Travel, Work,Racism and ofcourse THE ME!! ;)

I open my Astro just like that on TOI side window and it says- You will feel a little depressed today and I am like "tell me about it".I am not well today and I was all ready for office when I realised am not well enuff to catch that train, walk those miles, so I stayed back and I donno if I did the right thing. I have one business meeting, one lunch meeting and a team dinner tonite and not going to office means skipping on all the interaction but then I am not interested in making friendships here. I just wanna do my stuff here and go back home to my ever-so wonderful family and my dogs. :) Okay! so about travel, here is a quick summary : As I always say, the worst part of a journey away from home is not the journey frm the home airport to another airport,It is the trip that you make from your home(with your family) to the home airport to catch you flight. It makes me feel sick. I travel a lot for the women of my age (that's Bridget Jones effect, Okay!) but everytime I go away frm home, its a tuff thing. I always insist that I take a cab frm my place to the airport which is 2hrs away but Dad believes in the family ritual of dropping us at the airport.I LOVE HIM for that n for a couple of other things too. *giggles* But, the time spent in the car till you reach the airport is dreadful. I kept imagining how I will get down and look back and wave to mom. I felt sick, nervous and everything but more than that I had an urge to pee. Shit!! The pee-rablem comes again so we stopped at some random hotel on the way to gurgaon...hehe... I ran inside,smling at the reception, used the loo, thanked and ran back. By now, I have mastered the art. Can't help till Indian govt comes up with good public toilets for women. Anyways, I was doing everything mechanically till I boarded my plane as if I was programmed. I did not look back once I stood in the departure queue coz I did not want to say bye to mom. So I really don't remember how and when I boarded my plane, whom I called, what I said. I did everything in daze may be. So, I slept with my mouth wide open in the plane till we reached Amsterdam, and its a beautiful place, it was soooo cold and I was wearing a tshirt,capri and chappals(most comfy for long travel). I shrieked wen we got off the plane, it was so cold. Anyways, next thing I know, I dropped my handbag first on a co-pasenger's foot and later while boarding the other flight on the ground-staff's foot. hahaha... I cant help but fumble up stuff... :D that's me. Reached Leeds Airport and found that my cabbie lost me and I lost him. Waited for him in the parking (which btw means that I had to carry 33Kgs of luggage downslope and upwards again). It was sick, my back hurts even now. Finally he called me and he was a GORA, kinda relief. I did not want any Pakistani or Indian cabbie for the reason that I did not want to strike a conversation, I was too tired. But the GORA, did talk a lot. I faked sleep. :) I could see everyone at the airport, in the plane and the lounge staring at my novel which was Bridget Jones' Diary. They might be secretly feeling sorry for me. :D :D Anyways, it was so cold, my nose started bleeding inside...damn! all the woollens are worth trash so shopped hard for some gud stuff here... still shopping... The place is good except that it is freakingly cold and it rains whenever rain gods plan a manicure. ;) Donno!! Got drenched yesterday so paying the price by staying home today. Workplace sucks like everyone's work place. Some gross people playing politics so me minding my own business and doing what I want to...Not interested in coming back here again , atleast not for work. BTW, the place is good for shopping... retail therapy is the mantra for a depressing day. Aur kya? haan... I faced racism too... A drug-addict sorta, chin,ear,eyebrow pierced woman and me were abt to take opposiute tray table seats in the train, when she made a sick face and looked at me... like Huh! Bitch how can u sit here? but I smiled back and kept my stuff there. She picked all her stuff and looked back at me, made a bad face again and sat in another row. I was like "Cool, Bitch I have the full seat to me, you go suck up the back row". :D :D I felt very very humiliated actually. I was dressed completely Indian, head-covered and all and why am stressing on that... well the day I changed my wardrobe to western, I see people passing me off as Brazilian, Filipino, Italian (can u beat that?)... hehe... but no one has looked the same way at me as yet. I dont care anyways... I am off to my churidaars again... :) Okay! that's quiet a long story.. and I managed it coz am grounded... cant check blogs frm office.. so am visiting them all today... Aur yaar.. meri diwali lonely aur boring this.. i cooked maggi and sulked.. .wat did u do?? Arey haan, mainey shopping ki naa diwali pe :D :D Ek warm si jhappi... UK ki bheed mein khud ko dhoondti huyee... Aapki Harshita *wah wah*

29 comments:

AB October 21, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

Hu hu hahahahaha!

yeh kya aur kyu tha?
hehe pata nahi!

That girl in the train might have been pissed off because of some other reasons! One of them being that people fear Indians.. because of the always fresh chirpy mood and the glow of happiness we people emit..!! ( :-| )

anyways.. maje karo UK main.. ho sake toh ek company open karlena waha pe.. East England Company k naam se!

(itna ajeeb comment?)
Nervous keyboard!

Ramit Grover October 21, 2009 at 7:20 PM  

Oh poor you. Maggi on Diwali? That's not fun. (I've had it worse last Diwali) Racism is everywhere, a smile helps a lot. That was a good move. And churidars are the best aren't they? 33 kgs isn't too much for a girl's luggage ;) Take care and keep writing, for our sake please :-)

Ramit Grover October 21, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

Hey can we please have the Iktara song back please? I used to leave your blog page open on my comp just to hear that song at times. Pretty please?

Anil Sawan October 21, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

the last line was a master piece :)

Dhanya October 21, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

Harshiii interact more no? When you make some friends, maybe life there will be easier and more bearable. But then again if the people are crappy, don't even bother ;)

Racism exists everywhere... sad but true :(

Big jhappi right back at u :D

Thousif Raza October 21, 2009 at 9:20 PM  

the shayari had me in lolz, but sach me yaar, kya horrible luck hai, you are far from home and aahh, acche logon ke saath yeh kyun hota hai, but not to worry good things happen to good people hai... so it will too (barring the cold that is :P)


and got back to the bitc* hain, nice one hai ji.... doing every girls fav hobby shopping always helps and when i say that, you know that i say it by experiance :P,


sach may yaar, tumne dukh bata aur mere aankh me assu aa gaye, and i am not lying when i say that :), just hope tum jaldi se theek ho jao, aur rock on karo ok, as usual solid post, will be waiting for more ok




take care and keep writing.....

Akansha Agrawal October 21, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

Arrey... big jhappi to you too >:D< >:D< even I am not well :( But chaddo... theek ho jayenge :D

No Indians in office che? :-s You don't have to change your attire for anybody re... :|

Shopping and all, haan... *jealous che* :-w Ho sakta hai racism na bhi ho... hai na? Anyway... most people are nice I suppose. We can ignore the rest waale :D

Maze karo... :D :D

Anwesa October 21, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

i loved d last line of the post...
n i lovd ur post too :) hope u stay well in the GORAland n come bak 2 ur ghar soon...lotsa love. meri diwali acchi thi yaar....

peter October 22, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

Ohh well all the adventures and all the fun, it is annoying once whn u know what to do, even if it's difficult but it's more annoying when u dun know what to do even if the job is easy.

Aish karo naa ..jitney dino k liye ho, I like cold weather :)

Diwali toh badi mast thi meri ..i told u :)

Anonymous,  October 22, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

Akele hai to kya gum hai - The song.
SRK said few years back he will try to build good public toilets for women. Ask whether he said or not And if Yes, The implementation???
He is delhi'ate.

Anonymous,  October 22, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

koi nahi jee, aise losers to har kahi milte hai.

and office politics bhi hoti he. gore ho ya apne desis.

diwali par maggi :)

lol

pardes me staple food hota he yeh :P

Nidz October 22, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

wh wah/ U shud be a writer Harshi .. i mean u r. but officially... I suggested Peter to write a novel too HE started n then lost it.. :|
That was quite a good Doze for updates

Ramit Grover October 22, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

Thanks a ton! I love the Iktara song :-)

Butterfly Thoughts October 22, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

Hmm that was a nice detail of your travel. Celebrated Diwali alone. You reminded me of my mba days when I was alone there for one diwali and all my roommates had gone to their hometowns. Iknow how it feels. So u did lots of shoppingcool. Keep writing and keep having maze. Uk ke bheed me kho mat jaiyega, waapas zarur aaiyega…

Umesh Agarwal October 22, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

nice post...get well soon :)

- Sugar Cube - October 22, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

Hehe! Fantastic!
Fumbling up with stuff..I do that all the time.At airports or in airplanes..I understand how it feels :P

Brazilian, Filipino...wah wah..kya baat hai! :D

Have fun! Stay bubbly ! And keep us updated!

Rohit Dassani October 22, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

I am in office....its sucks too... i mean does all office sucks like these? U have no idea what to do all day long... and when u get work u curse every single person that made you do so!!

You also get good chocolates their... suck up loads of choco and stay fit!!

Abhishek Sardar October 22, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

UK...sahi hai yaar...mai to abhi tak India me hi ghum raha hun...tera egypt wale plan ka kya hua?

Anonymous,  October 22, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

Dost bana lo na thode, life khud hi mast ho jaayegi :D

and aww abt the maggi :( but still, you're doing a great thing :D

Arjun October 23, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

hehehe... good.. :D

Good luck with shopping... care damn abt racists..!! :)

Have a nnice time there with all ur woollen frnds... hehe

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Mahesh Sindbandge October 24, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

I know thats diff part to turn and wave to ur family.
In the last 2 years i learnt it very well :P

racism ka to kuch nahi kiya ja sakta....discussion hi waste hai jab log khud waste ho to :)

KOi baat nahi..agle saal family ke saath mana lena diwali :)

Cheers
Mahesh

Rià October 24, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

i just love the last few lines, despite facing so much u r still smiling. :) U rock gurl, i love ur attitude towards life. *aa ek jhappi meri taraf se* :)

Deepika October 25, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

oyeee u in UK... Kab se?? umm sounds like you are having fun :D...
Travel cool, work cool but racism sucks....
Anyways i know you'll definitely get absorbed in the things around.. tc and good luck.. :)

♪♪Happy Go Lucky♪♪ October 25, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

That sounds like a like from some konkana sen sharma movie!!
Wah!!
:D
Your life does seem better.
I'm so pissed off.
I can't wait to pass out of college. and then ill be like you!!
:D
:D

U can call me your attorney October 25, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

you know what...I am thinkin for further studies in UK...England or Scotland..dunno yet..
isn't it good place kya??????

How rampant is racism n stuff? Shit Im loading your busy routine with my incessant questions which I hope you would understand,are justified :D

Enjoy ur day of bunking and hope ur rest of the time in UK goes well and kudos to retail therapy :)))

Amrita~Ams October 25, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

u ok????barish.,.mai mat..nachna or..or blanket idea...implement kar :P..
baki...dont care abt racist ppl :|

Skeeter October 27, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

Hi Harshita,

Wow, I had no idea that kind of thing would leap out and touch someone that I know. It's awful and strange.

Best wishes,

Skeeter

Americanising Desi October 27, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

hugggiesssssssssssss!!!!
lol

i am having a tummy ache and to top that yougive me so much more.
OUCH!

dont like you :)

i just hope you keep smiling and hopping all the time :)

Deepa Gopal October 28, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

Thats a nice read...

So ur life, I shud say, is pretty exciting at this moment. Travelling thru ups and downs which u'll surely think back and smile after some years from now.

A warm Jhappi to you too:)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital