Sunday : Happy yet silent

Sunday was good. Happy Singh was his usual self (good the punishment effects did not last long) and Rustam was a lil lazy.Mom decided to cook Upma and Coconut chutney for brkfast and I looove it. All of us(Mom,me.Ankit and Honey) declared it wud be the 'Self-Pamper' day yet again. So we all brought out our cosmetics and body care stuff... :) It started with a head massage,then hair color...then scrub...then face packs...lol...My brothers love to take care of their skin. I always tease them that you guys spend on beauty products more than any gal... ;) Anyways we had too much fun teasing each other... Mom declared,"No lunch at home today. We will go to your Aunt's house for lunch". I am not too kicked out abt going anywhere on Sundays. I had a big plan of relaxing and I stayed back with Dad and my pets.
While Dad was busy in his room, I came to mine and switched on the television thinking I wud sleep watching some music channel.But I stumble upon the movie I always wanted to watch. Ah! I have such a big list to cater to. Anyways this movie is PROVOKED. I am one person who never liked Aishwarya Rai expecially coz of her acting skills(may be I saw her in all the wrong movies)...may be coz I always appreciated Sushmita Sen in all terms as compared to Ash. But this movie changed my perception to the core. Now, I am in her fanlist too. The story is about a battered wife based in London, who has undergone trauma,harassment(physical,mental and emotional) and abuse for 10 long years in her marriage to a man who almost killed her child in her womb when she was pregnant. I cud not stand some of the brutality shown in the movie. Later, one nite when he beats her up again, she sets him afire while he is sleeping. This enrages the whole society and legal system. Facts are manipulated and so are evidences to prove her guilty. OMG the woman is so unware of what she has done until she gets the news of her husband's death in the prison. She curses herself for she believed it was a sin. The most touching scene was when she wakes up suddenly in the prison coz of a nightmare related to her past abuse. She was so very convincing. The speech she gives has a sentence that shook me up - I FOUND MY FREEDOM IN PRISON. FREEDOM THAT I THRIVED FOR, IN ALL THESE 10 YEARS OF MARRIAGE. Finally this timid and unaware woman agrees to appeal against the ruling for the sake of her two sons. The movie is a must-watch for everyone. Although its not a happy movie like the last one I saw but it is gripping. It scares you to the core coz ITZ A TRUE STORY. Story of Kiranjeet Ahluwalia. Anyways, after the movie I caught up on some news and a cup of tea. Mom and bhailog were back from Aunt's place...but the movie left such an effect on me that I was kinda silent for the rest of the day. Sometime it happens to you...sometimes some truths rip you apart and it seems you ask urself...Why this?? Anyways...with a rather silent note and some confusions I hit the bed... Sunday...was a mix of sweet memories we had and a gripping truth I came across.

8 comments:

Skeeter September 23, 2008 at 11:14 AM  

Wow, Harshita, that movie has a difficult and painful premise. We had a similar sort of story here in the States a few years back called "The Burning Bed" or something like that. It starred Farah Fawcett. Her character was an abused housewife who couldn't take the abuse anymore and acted violently.

I hope that these sad tales will not discourage you too much or make you feel distressed.

Best wishes,

Skeeter

peter September 23, 2008 at 11:16 AM  

ahh Aishwarya Rai ..I dun like her either and wud want to see Sushmita sen instead of her ..but have jus seen a few scenes of the movie ..so can't change my mind ryt now !

and well ur sunday sounds like a real holiday :P

happy blogging !

Anwesa September 23, 2008 at 10:18 PM  

i'v seen dat movie n i was moved.
its heart-wrenching!!

Sneha Shrivastava September 24, 2008 at 7:32 AM  

Its hard to fathom that somebody has to go through such trauma.

have a nice day.

Anonymous,  September 24, 2008 at 10:26 AM  

Silence speaks...
:)

zirelda September 25, 2008 at 8:58 PM  

Oh yes, there were a few movies that hit me that way.

I'll have to look up the name.

Aevi September 28, 2008 at 2:44 AM  

provoked no doubt was a nice movie... i simply loved it. i wish they hadmade it more like a documentary

Mads November 11, 2008 at 8:53 PM  

even i never liked ash, but after watching her in provoked....im her biggest fan..
i loved this movie way too much...

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital