Saturday : Smiles and Tears

This Saturday started on a lazy note. I got up at 10 in the morning and was treated with a nice cup of tulsi-ginger tea by our house-maid, Bubbly Auntie :) She is with us for past 12-13 years and for past two years she is the one who prepares tea for me every morning. I am absolutely addicted to that tea. So, I woke up and found Happy Singh next to my bed wagging his tail. He gave me his usual Good Morning kiss(lol...he has this habit of kissing people on their nose)...and jumped off to catch up with his buddy Rustam on the terrace. I love Saturdays...they are so lazy ;) Honey cooked grilled sandwiches for breakfast and they were yummy. Mom had her skool so she came home at lunchtime and all of us prepared the lunch together. It was so much fun. I love such moments...when all of us are working together and sharing silly jokes in the process... ;) This is what I call real-bonding...and thts wat families are for... In the evening when Mom went for her walk n me was watching a movie(while watching the movie I thought I wud blog abt it for sure), I heard the bell and somehow I guessed something is wrong with Happy...Ah! Ankit kept the door ajar and Happy ran outside... Shuh! I hate such mistakes...coz me and mom keep insisting at home that the men of our house need to realise that they have certain responsibilities they shud cater to...All guys in my house except Sunny are so irresponsible when it comes to closing the door when they leave the house... Its really scary on the roads and I was so damn worried about Happy. He is so small and such a kid...we have so many street dogs around and last time they caught hold of him, they almost killed him :( Finally I had to run in my capris looking for him coz I know he gets furious with Ankit and Honey so I HAD to go, find him and bring him back... We have a temple near my place and it was so crowded...Somehow I managed to find Happy and Ankit told me that how when he tried to pick Happy up forcefully he bit him on his hand... :( I felt so bad for him and for Happy too...I am a dog-lover and am not the one who wud punish them....but I knew Dad wud get furious at him for this... :( I urged Ankit not to create a scene in front of Dad...after all itz also my bros fault...first they provoke the dogs and then they expect them to be disciplined... I always tell them that dogs learn what you teach them...and if you guys treat them with no discipline, they will bounce back... Anyways, I requested both him and Dad to spare Happy...but he was punished really bad for this...I understand he bit Money...but...after a long time I cried out of anger and helplessness when I could not reach out to him... :( I donno why but when Mom came back from her walk I cried like anything coz I cannot see anyone being hurt in any manner. Happy is not my first dog.I have spent last 7 years of my life with Caesar. He was a Bulgarian Spitz and my first dog. I loved him so much and when Happy was being rebuked for what he did, I could not take it. I have been with Happy from the time when he was all of 20 days or so...I have fed him with my hands, have shared every day with him and I just can't tolerate anyone hurting him...I cried and cried until mom assured me that no one will ever hurt him... I donno why I get so sensitive when it comes to people I love...I think itz the same with everyone, we go out of our way to make sure that the people we love are safe... I made Happy sleep on my lap and made sure he felt comfortable with his share of care and affection...I love him :) While am writing this post, Happy is sleeping peacefully and I know this was the last time that I let someone hurt him... I know I will discipline him with love...and am sure abt it.

9 comments:

Sneha Shrivastava September 21, 2008 at 2:17 AM  

loved reading your post.I am very sure that u would be able to discipline him with your love.:)

*Hugs*

Arv September 21, 2008 at 2:22 AM  

Its good to see that you savour such moments... beautiful.. you are right.. they so make our life a much better experience...

I dont keep pets but I can see how much you like yours... love conquers them all... raise them well :)

take care... cheers..

Skeeter September 21, 2008 at 7:03 PM  

Hi Harshita!

The family pets are wonderful c4reatures. We had a German Shepherd when I was young. He lived for a very long time and had a happy life in the country with us. Now I live in the city and have a very large flight cage for my birds. They are soo spoiled!

Best wishes,

Skeeter

peter September 21, 2008 at 9:53 PM  

tht sounds like a nice weekend wid family !!!
and a nice name 'Happy singh' tho a lil filmy :P

Nidz September 21, 2008 at 10:33 PM  

even i hate when my bro punishes buddy. at times buddy gets too naughty.. but we all love her. i have seen tears in her eyes and it tore me apart. I hope ur Happy doesnt run out of house again. I know shutting door is other pain in ass.. cuz we go thru same thing. except family members the guest leave the door open and its freaks us out

zirelda September 22, 2008 at 8:30 AM  

I agree with you. I would be unhappy if that had happened to either one of my dogs.

But the rest of your day sounds nice. I love the bonding moments too.

Me September 22, 2008 at 6:43 PM  

Thanks Sneha. Love conquers them all as Arv commented ;)

True Arv. Nothing beats the feeling of being with the loved ones.

Hey Skeeter, Welcome back.Me too have a German Shepherd along with a Bulgarian Spitz. They are so loving, you are right.

Yups! Peter. It was kinda nice... What a coincidence, Happy was born and given a name in Septemeber last year and his name is so famous now...Thanks to Akki in Singh is King ;) Therez a story behind his name...if you find time do read this :
http://harshitawriteslikethis.blogspot.com/2008/02/naamkaran-kaaran-behind-it.html

Niddzzi, I agree door is the biggest issue in the house...Itz not the dog's fault if he wants to take a stroll outside...lol


Thats true, Zirelda. The rest of the day made up for this. :)

Anonymous,  September 22, 2008 at 8:30 PM  

Good post.
claps !!!

Aevi September 28, 2008 at 2:45 AM  

i love dogs but once they misbehave i beat the shit out of them be it mine or someone elses... but this time it seems tws not its mistake... i hope its fine now

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital