Gotta LIVE before I die...

For those who are expecting it to be a fun-post...naah! it is not...so if you are already depressed or sad, dont read this one... I dont want to be blamed for your Monday Blues....
Sometimes there are things that happen and make you sit back in silence and reflect over your life. There is another death in the family after February when my Tauji, my dad's cousin passed away. This time, its my dad's older-cousin's wife.
The family is in shock and completely taken aback with the twists God has provided. Two losses in a family in just 4 months is a tragedy one can hardly get over.
Just like Abhinav, I am also hesitant to approach people who are in grief. I donno how to tell them that "Everythingz gonna be alrite" when I know that nothing is and will be alrite after someone they loved, left them forever. How do I face them?? I donno. I avoid such places but I donno for how long. Mom says till you are not married its okay but once the responsibility falls upon your shoulder, you can't shy away from attending funerals or condolences. :(
How we wish that nothing bad should happen to our loved ones and such incidents fill you with fear for your family... at least it does that for me.
Some people are so insensitive...I informed my colleague abt this and she said ignorantly, not even acknowledging my grief "So when are you back to work? I have to assign the work to you as I am going on leave for my marriage". I asked her " Did you read what I typed?". She said "Yes. That is why I am asking you, I need to email the manager that you will do my share of work when I am away".
I wanted to jump out of the chat window and smash her face right there... A mere "Sorry" or " Wish you peace at heart" would have made me feel better but well, in this professional era, you cannot expect people to have any sensitivity. Funda is " everyday someone dies, work can never wait".
I wonder, I work for such people, I work WITH such people... Daah! Creepy souls..
Now,I sit back and reflect."Have I LIVED my life all these years??"... The answer without any more thinking is "NO". I used to LIVE my life till few years back... but I have been mechanically pushing myself in and out of troubles and happiness. All I think about is WORK... Even when I am chatting with my friends, listening to my mom talk about my marriage or her skool or anything like that, I keep thinking about my work at the back of my mind.
I am spoilt with the burden of responsibilites(not pushed on me by anyone), the urge to make money for a secure future, the compulsion to live upto others' expectations and I have lost my urge to dream and work towards my dream somewhere mid-way.
I have lost the enthusiasm I once had that said "I am gonna make my dreams come true". My dreams are on a backburner now and the reality of life is staring at me obscenely and I have no choice but to smile back at it.
It is in a way good to know that I still feel real and I still know where am I wrong and I have not yet joined the league of some mechanical people who live like machines and one day they create a void of feelings... a void they're never able to fill.
I want to live every moment I missed on. Today, I think more than any deadlines and performance reviews, I want to work towards MY life and MY dreams. Because its never too late to live your dreams and I am going to take my first step today in some or the other way. Probably to start with, I will learn to say 'NO'...something I have not said to anyone for a long long time.
I am nervous as hell, I feel guilty too... but I HAVE to LIVE before I DIE... I want to spend time with my family and folks... I just cant let these moments go for work... I really can't...coz time does not wait for anyone... I need to tell the people I love that I love them... I need to make some people feel really special...oh! there is so much to do... and such a short span of time...

20 comments:

The Geekie May 25, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

Ohhh.....my deepest condolences to the family

still i say...everything gonna b alrite with tym

also start living ur life...bcoz as u said...there is so much to do in a short span of time

even i need to think abt it

hugss and tk care friend

Arnab Majumdar May 25, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

My condolences to your family. Things might not be same in future, but I know you guys would be alright. You've got each other, and that matters a lot...

Don't forget to live life, even for a moment. After all, you really just have but one life.

Cheers... :)

U can call me your attorney May 25, 2009 at 12:19 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
U can call me your attorney May 25, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

My deepfelt condolences to you,bt time has to movie on and we have no choice but to drag ourselves along....however there is also a flip side to it-
if time doesnt wait for u, dont worry!..... just remove the damn battery from the clock and enjoy life.. !! :)
well no one's gonna come and give u space to let u live your life..you have to squeeze and snatch from the world..
well begun is half done..!!atleast u realized it, unlike many

Priya Joyce May 25, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

my heartfelt condolences.to ur family....

kabhi kabhi bhagwaan bhi....sochne mei majboor karta hei .ahhh!!

soch hi toh sakte hei na dear hum :(

and tat colleague she's not worth to be talked aby :x

Anonymous,  May 25, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

Prayers !!!

Anonymous,  May 25, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

lovely post :)

may there be peace...

Arv May 25, 2009 at 6:24 PM  

My prayers are with you and your family...

p.s. ignore such insensitive people... life would be much better without them..

pls take care... cheers...

Anonymous,  May 25, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

when my friend's dad died, i went for the funeral...

he never expected any consoling words... no words can console him anyways.. it was a loss that no one could repay...

but just being there, holding his hand, giving a shoulder surely helps..take care harshitha...

time will pass...

Illeen May 25, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

My condolences..u shall tide over these times.
please take care!

AB May 25, 2009 at 8:58 PM  

I have lost the enthusiasm I once had that said "I am gonna make my dreams come true". huh! Life cannot go like we want it to go. Can it be? When we least expect, something bad happens. When we expect a lot, nothing good happens. Vice-versa is also true but rarely. I am not the right person to say you this but the line above in italics need to be changed, I guess. I hope it will be changed the next time you write. I have now learned that even a slightest care shown can mean a lot. Please take care!

Forget about the quality of the post, do we care? I felt something reading this! I felt something!

Take care! (Try to) Keep smiling!

Abhinav

Lucifer May 25, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

may her soul rest in peace...no words can do jutice to d feelings at this time

jus a silent prayer

Phoenix May 25, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

:( may she rest in peace....

im sorry i called you that day at such a bad time :( really the timing was all wrong.. it was such a grave moment.. and i went on babling..really sorry...

punch your colleague when you meet her and inform her groom what a sensensitive wife he is about to get !!

and guess what? i finally learned to say NO and think about MY life and MY wants.. it is a beginning but it gives and awesome feeling :) try it out..

mwuaah mwuaah!!

*Hugs*

Anonymous,  May 26, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

God will take care of your family in such a time.

And yeah, go cherish every momenr! They'll never come back!

Anonymous,  May 26, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

I am sorry to hear about the tragedy in your family.Just be strong and have faith in God.

Rià May 26, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

Take care sweets. My heartfelt condolences for ur family. I cant believe there can b such insensitive ppl. Anyways, u tc and yes wht u hav written about living up life is very true!

Sneha Shrivastava May 26, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

My prayers are with you and your family harshita,

Take care dear.

I can understand the pain, log kehtey hai time is a healer but i think esa hota nahi hai.....

lots of love and hugs

Sneha

peter May 27, 2009 at 12:15 AM  

May her soul rest in peace and you get back to normal as soon as possible.
I don't knw wat to say else.
You just try being ok and take cr :)

Mads May 27, 2009 at 3:32 AM  

Prayers with u and ur family.
and its true, that we all are burdened by jobs and the urge to earn money for our family, and then settle down with our own family etc. is there, but ur right, we shudnt forget we live for ourselves first and then for others.
take care n hugs >:D< :)

Me May 27, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

Thanks all for your kind words and support.

I think I need to accept this as a truth of life but everytime something like this happens... it makes me really sad and I lose track of everything around me.

Thanks for being so wonderful to me even when we are only virtual dosts... :)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital