Flush of thoughts - 11.12.2011 - You need me?

Sometimes we start defining ourselves on the basis of how much others need us. THAT is one mistake I end up committing quiet a few times. I think it is kind of a cycle, you flatter yourself thinking that YOU are the one who is responsible for solving everyone's problems and take up all their issues as your own, you do your job and then you get used to being needed by them...and when people no more need you, you feel lost.

I guess I have this keeda in me coz I have been the eldest of the lot always...and I jump at every opportunity to 'help' people. I have suffered enough coz of that, but still can't understand THIS side of me (of course there are too many other things I have no clue abt when it comes to me, but this is one of those many many things). 

Does it happen to you? Do you feel responsible for other people in your life? Do you start defining yourself on the basis of how much the other person needs your help? It is weird, but 'responsibility ruins you' at times!!

I did not notice this, until someone else pointed it out for me...Initially I kept ignoring this..but it is funny how in this whole 'Let's help others' thing, I forgot that 'I' define me, the degree of being needed by others, does not.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaing!! :P 

Khair! Mast raho, Dilchasp raho ;)

8 comments:

Arpit December 11, 2011 at 3:37 AM  

YES to all of your questions!!!

I feel so wasted if i am not helping out anyone... Matlab aisa lagta hai jaise zindagi khatam ho gyi ho... :P
Adhura sa lagta hai... Either i am helping out someone or I am depressed coz there is no one out there who needs my help! ;)


Anyways...
Sharam aa ri hai apko???
Kisi or ke blog par Thank You chaiye.. hain?? o_O

Mere blog me to na jaise kaante lag rae hain.. khud to kbi aana ni hota Or agar bache idhar udhar se connection banane ki koshish karein to apko credit chaiye!!!! :P


P.S. FIR dekhte ho yar?? fucking awesome types hai.. dekhna jaroor.. :D

Anonymous,  December 11, 2011 at 7:54 AM  

i m not an helpful guy, i try to stay away from all sorts of responsibilities.. but i know people who are helpful always trying to solve problems of others.. i like such people... i guess everyone likes them..

Sakshi December 11, 2011 at 11:25 PM  

OMG, darl, I can't even start on how much I want to know, what is happening in each one's life., or why is x person sad, and what even if I have to go a million degree out of my way can I make him or her better.
But, now, I have consciously stopped this. Whenever the keeda in me tries to jump out, I just ignore the urge and try to mind my own business.
Yes there are certain people for whose help, even if they say No, I will help.
But, abhi jagat helper nako nako!! You get hurt and then your help is not even counted!!

Neha December 12, 2011 at 3:39 PM  

Its always gud to be there for the people when they need you the most but then this feeling should be reciprocative , and sadly it is not. It's like " Neki kar dariya me daal" .

Visited your blog after a long time, earlier hen i tried to it was password protected.Happy to read you again :)

Rià December 12, 2011 at 6:07 PM  

I used to be that way...but not anymore, I think abt myself more these days and i think thats wise.

Me December 14, 2011 at 6:46 PM  

@Arpit
Mera bhi yehi haal hain... I shud work in a NGO or something I think :P

hehehehe... I thought u stopped blogging.. hawwwwwwwwwwwwwww :O

And I do watch FIR.. what is the matter is the? start karo generator is the!


@adayinthelifeofindia
hmmm.. i know people like u too :) mostly guys. *joking*


@Sakshi
I will try controlling this keeda too... :s ab tak toh hua nahi

@Neha
You are oh-so-right!
Pleasure is all mine.

@Ria
Yeah! probably that is.. mere ko akal kab aayegi? :P

phatichar December 15, 2011 at 7:39 PM  

Oh yes, happens - many times :)

Oh btw, you write really well - articulate. :)

Nidz December 18, 2011 at 12:33 PM  

Do everything you can but just dont lose ur self respect. Once its lost u wont have anything left

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital