Happiness = 'Pick and Choose'

Yep! that's true. We have tonnes of happiness around us. It is like that "Pick and Choose" thing we did in school, you choose what you want to,  from this basket of life. Sounds crazy?? Think about it. 

Sometimes I feel we are all selling ourselves to an audience. Of course, we all have a not-so-happening life, a bag full of sad stories and some interesting set of people to hear us share our agony.  

A couple of months back while I was comfortably rowing my 'boat of sadness', I had that sudden moment of realization. What did I become? I looked at happy people around me and started envying them secretly. I started thinking "Wow! so everyone has an awesome life except me. She is getting married. He got a promotion. Blah! Blah! has all the happiness". It feels so stupid right now.

A friend-turned-foe-turned-friend once told me "When you stop taking charge of your life, God hits you so hard that you have no choice but to TAKE CHARGE and fix it". She always said "Don't wait for that moment. It will get nasty by then. Fix it NOW" and I waited... I never seem to listen to people, though I THINK I listen to them.What I learnt in past 28 years of my life is : unless YOU want to do something about your present, no amount of pursuing is going to help.

If we look closer, nothing is amiss. Why do we want to be happy ONLY about things in our lives? I mean, why can't we be happy coz let's say one of our friends got a promotion, someone we adore is going the family way or just coz our loved ones are happy. I donno when "happiness" turned into this selfish bitch. Why are we so stuck up on MY happiness, MY smile, MY promotion, MY love-life, MY kids? Last I heard, happiness was meant to be shared. Well, *shrugs* guess the world has changed.

That makes me wonder, if my mom thought about HER happiness, I would not have been here. Of course, that would have been good for some of you people in my life, for whom I am nothing but TROUBLE ;)... but again, I think we made happiness and sadness too important and selfish in this whole process of growing up.

Your best friend is pregnant? be happy.. what if, you are still fighting out with your husband ;) Your sibling graduated?  be happy.. what if, you are still struggling at your job... It rained? be happy... what if u forgot your umbrella at home..  It is just about what you "Pick and Choose", in theory and in practice.

I am not countering the "Happiness is inside you" thing, but all that I am saying is you gotta choose. That's it. Be it a relationship or a job, don't overlook the happy stuff for the sad one. Coz, what makes life wonderful is the fact that it is NOT perfect.

Mast raho, Dilchasp raho!

8 comments:

Richa December 2, 2011 at 7:13 PM  

Also, LOU the new template!

Anwesa December 3, 2011 at 5:01 PM  

Mast post hai :) Will bookmark this now :D

Sakshi December 3, 2011 at 10:05 PM  

You know, you are right. And after the advent of FB and social networking, it is as if the whole world is trying to show off their happiness to you when your life is a mess.
I know, how miserable I had become. And it was then, a friend *thank god for them* told me that you have to be happy and positive about life.. because if you are not, then there is no way life can happen for you.
And even though, I have the bouts of 'My life is a mess'.. I consciously make a decision to count my blessings and happiness.. and make sure life happiness for me :)

Thanks for this post! :)

Rià December 5, 2011 at 8:08 PM  

Lovely post...and nice template. :) And Sakshi said exactly what I wud have said here.

Jack December 6, 2011 at 2:58 PM  

Me,

Read 2 posts now. One is as old as one feels in mind. Not that I should behave like 2 years old but I can always feel I am 66 years young. Weight does matter, so one has to watch it. Happiness is in your hands, this is what I wrote in one of my posts. We in our daily rush forget to see small things which lead to happiness. We need to have proper focus on life, make efforts to achieve what we want to but take results, whatever be it, with a smile. If you can be happy when someone has something to be happy about, it will automatically ensure that happiness never leaves you. We all have ups and downs but must remember if good times pass so will the bad ones too. Both posts are very good and motivating.

Take care

Me December 7, 2011 at 6:52 PM  

@Richa

Thaaankoo

@Anwesa
:) umm hmm

@sakshi
trust me, we have all been there once.. and we are all here now :P

@Ria
Thank u :)

@Jack
Thanks. I loved the comment. Shall follow what you said there.

Neha December 12, 2011 at 3:43 PM  

Loved the line "When you stop taking charge of your life, God hits you so hard that you have no choice but to TAKE CHARGE and fix it"
Really nice post!

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital