A little something you should know about me...

 
I curse such days...why do we even have them...when everything goes just wrong...but then I tell myself, be it.

This year too I have not been promoted as I see it and I am still slogging like anything. People around me are worried about me and concerned, and I do see that.

Some think that I should stop my career bullshit right here and live like NORMAL gals do. Frankly, I donno what sets apart a normal gal and a gal who thinks she also deserves appreciation n has the right to dream.

I mean like the guys in the house, am I not allowed to think about moving ahead and succeeding in my job but *shrugs* I think like everyone else in the family, some day I will also bury all my dreams for what a NORMAL gal does.

It is not that I love slogging or this life where I am sitting in front of my laptop and doing all sorts of stuff with data,codes and graphics. 

I should have taken the Geek comment from the Canadian co-passenger as a wake-up call, I did not. Working in horrendous hours and almost all timezones, I look nothing short of a zombie. I am sure one of these days, someone from the family will dump me in the Loreal Clinic nearby to do what NORMAL gals do. ;)

*Sigh* Frankly, it has been days that I had that good look at myself in the mirror to bother about the acne or THAT chicken pox mark I had or even crib about my weight.

They call it disrespecting oneself. Sometimes, people around me feel that I am secretly killing myself by working like this. I have no excuse, frankly. *shrugs*

Work has always been my anti-dote for everything going wrong and I always come running back to its arms coz it challenges me so much and gives my mind so much to do that I hardly worry about anything else.24 hours seem short. 

Deep inside, like every NORMAL gal, I do want a spa break or to hang out with friends...Go and see around... but I ran to work to beat loneliness and now I love it.

Someone trying to enter my walls is nothing short of an intruder. I have been pushing a lot of people away from me knowingly and unknowingly.May be as they say, sometimes you are hurt so bad that you turn cold to everyone else around you.

I love listening to people, helping them out and I really do cherish all such friends but when it comes to talking about me....I do talk... but somehow I start moving away from the people I talk my heart out too. I don't know if it my fault or theirs. But it is a pattern. I am sure some of you who are reading this and my offline frenz too,understand it.

It is very hard to hold me back at such moments. Those who manage to understand that it is not that am rude, it is just that vulenrability in my character irks me, STAY!. The others move on by of course blaming it all on me. 

I don't expect those people to understand me. I am sometimes completely with u and at times I disappear all of a sudden. Not coz you scare me...just coz I am like this. My vulnerability irks me, binds me and restricts me... and to escape it, I run away.

I think by far, this is my most open post... I think after a huge battle with myself, I have finally accepted it. And again, this post is not written so you understand me.It is just what came to my mind at this hour.

I hate this side of me. When someone starts getting to close to me or vice-versa, I escape. I am sure my THAT friend is reading this post, I told you once, that I may walk-out anytime but you will have to stop me. I donno how long you can manage to do that or so can others...but THIS side of me, I could not get rid of.

I hate dependency on anyone...I hate being affected by someone or expecting someone to understand me. I am sick of this side of me. Wish I could be more transparent and forthcoming to people. I can be your best friend but why can't I let you be mine?

I have put in a lot of effort to be self-dependent and be happy with myself. I think I am way past the times when I could let anyone take care of me. Now, I cry my own tears and I wipe them on my own. NO! Don't pity me. I am not unhappy as presumed. :)

I am happy with who I am today and no I don't need to shout it to anyone but I do know that some part of me died, it did, gradually. I cannot bring it back. I think it is all a part of growing up. Experiences change you and Mine changed me.

For friends, I am still the same person. So if am not sharing things with you, it does not mean I love you less. It just means that I am like that. For me each friend of mine, matters a lot and am thankful to each one of you.

Note : I am replying to comments in the morning. I am sorry for not doing that in time.

Pic : http://files.myopera.com/Rimikio-Kanka/blog/lonely-devianart-com.jpg

44 comments:

Gaurav Kant Goel March 11, 2010 at 7:01 AM  

Harshi.......A million hugs to you...it happens with all of us at 1 time or another... Keep smiling and I am not presuming that u are unhappy :)

AB March 11, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

Although I am not any counselor/doctor/philosopher but being a friend I suggest you few things even if you don't want.

What do NORMAL GALS do? Apart from working and flirting :P they also TAKE A BREAK, GO OUT WITH FRIENDS, WATCH MOVIES, SHOP, READ BOOKS, GOSSIP and do a lot of things you think you are missing. Working is always good but damaging your health in order to do something for someone else which won't give a damn once you quit is a thing to ponder.

Rià March 11, 2010 at 10:22 AM  

I totally 2nd Abhinav in what he has said...agreed that u love to work, so do i....but not to the extent of not giving time to myself! U need to take a break at times....moreover i hav realised that even if u r the best in what u do...that doesnt guarantee u a promotion! As irritating as this sounds....i hav found this the hard way! So dont over do anything...spend time with family and friends, take time off for your own self...and take life a bit easy. :)

And dont worry ppl who genuinely know u will never abandon u, no matter what!

Arv March 11, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

At such points in life, I have often questioned myself as to why I should slog? does that extra money really worth it and so on...

For a while, I stay committed yet unattached to work, if you know what I mean... work time is 8 hours and nothing more... put the remaining time into ur non work life and you will see a huge difference mate...

just my experience...

Sakshi March 11, 2010 at 12:45 PM  

All I can say is, that you remind me of me.. on such days. Hugs.

Thousif Raza March 11, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

hey harshitha... life is like that ya... some decisions you are proud of some you are not... but one thing is there what ever you wanna do with your life... and any decision you take... there will be some people who would be very proud of you... those are your frenz.. so keep em close....

and just for the heck of it... dont always work... ahev fun sometimes... dont get addicted... just do whatcha gotta do :) and keep having fun :)


take care and keep writing.......

john March 11, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

after all its just a phase..
the bad times pass just as the good times

john
http://imeandnotsomuchofmyself.blogspot.com/

Richa March 11, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

escaping? sure? THAT friend? great.

Anonymous,  March 11, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

Hey Harshita...this doesnt sound like you...
But you know, it takes a courageous person to come out in the open and admit their faults like that....You are courageous! I hope you get okay soon!

Anonymous,  March 11, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

Hey Harshita...this doesnt sound like you...
But you know, it takes a courageous person to come out in the open and admit their faults like that....You are courageous! I hope you get okay soon!

Shaunak Mukherjee March 11, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

It happens. I won't say Chill, it's a phase, coz it's not. So the good part is you wrote about it. Sometimes writing about it helps a lot. Actually most of the times.

On a happy note, YOU HAVE AN AWARD!
Drop by!

http://sublimecreativity.blogspot.com/2010/03/award-time.html

Deepa Gopal March 12, 2010 at 1:33 AM  

Hey Harshita

There's something awaiting you in my blog. Pls do chk it out:)

luv
Deepa

Nidz March 12, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

Harshi -ta hehe
I actually was goign thru this phase "I have been pushing a lot of people away from me knowingly and unknowingly.May be as they say, sometimes you are hurt so bad that you turn cold to everyone else around you." i didnt knw tht i was doing right ignoring ppl who i wasnt angry on also. be be a phase comes whn u r want to put ur frens at test and see wht they mean to u .. its weird!!!

i didnt knw u r the person who would expect us to pull u if u r running away. I thought may b u just needed sometime.

At times we can heal ourselves best and no one else can help.
at times friends are best blessing ever!

Americanising Desi March 12, 2010 at 6:20 PM  

your thoughts are so in line with mine!

how i want things to be a little different than now!

Dhanya March 13, 2010 at 2:03 AM  

When you said you almost immersed urself in work so that you wouldn't think of things -- I could so much identify with you. I use to wear myself out just to beat the loneliness. It's just a phase I guess...

Mads March 13, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

I am so happy you wrote this as your post...Coz i have been suspecting that for a long time and this post confirmed whatever i thought :)
and after reading this post, i realize how you and i are so alike.

i would love it if u chucked your damn job and got into something u love...
i would love it if your sleeping patterns were normal again..
but that's just for me to say..its ur call at the end of the day :)
i like that line. i can be ur best friend but i cannot let u be mine :)
i always say no one can help u except yourself and i stand by it..friends is just a word :)
i want you to live the life you always wanted to even if it means hurting someone unknowingly or jo bhi hai yaar. do what pleases you and what your mood tells u to do!!

i want you to know there are zillions of people who care for you and love you for what u are...and im on top of these zillions of people :)

GinGer March 13, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

Hey harshita,

Iam writingo n your blog for the first time though i have been reading you for a while now.

Iam going thru the same phase as you are . I think sometimes writing helps and iam glad that you have opened your heart out on your blog.

I just would like to give you a million HUGS...they will surely make you feel better. I really want some too..but i have no one around me to give some... :(

Take care..i hope this time passes by soon for you

GinGer March 13, 2010 at 6:26 PM  

i hope all goes well...everything happens for a reason...

peter March 14, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

When you are frustrated, you don't like yourself then how can you expect people around you to like you...

It's a phase, it will pass..I am telling u coz I keep telling that to me too. I understand whatever you have written completely, because somehow I have been through this..and I become nasty unlike u !


@ Mads

It's not "i can be ur best friend but i cannot let u be mine :)"

It's "i can be ur best friend but why i cannot let u be mine :)"


Just correcting,coz that one word makes a lot of difference.

http://gshanky.wordpress.com March 15, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

take care ma'am !!
its just a phase and the bright sun ll rise again :) Health should be ur first priority !

Vinod Ramamoorthy March 15, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

Take a day off and watch all the episodes of FRIENDS/SEINFELD/HIMYM/3 STOOGES or something like that

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:47 AM  

@Gaurav
Ek awesome si jaadoo ki jhappi tujhey bhi. *flashes her smile*

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:47 AM  

@AD
I dont have frenz here AD, but I will try. I read a lot though.. :) I will definitely pay all attention to your advice.

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:47 AM  

@Ria
True. I so loved the last line you said. I believe in it.

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:47 AM  

@Arv
Thanks. I am trying to do the same

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:48 AM  

@Sakshi
Hugs u back :)

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:48 AM  

@Thousif
I agree. :) Thank you so much.

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:48 AM  

@John
Yeah! bad times passed ;)

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:48 AM  

@Mithe
That's me only. :) Thanks for calling me courageous. That helps.

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:48 AM  

@Shaunak
I write about it coz if I write abt the things that upset me. It helps me... :)
Thanks for the award.

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:48 AM  

@Chitwan
Wow! I just justified myself to ME. You may be right. Nopes, this was diff n good.

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:49 AM  

@Niddzzi
I love u baby! U knw that.. right?

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:49 AM  

@Americanising Desi
:) same pinch

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:49 AM  

@Dhanya
When it comes from you, I believe in every word of it.

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:50 AM  

@Mads
What else do I say.. I am lucky to have you around. Thanks so much.

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:50 AM  

@Ginger
Thanks. I hope my blog did not mess up with ur mind too :P

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:50 AM  

@Ginger

Here is a hug for you and dont worry there is always an awesome tomorrow.

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:50 AM  

@Peter
Hey! I do love u yaar :D U almost said it.

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:50 AM  

@Gaurav
Sure. I am good and thanks for calling.

Me March 17, 2010 at 1:50 AM  

@Vinod
I did watch HIMYM.. helped :D thanks.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital