The Unknown Perfect

Love is all around me...that reminds me of Billy Mack when he strives hard to get it right in Love Actually "I feel it in my fingers..."....haha... that is my most favourite scene of the movie apart from ofcourse the romantic scenes. :)
This phrase takes me back to the time when everyone around me was falling in love and I was busy reading Mills n Boons. Naah! before you reach any conclusions, I was not spinning an imaginary love story around me....lol. I was just too fascinated with the perfect love stories and perfect people.

As I grew up, I realized there are no perfect people and no perfect love stories. It is all about how you see perfection in the most imperfect situations and people and they turn out to be in your favour.

"How can a person spend his/her whole life with one person and not get bored of it? I get bored of people so easily." : I used to ask my mom as a teenager when we discussed marriage and love (Not that I have changed now...lol). Her initial reaction made me think that she was shocked that how cud GOD do THAT to her, give her a daughter like me... hehe. Gradually, she realized I am not THAT bad. :D

I still ask myself this question but then I see people around me who are not some romantic characters straight out of movies like HEER RANJHA or ROMEO JULIET but they are very ordinary people but the way they live their lives together makes them special.

I believe that near-to-perfect love stories do exist and they exist in this very very ordinary world we live in but we fail to notice them.You just need to open your eyes to them.

When I see Dad getting up early to fix breakfast for Mom as she is the first one to leave for work or when I see Mom going that extra-mile to make sure Dad is comfortable and he has something to eat even when she is away, I ask myself " Will I ever be able to love someone this deep, this strong?".

When I see my best friend giving up on her taste of movies and try n learn more about sports coz she wants to be a part of her husband's happiness and his enthusiasm for sports I tell myself "This is how you love" and when her husband takes her out for movies even when he hates to go thru the sobbing romances, I smile to myself.

When I witness my maid working hard so she cud pay for her husband's medical bills and when she makes plans to cook something really special every Sunday for him, I feel so touched. Their love is not influenced by money or materialism, it is pure love.

In their own special way, they love their partners and they sacrifice, adapt and sometime do not express, yet their love-stories never get penned down by anyone and published.

Although my MB addiction is not going to end soon, but I wonder when I have so much love around me, who needs MBs...!! ;)

I donno why I wrote this one... waisey bhi I hardly ever know why I write what I write... Just a sudden thought today made me realize I live amongst people who define love so PERFECTLY. I feel blessed I have them around me, coz they keep my faith in love intact. :)

DAMN! Almost all the guys wud have gone to sleep by now reading this.LOL No Apologies, guys. ;)

35 comments:

Anonymous,  April 22, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

If I had written the post, the answer would be "I am in search"

Me April 22, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

:) I know.. I know.. the search will end somewhere soon. All the best.

peter April 22, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

I am Awake :)
and i survived while I was reading :P :P

Your points reminded me so many romantic movies but the one which i saw recently. I was thinking bout that movie, called NOTEBOOK.

Watch it in case u haven't :D

Me April 22, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

@Peter
Hehe... U did it ;) chal tuney dosti nibhaa di yeh padd key... :D

I will watch this movie definitely.. harr baar thodi si hi dekh paayi...

Arv April 22, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

In those little things lies such great happiness :)

Anwesa April 22, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

after all,imperfect says-i'm perfect...:D

Lucifer April 22, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

u cant know love unless u feel it...n then u wanna feel it again n again n again...u like d butterflies in ur tummy...n those skipped beats r where memories r stored...those shy glances n dat jittery feelin...d words which wudnt come out...sigh!!! its such a beautiful feelin...

n don't worry ek din sabka katega :)
so wait for ur day :)

Me April 22, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

@ Anwesa
Aha! yeh baat...

Me April 22, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

@Mayz
Ahem! no one knws how to talk abt love better than you. :)

You won me over with this comment... :P

Waiting... ;) Waiting ;)

Rià April 22, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

Ha ha!!dont worry i was wide awake thruout the post coz i cud so identify with it. :) I hope my love story is a perfect one in the making. Its amazing to share ur life with someone who loves u for who u r.

S.. Diva April 22, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

cute post! atleast no girl would ve fallen asleep :)
i ve read the book notebook, but i felt its depressing

btw me blogs at http://afewstrangethings.blogspot.com/

cheers!
-sneha

Unknown April 22, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

Love is in the air ;)
Nice post!

Unknown April 22, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

Love is in the air ;)
Nice post!

Sandeep Balan April 23, 2009 at 5:13 AM  

I can't say about the others of my species...but i am wide awake...he he...n if the post was intended to make us sleep..the song for sure made sure that you jump in your seat and notice...*rubs his eyes. looks around. Where am I?*

he he he he...love is all you need...nothing you can see....so true!

Anonymous,  April 23, 2009 at 7:13 AM  

Hey I liked it :)
Perfect love is hard to find and so hard to give too!

zirelda April 23, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

What a neat post. But then you always write wonderful posts Harshita.

My mother and I were talking about love today. She made a good point. There wouldn't be as many divorces if people looked at love the way you are. Instead of how can he make me happy it should be how can I make them happy. But it should also be noted that a body has to be happy inside of themselves before they can make anyone else happy. :)

Hugs!

Pallav April 23, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

oye....who told u...
ki mudey so jaangey...
koi nahi sutta....

hehehhe... M..they r such a .....
:) Cute...

I knw their love.. n i think u r right...
sometime these small things gv simles on our faces..
all ths needs a realization towards each other..

Pallav :)

Arnab Majumdar April 23, 2009 at 2:33 PM  

Very well written there... although, and now that you think that the ordinary people have the most extraodinary love stories, why don't you pen down their stories yourself? Think about it...

Enjoyed the post, cheers...

Me April 23, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

@ Ria
Thank God. You didnt sleep but then you are not a guy either :D
Wish you all the best for you perfect love story.

Me April 23, 2009 at 4:38 PM  

@Sneha
Thanks... ;) I know... Uhuh! I am yet to read it.

Me April 23, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

@akanksha...

Yeah try smelling it :)

Me April 23, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

@ Sandeep
Thanks for not sleeping at all...LOL

Ahem! I love the song... isnt it energizing??

Me April 23, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

@Zirelda
Thanks for being so kind to me. Yes,Moms are always right. They have seen more of like than us and I agree with her completely.

Me April 23, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

@Pallav
:) Tu nahi sutta.. vadiya hain..

Me April 23, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

@Arnab
Thanks. Oh! I am not too good with writing stories... Although I have many to share... :) This is strictly a deptt for people like you, who makes every story worth reading.

Richa April 23, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

arrey yaar i think we'll know when we fall in love :D

dekhte hain kya banega apna :P

Me April 23, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

;) haha.. dekhengey! dekhengey!

Arnab Majumdar April 23, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

Well, in that case... permission to write a story based on this please?? :P Might take some time though, got my exams coming up from Monday, which is why I haven't been that regular in the blogging circles as well...

Cheers, and hope to recieve a reply regarding the offer :)

Me April 23, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

@Arnab
Your wish is my command!! ANYTIME... Go ahead and pen it :) I will be eagerly waiting for it to come up on ur blog.

Me April 23, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

@Nanhi Pari
Thankoo :)

Mahesh Sindbandge April 25, 2009 at 2:28 AM  

Hmmmm main to itni raat ko aapka post pad raha hoon, phir bhi nahi soya...
today's guys are not so bad madam, atleast blogging karne wale to bilkul nahi....

This peace of post was refreshing one...
kuch yaadein tazaa ho gayi...:)

Overall a good post..full marks..:p

vist mine once..:) :P

Cheers...:)

Deepti August 18, 2009 at 5:12 PM  

:)..i'l quote something here...one day in this groom hunting process for me..my dad very candidly asked, achcha bata tu humari married life ko successful maanti hai; i not being in a very nice mood, and recalling all the MAJOR fights i have seen b/w them...said" no comments"..papa ne apni trade mark hansi hans ke..baat ko aaya gaya kiya....

its just one year since this incident happened....and in my grrom hunting process i now realise...how lucky they are to have each other...

i have no option but to believe in love when i see my dad still buying all my mum's clothes..this is like after 29 yrs of marriage, he knows what color suits her best and invariably ends up choosing all her sarees/ suits..:), needless to say my mum's always content with his choice...

whenever i buy some new clothes/ cosmetics for myself..my dad is always "tu apni mummy ke liye nahi laayi"...:))

I just wish i am blessed with similar kind of love in my life..:))

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital