Bhaagam-Bhaag (RUNNIN' AROUND)

With the weekdays making me almost go crazy, the weekend was no relief either but yeah it was interesting... Saturday was reserved for all the bank work that we had to do. Ankit had few forms to fill-up, I had some documents to be submitted and Mom asked us to check with the banks for few things she wanted to know. Ah! Friday evening, I kept thinking what kinda saturday it wud be... Saturday morning, I managed to get up in time and after munching on a toast, me and Ankit drove off and it was so hot that at one moment I thought there was something wrong with the car's AC. On the road, amidst all the scattered traffic, there were bullock-carts, Carts, Scooters, Bikes, Cars, Autos, Buses, Rickshaws and Cows all trying to form some kind of a circular ring around us...ah! the road was so jam-packed. Finally we stopped over at one bank and I cud hear a bank-official cribbing abt how Saturdays are monsterous for them as people keep pouring in...A certain Mr. Gupta (sincerely chewing on his paan) said ,"Arey, Sharma saheb apna counter toh enquiry counter bann gaya hain, jo chaahta hain mooh uthaaye chalaa aata hain, form kahaan milega,FD kahaan banegi,insurance kahaan hogi aur kabhi kabhi toh chai kahaan milegi"..."Mr Sharma, my desk has become an enquiry counter as every other person comes here to ask me things like where do we get a form, tea etc." Mr. Sharma laughed it off and said,"Bhaiyaa, ab toh aiseeey hi chalega, waisey ek baat batao yeh Naye account ke form kahaan milengey?"...lol...this man himself asked him from where he cud get the forms...funny people... Once I was done with this bank, we moved on to another bank and I decided to stay in the car rather than go inside and witness the crowd that seemed to grow minute by minute... It was not a good decision on my part though, as I felt so hot outside...Ah! And the scene around me was also not quiet good, some guys at the near-by tea-stall kept ogling at me. To my surprise, there was a cop accompanying them...well in a way I was less surprised....coz I don't hold any respect for the U.P. cops in particular....they are gross and cheap...They started passing some comments about me and I was running out of patience...my hands were folded into fists...holding myself back... I have enuff reasons to hold back...Mom has asked me to promise her that I will never try to get into any problems with the cops no matter how sick they are(once while in skool, I confrinted a cop for taking bribe from bus drivers in my school, it was not a gud experience)...and she has also asked me to avoid confronting any delhi or UP guys...ah! not her fault, she is scared coz she has seen enuff in this city...more than me...I keep coming in and going out but she stays here... I felt like slapping the two guys hard...but...watever...am so pissed off even now...

Sooner, Ankit came back and we both started deciding on what to cook for lunch...He told me, "Yaar, I am really hungry, lets buy some Maggi noodles and you cook it for us and for lunch lets suprise mom"...I was like,"Aha! we wud need to shop for grocery then".

Ankit : "Sure, we wud go for that but I hope you know that you gonna cook"

Me : "But am too tired to shop yaar, wanna go back,cook and sleep"

Ankit: "Ah! come one, now don't gimme that. Don't you want to surprise all of us with a great lunch".

Me: "Fine" (In my mind : "Yeah! Me only surprise you sweets...How abt u...")

We went up to the supermarket to get the stuff and he kept throwing all the expensive cosmetics in the shopper's bucket...I looked at him with a raised eyebrow and he pretended as if he did not notice...The biggest fool in the world is ME when it comes to my three kid brothers...They can fool me into buying anything for them.Sometimes, I don't even realise what's there in the shopping bag until the biller asks me,"Mam, wud you like to pay by cash or credit card?"....lol

This time it was a big list of shampoos,conditioners,scrubs,face-washes,soaps and ofcourse snacks...the guy at the billing desk told me my bill crossed all hundreds and was nearing a thousand and told me,"Mam,its our pleasure to let you know that you win a surprise gift for all the shopping you have done". I was like,"If I knew what have I shopped for!"....ha ha ha

Watever, I enquired abt home-delivery and on-call services with them and we rushed back home...Ankit asked me to open the gift and it was a beautiful brass-coloured vase made in clay... I wanted to jump and say,"Wow! am surprised"...Puhleese! it was not at all gr8 or surprising ... but okay..am glad it suits the color of the drawing-room walls and I can place it in the right most corner... :)

After all the gift-celebration, I took up the job to cook... Mixed-veg noodles and milk-shake were served for brunch and the early evening meal had a big menu : Cholley (Gravied Grams), Rice, Green Salad, Raita...and pickles...

What a Saturday it was...!! Sunday, we spent re-arranging the furniture and cup-boards in our house...and I indulged in some self-pedicure and head-massage... :) I think only I can do justice when it comes to pampering myself. :) My foot-therapy thing left me feeling sleepy...and I hit the bed early... :) This ended a much hectic and intereting week... :) And when I prayed I knew it would be another sunshine tomorrow which will bring another Monday...and ahum! Monday blues... ;)

9 comments:

Rahul Bajpai September 12, 2008 at 8:08 PM  

May god prevent all of us from monday blues...gud see all the stuff you put...keep blogging amidst all this bhagam bhag. :)

Krishna September 12, 2008 at 10:16 PM  

Hey Harshita,

It's always good when there's hulchul in life. Otherwise a still life becomes stale and boring. Don't you agree? I know you agree. :))

Btw, you again touched the topic of cops and other guys ogling at you. It's really bad, i know. But it's hard to escape, especially in cities like Delhi.
Mumbai is much better.

Enjoy your weekend :)

Nidz September 12, 2008 at 10:40 PM  

>> This man himself asked him from where he cud get the forms – that was really comical.
I know a free Gift hamper always adds smile. Let it be any stupid thing. I once went to health and glow to buy bikini razor and it was really tough to explain was it was. On top of that the helpers who were ladies asked me to consult the medical section but it was worse to explain the man in the medical counter. I finally found it myself after roaming all the corner of the store. ;)

Anonymous,  September 12, 2008 at 10:44 PM  

Maggi Maggi Maggi...
:)

peter September 13, 2008 at 1:44 AM  

weekends are fun ppl say ...and sure they are when u have a reason ...and well u had plenty f the other reasons it seems lol:D

btw a nice post there cops and U.P wala crowd I can understnd....i have seen dat in Delhi...!

happy blogging and make sure ur this sunday i mean tomorrow turns put to be a gud one :P

Sneha Shrivastava September 13, 2008 at 7:02 AM  

Hi Harshita,
Once I had a big argument with SBI bankwalas they were harassing a old lady pensioner.

BTW the youngers in the house have a right to their elders pockets.:)

Have a nice day.:)
smiles

Anwesa September 14, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

The 1st part of post made me quite aggressive.When can girls and women feel relaxed on streets?May be never..The next part was hilarious..pleasant..well,my frnd says,monday is an awful day to spend (1/7)th of one's lyf..hehe..

zirelda September 14, 2008 at 7:57 PM  

What an interesting runnin around you had.

Not sure I would be comfortable in the streets. I will leave that to you. :)

Me September 15, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

I hope the same, Rahul.

Yeah! Krishna. I truly believe that life shud be all abt hulchul... I knw Mumbai is far better than Delhi...

A gift hamper is always welcome...Nidhi :)

Hobo, Maggi is a saviour for us :)

That sure was a fun weekend...Thanks for keeping those hopes alive, Peter. :)

Ofcourse the Youngsters in the house are always there to get me,Sneha ;)

Your friend is pretty right, I wud say... Anwesa.

Hey Zirelda, it was for sure an interesting runnin' arnd :)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital