UK Diaries - Oct 23 2009 -From office

From today onwards I start a new series of posts...They will be random... half-baked...and live most of the time...also no spell checks...no editing... I am calling them UK Diaries... :) So, I am not going to think but when in office, while on the road, while at home...watever comes to my mind...am going to write abt it... and then someday I will look back and laugh n cry abt it... :D So herez the first one in the series...I wrote in office on Oct 23. Sometimes there is no reason and you find yourself smiling at life or at someone u hardly know. Sometimes life just seems so wonderful that you dont see anything but happiness inside out. Sometimes you tend to do things you wud never want to and still smile about it. I donno its coz its a friday or coz I am wearing tht black dress or may be coz I donno, something is there that makes me smile... and here I get an advice as I write this... gimme a break am wearing an off-shoulder and a female in my office from India comes and asks me to pull off the end of the neck coz she thinks its a wardrobe malfunction:D That explains, never wear it when u r with the gang, they will assume its a wardrobe malfunction. Damn! I cant stop laughing about it. Isn't it weird? Wasted my 30 pounds on this top and it turns out that everyone thinks its a wardrobe malfunction... LOL Apart from this funny thing that happened to me right now, morning was funnier I think. I asked my hotel to book a cab for me so I cud reach office in time... and as always I assumed that it will be billed to my credit card. The driver was a Pakistani(or so I assume), does not matter much though, we talked in English only but. So, as I reached office, I took 2 pounds from my bag, gave it to him and he was shocked"No..No..No... Mam! ONLY this??"...I still remember the look on his face and I was like all innocent, "yeah! how much more shud I pay for the tip?". He responds,"No,bill...bill". I was like "Ah! Oh! Okay! You are talking about the bill. Well it will be billed to hotel right?". He said,"Let me ask my boss" and finally I paid him the fare coz hotel messed up. But,khe khe khe... I still cant forget that incident... I mean the look that said "how cud you??"... :D :D haha... wat a beginning to the day? and then I got stuck at the super-secure gates of office so had to call sum1 for the PIN and stuff. And when I reach office, I realised my back was exposed all the while I was walking coz I forgot to pull my sweater down while wearing it in the car... :0 :0 Embarassing that was... But kya karein... ;) So I reach my desk and as soon as I took off my sweater. I cud see THAT look... which means "WTF, you are wearing THIS to office" and till someone came and told me frm Team India that I shud adjust my top, I assumed I was looking gud. Can't believe they dont get the fact that its a one-shoulder top... so itz gotta drop down over the arm on the other shoulder's side. Anyways, all fashion gone down the drain. Am sure, since I have finally brought my umbrella with me today, it will NOT rain. But anytime I forget it, it HAS to rain... No matter if its sunny all the while. Sometimes I get the feeling that God is purposely after me to prove the fact that he DOES control my life. Well, something is seriously wrong somewhere. Imagine I booked a cab yesterday, it turned up, waited for me without calling in and went away and I already told half of the gang that they can accompany me in the cab...hehe... finally i got drenched in the rain and waited for the BUS at office. So everyone laughed at me... and if that was not enuff... I had to run in the rain to catch the train... :( and I got to sit next to the gang and I cud see them stealthily laughing at me or probably being sorry for me in a funny way. Well who said its gonna be easy... ;) Its gonna be a new day tomorrow and ofcourse something new coming my way.... :) Note : I can read your blogs from office but cannot comment. Blogger does not open. Not that anyone pushes me to comment, but some of the posts are so amazing that I want to comment on them tabhi ke tabhi... so I will and I will also respond to the interesting comments this saturday... love ya guys...

24 comments:

U can call me your attorney October 29, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

Wel...begaane des mein qaid bhartiya yuvti :D
ok tht ws weird, ;)
bt its great idea of penning down UK diaries, i must say..u hd loose cash with you to pay the cab driver? thts smart for smarter situations like this.

wud love to read more

Umesh Agarwal October 29, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

Interesting day...happens to the best of us! :p..keep writing...

Anonymous,  October 29, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

An added photographs will be excellent. What say???

Avinash October 29, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

har khyaal ka jawaab hai humare paas.... just visit http://yourquestionanswer.blogspot.com/

Ramit Grover October 29, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

Didn't you mention in an earlier post that you were living in an apartment? How did you end up in a hotel room now?

The IT Project October 29, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

Nice one as usual...keep posting..:D

regards
http://allthecrap.wordpress.com/

Ekam October 29, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

LOL at yout 'wardrobe malfunction' :D

Thousif Raza October 29, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

Sweet memories na harshita...... abt the smiling thing i too am the same yaa, when i am on the bus on my way to coll, i remember something special that always makes me smile.... and people look at me with wored looks, and i smile at that too, but umhara toh

my god wardrobe malfunction samjh baithe, you were toh like rofl i guess na... i am imagining it here and i am smiling in the library lab and everyone is looking at me, kya likhti ho yaar......


anyways it was pure unADultrated fun, which i loooved i loooved, keep em coming.... :)



take care and keep writing..............

Anwesa October 29, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

"Biranded chitthdey" as my frnd calls dem :) :)

m loving this series :) :)

likhte raho :)

Rohit Dassani October 29, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

hey..nice ree...1st i was wondering were have you been all this while? I realized your out of country...nevermind...so many interesting things happening... :P

Deepa Gopal October 29, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

UK Dairies...Interesting!!

Well, a day well spent:)

Anonymous,  October 29, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

Ha ha these things happen in any new place re! :D

Put up some new pics also na, feel aayegi!!

Rià October 30, 2009 at 12:13 AM  

keep them coming gurl. and i love the positivity in u. :)

Anonymous,  October 30, 2009 at 4:23 AM  

Aap me badi positivity hai jee. Har situation me tussi fun factor nikal lete ho :)

Abhishek Sardar October 30, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

very funny read...keep updating your uk diaries...

Pallav October 30, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

oh my god....
u remember i wrote u yesterday that i m waiting eagerly for masaledar story.....
hehehe....
i m unbale to conrol my laugh....

hv fun

Bye

Me October 30, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

@Chitwan
hehehe... qaid yuvti... :D :D
Yes I had cash so I paid him.... :)

@Umesh
yeah...happens to everyone... :P

@Hobo
Will add pictures once I get to click any... weekends it rains hard... so cant take pics and weekdays...I dont even get to touch the camera :(

@Ramit
I am staying in an apart-hotel as they call it... so I call it an apartment at times.. and a hotel at times... :P

@Sunny
Thanks.

@Ekam
:P I know.

@Thousif
yeah smiling to oneself is fun at times...

@Anwesa
hahaha... Branded Chithdey :D

@Rohit
haan main yahan hun.. India mein nahi ;)

@Deepazartz
thanks

@Abhinav
:P Wait please!

@Gaurav
Thanks

@Ki
haina! I will upload some pics soon.

@Ria
thankoo

@Chandler
thank u hain ji.

@Abhishek
:)

@Pallav
Masala-times!!

Me October 30, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

@Ramit again...ur song is still playing... do u plan to ask me to change it?? ;)

Ramit Grover October 30, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

Nope, please don't change it! Thanks!

Americanising Desi October 30, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

can i borrow a day from you? i m quite sad with my days!

Mads November 2, 2009 at 1:19 AM  

u hv gone there for a purpose and now u hv just started, so now ur facing problems..
trust me, u'll hv a blast sooner or later :)
u stil hv time ladki :D
and abt the clothes..u know u look great and why bother abt sadu commoners ke comments :O

:) loved the introductory part...moving on :-w

divsi November 7, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

uk diaries :) wowwww I m sorrrrrie m late darlin! M reading all of it today:) Tc of yrself jee! N njoiiiiiii :)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital