What a Dirty picture!!

Like most of us, I was not aware of Silk too much until the "Dirty Picture" talk happened and I was not aware of the extent of a certain Ms. Balan's conviction even...

I am a Vidya Balan fan... more so coz I have always been on the underdog's side . That is just me. I found her sultry even in Parineeta, the innocence and raw sex appeal is so evident when she "marries" Saif in the movie.

She has been written off so many times, because she could not give them enough 'glamor' and could not promote international designers on the red carpet like other current heroines (I won't bother calling them actors, coz most of them are not). But she stood her ground and brought the curvy Indian woman back to Hindi movies.

She was oozing sensuality in "Ishqiya" sans make-up, wearing seedha-pallus all through the movies. She is one of those very few women, who don't need to have washboard abs to be accepted by the masses. 

and.. who would have the guts to show-off a paunch so uninhibitedly .. I think no Kareena Kapoor or Deepika would do it, for that matter...  Being a woman, and important to mention here : a heterosexual woman :P , I was so proud of the way she gave her all to this movie. Her in-ur face brutal honesty as an actress is beyond words in this movie.

This movie introduced us to a super-confident and comfortable-in-her-own-skin Vidya...Also, the most amazing part of the movie is when Silk decides to end her life... you don't feel sorry for her then... coz you know that her silence is screaming it aloud "Dear world, you don't deserve me anymore. Hence, I devoid you of my charisma, my beauty and my zeal to live. I am not dying, I am snatching myself away from you"

Thank you, Vidya Balan.. for bringing the Indian woman and most importantly Silk back...in our movies, in our lives :)

I recommend this movie for every woman...you will feel more proud and beautiful about being a woman. It is no way derogatory to any woman, it just shows the fearless and reckless spirit of a woman who went against all odds to claim what was hers...while people were busy pulling her down.

Mast Raho, Dilchasp Raho!

6 comments:

Zeba December 7, 2011 at 1:49 AM  

Ah. NOW I want to watch this movie. Always been a great fan of Vidya. She was a delight in Parineeta. And Ishkiya as well.

Rià December 7, 2011 at 5:18 PM  

Yes yes and yes....u hav said it all!! Vidya Balan in all her splendor, I have always loved her performances. This should be enuff to shut the mouth of the critics.

Me December 7, 2011 at 6:53 PM  

@Zeba
:) tell me how u like it then..

@Ria
hell yeah!

Punkster December 8, 2011 at 5:38 AM  

Saw the movie. Was so glad it was much beyond what was expected. Explored an emotional perspective of the situation. Loved it.

Richa December 8, 2011 at 1:08 PM  

Still to watch. But I will.
:)

Me December 8, 2011 at 4:38 PM  

@Punky
Me too loved it..

@Richa
MUST... BTW, I have nt seen Rockstar yet.. I so badly wanna.. temme wen I can.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital