UK Diaries - Oct 26 - From office

On a day like today, I look back and wonder, what am I doing here and why am I doing, whatever am doing. There are lot of things that make no sense at all to us and still we just keep doing them coz we need to... and we have to do them. I am not gud at writing may be... but my soul lies there... when I write I feel I am free... but then my interest in written communication has always hampered some relationships... there are few things, i cant tell people on their faces but I can for sure write abt it and share it with them. I donno why... but am like that eversince am a kid... I always believed in writing letters to the people who meant something or anything for me. I used to write letters to my best friend in college... I think that's so crazy when I look back but we actually wrote letters to each other even when we spent all the time with each other... WEIRD!! that may sound... but there are things we cud not say.. gratitude...thanks... care...concern... dreams... we wud share it all in the letters. And it did not end there, I wrote farewell letters to all my friends telling them all I could never say when we were together.It is a strange life indeed. Things you cant say. you can write. :) Call it anything, but makes me fell more comfortable. I suggest someday you too try it, there is nothing like receiving a handwritten letter from that special someone telling you things you always wanted to read.... :) and again there is nothing like writing what you want to say on a piece of paper and share it. I think it saves us from our intial hesitation and also helps in bridging the gaps in any relationship. Letters, that's why, I wud say are important. Just a thought that crossed my mind while I am on break in office... I am not loving it here... but then...I gotta do what I gotta do... :D

13 comments:

Ramit Grover October 30, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

Hey, you know what, I totally understand the writing thing too. Been there, done that, seen that. It's a good way to lighten your heart.

It's not a great idea to be unhappy where you are. A lot of people are unhappy where they may be in what they may have to do. But eventually you have to do it anyways. Might as well take it in your stride and cheer up.

Thanks for the Iktara song again. Appreciate it.

Anonymous,  October 30, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

I am waiting for the postman.
;-)

Ekam October 30, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

I am not into writing letters but I agree writing does help. I can also not express myself but as you said what you can't 'say' , you can write it to them :)
Chalo you ENJOY working there and I enjoy my aalu methi ki sabji and roti .. Gotta do what I gotta do. Take care :)

- Sugar Cube - October 30, 2009 at 2:18 PM  

I too express 'better' when I write to someone compared to how I would have managed to say the same :)

You are right..it really saves us from initial hestitaion.

Anwesa October 30, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

ll try that..someday..somewhere..for someone..

Butterfly Thoughts October 30, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

I agree. There is nothing like a hand written letter. Ihave so many of them from so many people..But then now when we are so used to emails I dont know if we have the patience of writing a letter.

Dhanya October 30, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

I agree! But what if the person has a crappy handwriting? The person who is reading will def have a hard time reading the letter no? ;)

We want things to be done jaldi jaldi nowadays.. so I doubt if snail mail will ever become popular again...

Rohit Dassani October 30, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

Hey i am also the same....i dont like to tell people on their faces. Actually i am doing the same right now. An old frnd called up ... we didnt say anything ... why we messed up!! but then i started texting....!! weird!!

Thousif Raza October 30, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

that is really ver swt ya, in the new age who does that, i think in a sort of way it displays affection like none other, but for sure if i wrote letter no one would read, cause i have got the hand writing like none other :P


take care and keep writing............

Anonymous,  October 30, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

I love letters. They make my day and I'm sure they'd make anyone's if they got one. :)

AB October 30, 2009 at 11:10 PM  

HAND WRITTEN LETTERS?

wow! bahut time hogaya! :-(
u knw wat... its a senti post!

Mahesh Sindbandge October 31, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

Even i like to read lettrs and write in letters what i feel is diff for me to say it on face...
In fact i did this many times and it helps me vry much :)

Mads November 2, 2009 at 1:47 AM  

Got senti.
There is something abt handwritten letters.
I love writing them. Cherish the letters i wrote to my grandparents and one i recently wrote to a friend. its nice when u write to someone who deserves a letter :)

i will write to u soon harshita :-w
thanks for the brainwave :-w

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital