HEROES

Hey Guyz, from now on, I thought I will do something interesting like requesting people who influenced my life to do guest posts once in a while on my blog under the HEROES post title. This post is by my best friend - Pallav. The way he changed his life by taking a stand, is an inspiration for me. His story is awesome. :) - Harshita

Thanks Harshita for giving me this opportunity to write a guest post on your blog. I think I am overwhelmed, feted and honored with your this gesture. Harshita always askedme to share my story with everyone in blogosphere... So here I go...

It is not easy for any individual to face all the uncertainty of his life. But there are few things which are in one’s own hands. This post probably will not interest you, perhaps you'll think of it as a lie, but I m gonna share with you all, my life's biggest achievement.

I used to weigharound 130-140 kg, I know how tough it was for me to carry myself, but still I used to walk very confidently. People who are close to me always used to tell me to reduce my weight but at the same time they also said,"You are a very confident and smart boy" and that quality turned my fatness into smartness. Nevertheless, I used to think why they all are after my life, wherever I go people use to gaze at me, their eyes were always on me, they used to give me advises….that you should run….. do yoga……. "Beta morning walk kiya karo"……. why don’t u join VLCC….. Why don’t u contact a doctor…… why don’t you visit naturopathy clinics…. why don’t you do something…….. You know how many diseases you can have from obesity….. n… blah blah blah….

Height of this, was when the rickshaw-walahs use to make fun of me n deny to carry me or else they would ask for extra charges .I was very irritated and frustrated, I used to think if I m a weird human or some alien on this earth. How painful it cud be for any Fatty person only I can understand! Why don’t we accept this fact they don’t want to be fatty, it’s actually their body type which makes them fatty??

Anyways... I spent my 22 years with all this.. n I was living happily and lively...until one day when I was doing my summer training, I realized that I have ample of time in morning, and I should do something and I started going for a walk. I started with 3 km walk and extended that into 6 km within 5 days. It was very awful and painful for initial days but after wards I started enjoying that. I used to sleep for 4 hours in a day as my summer training, most of the work I had to complete from home itself.

I had also started with my evening walk and restricted myself for 5 km in evening because I didn’t have that energy. Within a month people started appreciating…. I got motivated and started working harder …….

After Four months I was 90kg….. n I was feeling out of this world.. now wherever I go people cannot make out..That this is me… they all talk about me….. Some really appreciate and revalue my spirit and hard work, they talk about my dedication, they give examples to many and I too think that yes, I have set an example for others, those who think, they cannot do….I can assure them they can…. If I can do, then anybody can do.

I have not taken any medicine, no medical help, and no trainer…..nothing…. its just Walking and Exercising that helped me shed so many kilos. I shared my story so I can motivate others also to take charge of their lives and give it back to the people who pull you down. :)

And you know our society there r people who cannot leave you at any cost……. some say I joined some VLCC….Some say….I had taken some ayurvedic medicine… n height was when somebody said that I had gone for a surgery to rid off from fat..eariler I used to feel bad but then I started ignoring their comments…..

Now I start my day at 4:45 am, go for swimming, comeback by 6:45 am, leave home at 7:45 for office, comeback at 6:15 pm and then move for Gym at 6:30 pm, comeback at 9:00-9:30 pm depending upon the execises… now I weigh around 83.5 kg…I don’t know why I m not able to reduce further this is something which I m facing from last 6 month and I m not happy with my weight… hope I will shed more weight…

But all I wanna say here is "THE CHANGE IS IN YOUR HANDS, THE DAY YOU DECIDE THAT YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE, YOU CAN".

Few Lines about Harshita

I think she is one of the best persons I hv ever seen in my life after my mother. If I am in any trouble, I always look up to her.. she always consoles me and helps me out of anything.. she is always there for everyone….. n I think this is the best part of her… sometimes in relation you have to be bit understanding.. Sometimes you need not say... the other person who knows you, can make out what is wrong.. n she….she is exactly like this..I m quite fortunate that I got a good and bestest Friend and Sister in one package from god.Thanks a zillion for whatever you have done for me… I think these words r less to explain my feelings.. n respect which I have for u…Thank u so much…

PALLAV

P.S. (From Harshita) : Ignore all the lines about me... Yeh Ladka Thoda Sa Pagal Hain... ;) Batao, post ko aur long kar diya...yeh likh key... :P

43 comments:

Richa May 20, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

wow Pallav. u r a hero really.. hats off to u!! i know how does it feel when ppl taunt about being overweight, I have myself faced the scenes.. but shedding off weight on ur own is real brave thing :)

peter May 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

Yeh HEROES series ka main bahut bada fan hun ...sab k powers mast hain par jokes apart ...yeh concept dhansu hai and pallav ka hard work appreciable hai. I look at his pic and i can't imagine him wieghing over even 90 :O

good motivating post :D

Anwesa May 20, 2009 at 6:24 PM  

it was a motivator Pallav!i'm glad to have read this.thanx Harshita 4 dis wonderful guest post.

Yamini Meduri May 20, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

Wow Pallav...you are defly one best friend to have...!!!

And your story was truly inspiring....esp to someone like me...who is centre of jokes since my childhood...but i dont know why, i never felt bad..the other way i enjoy their comments...!! But after reading you i decided what i can do..!!!

I walk everyday but may be i dint reduce any weight...i dint check...i was least bothered...but no more..!!!

Thanks Pallav and Harshita...thanks a ton to both of you..!!

Anonymous,  May 20, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

Hey! This is the first time I'm reading your blog and I have to agree this is an extremely motivating post from an extremely dedicated person. About going below 83.5 kg, don't stress about it. 83.5 is quite normal for a guy- and I'm sure quite a bit of that is muscle! It's not about being 'skinny', or proving it to someone else. In the end, it's about being healthy, and you are definitely already there. Congrats :)

Anonymous,  May 20, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

Are 'pathaks' punjabi?
anyways, grt going thr pallav...sab ki bolti band kar di.

Nidz May 20, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

hey pallav tht was actually motivating see i already started on my exercise( Physio) hehe :D

Mahesh Sindbandge May 20, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

@Harshita...

Its a good attempt of yours to take this initiative...

I am glad pallav is the first guy to write about himself..

@Pallav

Dude....I don't have words for you..:)
Hardwaork ki to chindiya kardi tumne....

Good buddy...:)
Agar before-change and after-change photos share karte to baat ban jati..:P

Cheers....

@Harshita

Take sometime and visit my blog....:P
I have been waiting for your visit...:)

AB May 20, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

Wow man! seriously inspiring!!!!
Losing so much weight is an achievement!!!
Hats off..!


Kal subah se main bhi wapas morning walk! I am 70 btw..! +2 Kgs as per my BMI.. mera kitna kam hojayega?? (thoda majaak toh chalta hai! :p)

All the best for your future mate!!!

Lucifer May 20, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

wow pallav!!! that is awesome!!! u certainly motivated me man

Anya May 20, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

now pallav thats indeed a record of sorts...

u watch the biggest loser on star world?

gimme some ideas on how to put on weight.. me need to put some weight so badly

chriz

Phoenix May 20, 2009 at 9:28 PM  

:O

now i am feeling ashamed... i always say i try but in actuality i never do...i always have an excuse to cover why i didnt work out... but now i have to do some really serious thinking...


thank you for the revelation! its good you did.. for it inspired me to work hard... :)

Priya Joyce May 20, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

that was so so motivatin...this reely proves that our will and wish is the most important :)
:)
u reely reely hav inspired me..

Rià May 20, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

Really gr8 post!!very inspiring indeed. :)

Illeen May 20, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

Kudos to you Pallav for the resolve you have shown.I guess even I should start exercising.I just keep quitting it mid way.

Unknown May 20, 2009 at 11:48 PM  

Amazing! I have such an example in my extended family too! Dedication is all that matters!
Kudos to u , Pallav:)

Pallav May 21, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

Richa
Its not that i m so called hero n i m very brave..its just thtwe hv to realise..
the realization is very important..
i m delighted to see ur comment.

Pallav May 21, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

Peter
thanks for the lovely words n comment,,
the pic u hv seen those were a year before...

Thank u so much...

Pallav May 21, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

Anwesha
thank u..
i was always scared to share ths..
its bcz of harshita, i wrote ths...

Pallav May 21, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

Yamini..
u shld not atke those comment on heart.. n if one day if u feel now its enough..do something..

love to urself theway u r.. nad try to do smothing for urself..
u will love it more..that my promise..
its not necessary tht somebdy has done it.. so i also have to do... no.... u decide whether u want to do or not..
otherwise..ur all efforts will be waste

Pallav

Pallav May 21, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

foreigndesi
Ya i agree..with ur point but u knw the human nature.. whtever we get.. we desire to get more..
as per my BMI i m still overweight n has to reduce more...
even my family thinks the same as u think..
anyways.. thanks for the comment..
n wud promise u.. For harshita blog.... she will never disappoint u.. once u read her blog...

Pallav May 21, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

Abhisheksardar
Yes i m punjabi.. n Pathaks are punjabi too....

thank u.. its not sabki bolti band kar di.. its tht i hv done something for myself..

Pallav May 21, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

Nidzzi
i m sure u gonna rock ur Ohsio..
May god Bless u...

Pallav May 21, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

Mahesh
Thanks... ya i too think... but... its okay..
For Photo.. unfortunately they r so bad.. that u cannot see...bcz of poor visiblity.. n there r very few bcz my face is not photogenic.. so actually i always restrict myself for photos.

there r few video..only i hv...

Sorry

Pallav May 21, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

Abhinav
Try to walk for 4 km daily.. for a week i m sure u gonna lose

Arv May 21, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

Nice post Pallav... take care... cheers...

Pallav May 21, 2009 at 10:31 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pallav May 21, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

Chronicwriter
thank u so much...
nopes i hv not seen
i hope u can understand after reading.. tht i dont get time for all ths...

ya sure i will paka mail u... for putting up weight..
u do one thing why dnt u come n saty at my house..we punjabis had rich food.. mean oily... food
hehehe... :)

Pallav May 21, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

Phoenix
no need to be...
its just tht what we want..
i m sure u gonna do something fruitful
soon...

All the best

Pallav May 21, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

Yes Priya..
will n wish can do wonders...
Thanks

Pallav May 21, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

Illeen
i m sure u will
thanks n all the best..

Pallav May 21, 2009 at 10:43 AM  

Akansha..
thank u so much..
Have great day

Pallav May 21, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

Dear All
i m really thankful to you for ur lovely comments n warm words.

i must tell you... that we as an human can do anything.. i think for us impossible word doesnot exist..
but please note never ever pass any comment to anybdy.. i can only tell you how it feel...

nobody wants to be fatty...

cheers :)
Pallav

Anonymous,  May 21, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

This, Harshita, is a FABULOUS idea and what a start! Hats off to Pallav! :D

Amritorupa Kanjilal May 21, 2009 at 6:33 PM  

harshita, are you paying people to write good stuff about u? if you are, i am game...

Me May 21, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

@Little Girl Lost

hahaha... ;)

No, this is all coming to me free-of-cost :D :D

See, its easy... I threaten people... and scare them... and they write gud things abt me...darr ke maarey!! yay! yay!

Waisey this post was abt Pallav... not me ;)

Anonymous,  May 22, 2009 at 5:50 AM  

Very inspiring post. Nice blog you have here.

Pallav May 22, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

Little Girl Lost
Jee NO.....
hehehhe...
she has not payed me anythng till now.. the payment is due..

hehehe.....
no its not like that seriously its a fact tht she is like that....

Harshita..oye main tujse darta nahi hoon.......
hehehehe....

sachi main dar gya ..

Pallav

Mads May 27, 2009 at 3:25 AM  

i loved this post :) not followed much of pallav's posts but now i promise to follow his blog regularly....
too great, and awesome work. really motivational, and something which everyone can look up to in some way or the other.
lovely :)
and lines abt hershey are too cute :D

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital