There is nothing like a PERFECT GUY or MR. RIGHT....



When I was in school, I was more a part of the guys-gang than the gals. May be, coz I grew up amongst guys at home.The short skirts and long nails did not make sense to me (frankly long nails still don't). 

Anyways, I guess I was the most ignorant person in school coz I was helping a guy patao a gal who was no one else but ME *sigh*. Ohkay! you can laugh. But,I had no clue. There was no perfect image of a man I'd fall for in my mind back then, may be I liked Sanjay Dutt back then or may be I thought he should be like Dad... *can't remember*.

As I moved on and went to an engineering college where, let me tell you, you have a very colorful mix of guys. Most of them high on testosterone and waiting to chase anything that wears skirts. *Shrugs* We can talk about that later. But that was when I read my first Romance, my very first Mills n Boons -- Yeah! I was THAT lame... ;)

I learned,there is someone called 'The Perfect Guy" and every gal has to have one in her life.I loved every MB I bought and I still have a huge collection,but I could never put sense in my head about the Perfect guy thing. Friends fell in love or lust or whatever with me and I never cared about it coz I always had different aspirations in life.

As I grew up, met more people, the 'real' people -- I realised that there is nothing like a PERFECT guy anywhere. It is all a fallacy created by people, may be fellow women to make each other jealous and to compete or probably to show off their men as their trophies for being sexy, nice and loving.

If all the gals reading this and all the guys reading this really do some soul-searching, they will realise that the definition each one of them came up for PERFECT is not what they are living with. I mean, in real life, if you are in love with someone, it really does not matter if that person fills up your PERFECT or MR. RIGHT criteria. It is all in your mind.

Someone you love despite his not fulfilling all the 'must-haves' on your list, is your PERFECT guy. I am not saying that you should stop searching for one if you believe in one. But the point is, there is no Mr. Right. There are just guys who let you be and who make you feel loved...and if you really love them, you will never even bother to think if they fit in the Mr. Right bill.

Coming from someone who still survives on Romantic novels and is a sucker for romances, this is a huge surprise, I know. May be, I have grown old or May be, I have not slept enough today but ask yourself, Does it really matter when you meet THE ONE if he/she is your PERFECT GUY or GAL?? You just love someone if you love them and that's about it.

Measuring someone's worth against a set of parameters is a mere insult of a feeling called LOVE. If you really believe in perfect then why not make your relationship perfect, why change someone whom you loved for who he or she really is...

Crap! Where is the Harshita I know? - If anyone throws me such comments, I am gonna pull your hair ;) I deserve to be girly sometimes...and may be this is one of those times.

OMG, did anyone notice, I don't even have a LABEL called LOVE in my blog-labels.. ROFL!! and am talking about LOVE ;) By the way, I think HUGH JACKMAN is just PERFECT :D :D

24 comments:

Gaurav Kant Goel March 4, 2010 at 7:22 AM  

:-)

A Typical 'Harshita' Post!!!

I feel, when you accept and adjust to the imperfections of your partner, he/she becomes perfect for you!

AB March 4, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

Congratulations. No green colored text! :-|

Sanjay Dutt? :-|

Hhee yeah long nails are for chudails :P hehe!!

Perfect is nothing. Nobody is.

I don't know what to comment! Gah!

ki March 4, 2010 at 10:31 AM  

Perfection is the person you love. That's all. I measure every guy according to Ka now :D I think I'm gonna do a post on this as well :D

Anonymous,  March 4, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

Perfect are singles always maybe.
For example: You & I
:-))rofl

Americanising Desi March 4, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

I AGREE WITH KI!

yes yes I do I do!

I love this post Harshita!

Rià March 4, 2010 at 11:37 AM  

So true hun!!cant agree more...i can identify with this post a lot. In fact i never really had any dreams of meeting Mr. Right ever for that matter! I think i have always been realistic enuff to know that there's no such thing called "the perfect guy".

Although i wudnt mind saying that Hugh Jackman does fit the bill perfectly!! :D

Richa March 4, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

lol.. as i read ur must have list wala line, i recalled The ugly Truth :D how much we love tht movie :D

and itni akal hai mujhmein :P k there is nuthn like perfect.. par itni akal aani shayad baaki hai k if there is something like love too :)

and u dun have a label called Love, but u have a label called men :P

Unknown March 4, 2010 at 12:49 PM  

I too don't believe in long nails! Yes , i really don't.

Loved ur post! And agree to almost everything u mentioned, but still dil to bachcha hai jee...so it'll keep the search for Mr Right continuing!

Arv March 4, 2010 at 3:25 PM  

its high time to add that label onto your blog :)

take care mate :)

cheers...

Aditya Nandode March 5, 2010 at 12:09 AM  

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

U r just perfect to post that! :p

On serious note, there is no perfect guy, and there is no perfect gal.

Awesome post, remembered the way i found the My JUST right girl for me! ;)

Arjun March 5, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

hahaha.. lol

But very true. I've always wondered abt the same. :)

Nice to be back on ur blog.. :) I'm talking abt me. :P

Cheers..!!
Arjun

SA March 5, 2010 at 5:04 PM  

lol!

Nice post! Liked it! Should say recommended post for everyone!

Keep writing! Really funny way to take on a serious issue!

Sanjay

Mads March 6, 2010 at 11:07 AM  

I'm rofling since 5 mins on abhinav's comment.
*stiffles laugh and comments*

Measuring someone's worth against a set of parameters is a mere insult of a feeling called LOVE. If you really believe in perfect then why not make your relationship perfect, why change someone whom you loved for who he or she really is...---->>>> this sums it all i think :)

and yeah i think there is a soulmate out for everyone but no ideal man or mr. right... and yup, there is no parameter to judge who is better or how much do u love me and all that shit...
awesome post! loved it harshita :D \m/

Trinaa March 6, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

I agree with you. Hugh Jackman does come very near to being perfect. Those forearms dude! ;)

peter March 7, 2010 at 7:18 PM  

I read it long back, but commenting now ..!

Yeah there is no perfect guy in this world..for any girl, at least I am not the one :P

I am just wondering what made u write this :-s

Arpit March 8, 2010 at 5:35 AM  

*I think HUGH JACKMAN is just PERFECT :D*

n U r talking about Salman Khan on FB now.. :)

toh apko actually me chaiye kaun?? ;)

P.S. Award waiting for you on my blog.

Ann March 8, 2010 at 5:22 PM  

Hi!

Really lovely post. Even I believe in loving people for what they are.

Keep writing and keep loving :)

Regards,
Ann

divsi March 8, 2010 at 6:04 PM  

love it my gal!! love it:D u MUST be girlie sumtyms:)) beautifully written:)

Me March 9, 2010 at 2:35 AM  

@Gaurav
Who knows better than my bf's mom :D :D LOL

@AD
You dont need to say anything here. You are perfect for me :)

@Ki
You should. Coz I know you will be more honest than me when you write about it.

@Hobo
:) :) That was an amusing comment.

@Americanising Desi
:) thanks.

@Ramit
Perfect is YOU.

@Ria
haha!! yeah..Hugh Jackman is awesome

@Richa
haha...me too thought abt it when I read this... ;)

Yeah!! MEN!! khe khe

@Akanksha
I am trying to avoid chewing on my nails ;)
hehe...keep the search on.

@Arv
:D lol

@Adi
is it? :P :P
Wish u guys happiness together always.

@Arjun
;) I know...nice to see u back.

@Sanjay
Great! then recommend :D

@Mads
AD is mad!! usko rehne do.

Soulmate che! we will find bey! :P

@Trinaa
haha!! I knw.

@Peter
Don't wonder too much... I just saw so many ppl looking for Mr Right...so wrote this one.

@Arpit
Dono! :D

@Ann
Thanks...

@Divis
thank u... :)

Mogambo March 9, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

to be honest i was never in search of a perfect girl.. for me perfection is boring .. i like imperfections coz that is what makes us human beings..

i've never met anyone perfect and i dont think i ever will ..

and i like Hugh Jackman too ; )

Sakshi March 10, 2010 at 12:44 AM  

Hmmmm, TBG says define perfect- I say, Beauty always lies in the eyes of the beholder. Its what you see, makes the other person perfect. :)

Me March 13, 2010 at 4:20 AM  

@Vishu :)

U found THE PERFECT!!

Me March 13, 2010 at 4:20 AM  

@Sakshi
Completely agree.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital