the same state... :D I donno what is it about exams... I have been giving exams for past 24 years to be precise. When I was two and a half years old, I sat for a Nursery Entrance exam and the trend of exams continued every year. Every year Mom would say "Bas beta iss saal mehnat kar lo... next year se masti karna"... Life guzar gayi woh next year nahi aaya, yaar...huh! I thought once I wud pass my class 12th exams, life wud be simpler... Aha! nopes, it was not. Then started the series of Entrance exams for various engineering colleges and tests in coachings. So the torture of exams did not stop anywhere. Finally, Finally... I made it to an Engineering college... and told myself "Sigh! I hope its going to be simpler now". I was really stupid...wasn't I?? Anyways, so started the Mechanics, Chemistry and Maths harassment.... and later loads of HIGH-VOLTAGE drama continued for next four years.Chalo ji, I thought "Ab koi exam nahi"... toh ji, job ke liye exam do.. Diya... woh bhi diya... Got thru Satyam... started my training... par wahan bhi qualifier exams...!! By god!! Maa-kasam.. In short... band bajaa di exams ney... I convinced myself that there'll be no more exams but then as they say "Apney pair pe de zor se KULHAADI maar di". I enrolled for Post Graduation in Mass Communication and Journalism. OMG, rabb kisi ke saath itna buraa na karey.I had to write 8 papers in a day, from morning 9 till 6:30 pm with a break of 1 hour. Damn! my right arm froze for a week. :( But, I scored well. Balley-Balley. Offo! Balley balley ka ek smiley toh hona hi chahiye...huh! Everyone thought my love-hate relationship with exams would end...but nopes, I enrolled for lots of Software Product Exams... (God knows yeh ideas mujhey aatey kahaan se hain??)... Now, Mom was sure I had no plans to do anything further but I shocked everyone (including ME) by enrolling for a MBA course and here I am, yet again, writing exams :( Every Friday nite, Mom scolds me... and tells me in Punjabi "Ki Vakhta paa ke baih gayi hain?" which means "What trouble you have got urself into?"... LOL Can't help it... Another exam on the way and I am nervous... :( :( Arey! Suno... kya tumhey bhi darr lagta hain exams sey?? Do you also get tense wense during your exam-time?? Hain!!

33 comments:

Crazy Codes June 16, 2009 at 1:31 PM  

its really a intresting blog... lagbhag 2 years se blog par hun... par aaj dikha... ab to shayad roj hi visit karun...

Phoenix June 16, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

hahah

dariyo na..exam hi toh hai..tujhey dekh kar bhag jaygi yeh exam ki bacchi..fikar not...

ab toh is link ko dekhna haan... bhul mat jana something to cheer u up

http://phoenix-hideout.blogspot.com

mwuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Arnab Majumdar June 16, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

This is in response to your question, kya mujhe bhi darr lagta hai exam ke time pe. Mere saare exams kharab hote hai just 'coz of that... I'm quite cool till the last 2 seconds before the answer sheets are handed out, and then starts the tension, the worry... seems I've forgotten everything that I studied, and in the end I totally messed up the exam. Last major situation which happened like this was during the Marketing Research exam, where I took out all the right inferences on the basis of the wrong data I had punched in :D My professor was like beta, aapka ek bhi result sahi nai aaya hai for the second question, and all I could do was just stand there mutely... sad...

But the most hilarious exam related experience I had was back in 2001, when I was giving my 10th boards... the Maths paper to be more precise... and I forgot 2+2=4! I actually resorted to the crudest of forms to figure it out... held up 2 fingers of my left hand, and 2 fingers of my right hand, and then counted them :D Finally, after 2 glasses of water, and being able to count the four fingers I was holding up, I calmed down enough to be able to resume the exam :P

Happens to everyone I guess... but I know that after my MBA exams get over, no more exams for me! At least, that's what I hope right now...

Cheers... keep writing :)

mysterious gal June 16, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

OMG when i read this post i was like shukr hai kissi ko to meri halat ka ehsaas hai.....i m the same when it comes to exams...gosh jo nikalti hai na...pocho mat..i was like yeh to mera experience bata rahi hai..fir bhi main exam dena nahi chorti :P

and i too hate lizards like hell....same pinch :P

sahi me yeh exam banane ka idea kis ullo ke patte ko aaya tha :P

cool post loved it as always :)

peter June 16, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

Arey my brother has the same xam wala phobia. He was on a Peeing Spree before IIT ka entrance. I have the fear of reults I become numb before it and I sweat heavily even in AC,and before xams I engross myself inside any book or notebook or related thing.

waise engg mein aaney k baad yeh sab ...common ho gaya hai subah subah uth k bina brush kiye bhi bahut se xams diye hain mainey aiwe :P

he he best of luck for rest of ur xams.
Break a leg :)

Aditi..............:) June 16, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

I feel the same!!!!! OMG!!! hehehe...
But thankfully its been ages I have appeared for an exam....:P

Priya Joyce June 16, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

al d best sweety..u'll \m/ it re :)

tc

Deepa Gopal June 16, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

Seems like am revisitng my exam days...You won't believe Harshi, I finished my college 9 years bac and still I get nightmares of writing exams at times...I can't sleep during exams...Tension, tension,tension!!! Waisa hi tera haal he shaayad..
Anyways, hope I don't get a nightmare today:)

Have a great day and wish you all the luck for your exams!'ll pray to God!

Lucifer June 16, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

well atlst u r sure u r gonna pass law...i have never been sure in my life if i cud ever pass that subject...jab bhi law ka exam hota tga by god ki kasam chun chun ke gaaliyan deta tha sabko...

AB June 16, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

arey balley balley ka smiley hai! \:D/

hehehehe! naaa ji.. ab mereko exam waxam se daarrr nahi lagta kyunki main Gandhi Ji's talisman + kabir k dohe exams me use karta hu!

aaj pass kare so kaal kar..
kal pass kare so parso...

itnee jaldi kya hai pyareee....
zindagi padii hai yaaro barso!

chichi I know..

exam ki baat kartee ho.. socho un pe kya beet teee hogi jo kisi test main +ve aake bhi dukhi hojate honge! (e.g: H1N1, HIV, Dengue)

all the best for saturday!!!!

Anonymous,  June 16, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

Haha. you seem to give too many exams. i gave my last exam when i appeared for TCS training clearence :)

But in college i always got scared of Electronic exams. they were never my forte. 35 was like 100 for me. Transformers, current source, voltage source, signals and systems, commu systems in addition to servo motors freaked me out.

Helluva scared with this exams....i even get scared today in dreams when i remember how i studied for those subjects. shukar hai, my branch was CS. else i wud have still been doing engineering till now :(

Cheers,

Sameer

Amit June 16, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

all the best for the exams and the results..nice post...brought back the college days!

Rià June 16, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

all the best gurl!!and dont remind me of exmz...i m done with my set of exams since my mba days. :P

Unknown June 16, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

That reminds me that I have a certification on Friday and I haven't started studying yet :(
Haven't even gone through the 'Guru Mantra' of 100 sure shot qns, forget about the e-book :(

I should be studying right now...Good luck for ur exam dear:)

Take care!>:D<

BrownPhantom June 16, 2009 at 11:48 PM  

Just finished my exams last week and I feel so relived right now. Yes, acting stupid on exam days is not uncommon at all. Why one never learns :). For me, Exam has always been a female. Bhaago Exam aayi :).

Sneha Shrivastava June 17, 2009 at 12:13 AM  

All the Best for yoour exams or haan yaar muzey tou behot dar legta hai ,esa legta hai ki sab bhul gai hun.:)

Mads June 17, 2009 at 2:18 AM  

nooo abhinav ki baat mat sun. \:D/--this is not balle balle smiley :(
i know, i want a Indian wala dandiya karne wali smiley and balle balle smiley and all :D
@ your post...never used to take tension until i took law :P Started taking tension, wo bhi because of others hounding me and u never know what to expect in a law paper...
law sucks when u hv to study and mug and vomit..but its fantabulous when you attend a court and hear lawyers argue (like im doing now in my internship :D)
MBA ke liye law bahut zaroori hai :O start liking law, abhi se baccha :-w
best of luck for other papers :)

Arv June 17, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

I miss those exams... want a proxy writer?

Illeen June 17, 2009 at 9:06 AM  

I had taken my MBA exams last year..and I was scared.. CAT ke paper mein adhe ghante ke liye dimag freeze ho gaya tha.And somehow when I am nervous my hands start shaking.. :(

And now MBA mein ghusne ke baad roz roz assignments and tests.

Anonymous,  June 17, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

Mujhe toh exam time main mazza aate hai! All that stress makes me work HARD!!!

Richa June 17, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

oye wakhta is my word.. i am gonna sue aunty for copyright infringement :P

yaar exams ki baat mat kar band baja rakhi hai.. aiwen hi sir pe musibat le li hai maine.. dil hi nahi karta pahne ka and to add on after two yrs ka break to bilkul bhi nahi!!

Pallav June 17, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

bas ki bola..
i hv no words
i think we are sailing in same boat.. :P
Pallav

Pesto Sauce June 17, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

Seems exams have become part of your life

U can call me your attorney June 17, 2009 at 11:31 PM  

exam phobia is common phenomena for every student..EVERY STUDENT!!!! :D

and how come u givin law exams in the middle of MBA exams??!!
and hey..law doesn't suck...it actually sucks you to the core to make you hollow from inside & fill law and legal crap in it..do not call it knowledge anyhow!! (wow what a dialogue,pat my shoulder..khekhe :D)

anyways je hun tussi exam de gehre which paair phasaatta hai,taan hun kuch nahi ho sakda..lagge rao ji..saddian best wishes..

good post..delighted to read..

sHiNiNg sUrYa :-) June 18, 2009 at 2:46 AM  

hey u have got gud stuff.
gonna try reading ur posts for quite a while.

Priya Joyce June 18, 2009 at 3:07 PM  

waise bhi Gtalk is one of the best places to study hei na ?? :P:P

Deepika June 19, 2009 at 7:17 AM  

LOLz... Exams.... no one loves them... :D

Thousif Raza June 19, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

oji we all get tense when its a xam, but tum pe tho xam ka bhoot hi chad gaya lagta hain, god i imagine my self with my rgt arm freezing, cause i too am enrolling for the PG in MCJ, hai rabba.......

Bada sad sa post tha phir bhi bada maza aaya ji


xam ke liye good luk hain ji, do well


take care and keep writing..........

zirelda June 20, 2009 at 3:55 AM  

You are an achiever!

I always did well on exams it was going to class that killed me. :)

Anonymous,  June 20, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

i can eat lizards..

and i used to have bad times during exams :)

Dewdrop June 20, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

Yaar,
Samundar sa syllabus hai,
Dariya jitna padte hain,
Talab jitna yaad rehta hai,
Kua jitna likhte hain
Boondoon jaise marks milte hain!!!

Mahesh Sindbandge June 20, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

Hmmm....ek waqt tha jab mujhe exam bahut pyare the... phir usse chidne se mujhe koi rok na paya...

ab to main usse hamesha koso dure rehne ki koshish karta hoon...

pr tell you what..? zindagi khatam ho jayegi par exams kabhi khatam nahi honge...

its right in every sense... bas zara chashma pehankar dekhne ki zarurat hai..

Chalo chill pill..ho jayega exam aise taise...

Cheers

The Geekie July 7, 2009 at 7:21 PM  

lolzzz.....xam din to tension rehta tha.....thoda nervousness toh rehega ...lekin tumhari jaisi nahi...[:D]

tum b satyam..wah wah ....same pinch...ab woh mahindra satyam ho gaya...so dint get ny call..**** Raju :x

engineer hoke bekaar hoon achi :(

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital