A Resolution For Life

There are times I wonder if itz me or the people around me. I have this trigger and you pull it and I am a bad bad person or as Anurag mentioned once,"I am a reactive person". I tend to react to things in a certain way, I am not the one to shut my mouth when I think something wrong is being said or done. But then,we all have our wrongs and rights. What I think is a RIGHT, may be a WRONG to someone else. To understand this in practical sense at THAT particular moment, is a tough task...atleast for me, it is. There is this one thing I would want to change about myself, but I hardly can. I want not to react, not to take someonez side in a conversation, not to present my point of view until asked for, not to justify and to judge the right and wrong for someone else. I know I have a difficult task at hand here but for my peace of mind, I need to work on it. I practised something for few days that helped me to an extent : Wait for 10 minutes before you react, anything happy,sad or angry, but wait before you react. It sobers you down and you do the RIGHT thing. I noticed one disadvantage but. Although I followed restraint, deep down I would get pissed and irritated with the situation and it will affect me in a more nasty manner. I would feel all bottled up. I think the perfect solution for such a situation wud be if I could not react in a certain immediate manner and also keep the negatives away from me. You may term it is a NEW YEAR RESOLUTION or what, but I need to stop being reactive coz I see it is more destructive than constructive. I am a happy person otherwise but THIS part of my attitude wastes my positive energy and I don't want to lose on the precious time and energy of my life. I am not looking for advice here. I know I mention it all the time.But then, if there is a practical way to deal with it, I would like to know it. Else, the statements like 'Take it easy' and 'All will be well' are a part of my life too, don't give anymore of them to me. :) When I used to bottle it up, it affected my health and now when I react, it does affect me. Are we all the same when it comes to reacting to something we think is wrong? Do we all stand up for our rights? Is it at the end of the day RIGHT to stand up for it, when all you get at the end of the day is stress? I love to live my life with smiles,happiness and loads of fun like everyone else does. So, I am gonna work towards just THIS aspect of my attitude this coming year so I am a better person than who I am today. I cannot change what's around me, so I will try changing what's inside me. This Punjabi streak in me, makes me more prone to losing my temper but I will fix it for sure. Not that I will stop taking a stand but then, I should make it subtle rather than aggressive. This is my Resolution for myself and for the people who love me. :) Here is my favourite quote from How I met your mother : You think you have only two choices when you are angry : Give it back to the person OR Swallow your anger... but therez a third choice.. LET IT GO...and when you do that ..then its really gone and you move on!!!

48 comments:

Sunny December 26, 2008 at 12:20 PM  

Sachii???? Aakhir tune meri baat maan hi li.... ;)
Very wise decision.......
Hope u stick to it.... Waisey main rahunga tujhe yaad dilaney ke liye....

Me December 26, 2008 at 12:22 PM  

Haan sachchi!! :)

I thought abt it a lot...and I think enuff of fighting...and crying. Better use that energy for something good.

Hope I stick to it...thanks...be there to remind me.

Yamini Meduri December 26, 2008 at 1:18 PM  

GOOD DECISION..!!!

hope you will keep it for ever...!!!

all the best dear...!!!

Me December 26, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

Thanks Yamini... I will try and give it my best shot ;)

VagaBond December 26, 2008 at 1:32 PM  

Y change yourself for others???

Me December 26, 2008 at 1:41 PM  

@Born Vagabond
I am doing it for myself, for my peace of mind and my happiness coz I want to direct my good energy to positive things.

It will affect the otherz around me for sure too. :)

Itz never too late to identify ur shortcomings and work on them.

VagaBond December 26, 2008 at 1:54 PM  

Y so Serioussss??? :)
kuch nahi hota yaar...after some time u will realize ki people luv d way u r!! Happy experimenting!!

Me December 26, 2008 at 1:56 PM  

:P

Yeh baat bhi sahi hain, Oye!

Par aaj mere akal mein thodi akal aayi hain...mujhey daraao mat,serious keh key...haha :D

Nikhil Menon December 26, 2008 at 2:13 PM  

das a real good decision and I dun think anyone needs to be advising u further coz ur right on the track..Waiting a while b4 reaction does help,am a better person post doing it.. :)

Happy expermenting!!

Me December 26, 2008 at 2:14 PM  

Oh! Thanks. You boosted my confidence with it. :)

Anonymous,  December 26, 2008 at 8:45 PM  

oye hoye punjabi kuriye...ki resolution lita e?(lolzz)-its really nice of you to recoganise your shortcoming-it is really the the first step towards self recovery!I salute you for that-its a tough job!:)

Anwesa December 26, 2008 at 8:47 PM  

i'm too cool 2 react,but i think each 1 of us has his/her own thot process n we ought 2 respect dat.
happy new year!!!

zirelda December 26, 2008 at 9:28 PM  

I'm a holder inner till I blow up type.

Dan is a blow up and get over it type.

I don't know which is healthier but I respect your wish to change what is inside of you. It's the only thing you can change.

You really are awesome you know that?

Priya Joyce December 26, 2008 at 9:30 PM  

that is some intellegent topic u have picked up

i completely agree

but wen anger comes into the system then people rarely wait and thnk...

and a happy new yr to ya too

Anonymous,  December 27, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

o jee aajkal u dont add comment to my story series...

i wud be happy to receive one....

wishing u a very happy , prosperous and healthy 2009 ...

caught up among studies , wud be back for ddetailed comment on the topic of the post!!

Ashutosh December 27, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

The 'Circle of Influence' theory might be of some help to you, of course provided you're willing to put your head into it.

Check out the following link to get a feel of what it means
http://ashutosh.intheorbit.com/2008/12/circle-of-influence.html

abhishek December 27, 2008 at 3:47 PM  

you know what would be entirely practical and effective...sewing up your mouth every time such a situation comes up :P
and don't forget to post ur pic after u have done it...muhaha
nd i knw those quotes from how i met ur mother...i think they r ted moseby's rt b4 he goes to confront his gf who left him at the marriage alter...hai na??...waise i'm a barney fan wht abt u???

Phoenix December 28, 2008 at 12:00 AM  

hmm i simply love the quote from the movie.. and i like ur add on too.. i think sometimes u just need to give ti back to the person who gives u hell.. no use keeping quite and letting the anger eat you when all i want is to lash out... but letting go is a good option however not a very easy thing to do.. maybe thats a challenge we all must take up!

Arv December 28, 2008 at 5:12 AM  

Wish you the very best mate :)

cheers...

Anonymous,  December 28, 2008 at 5:37 PM  

Be what you are but yes we all can control ourselves sometimes if not always.
Cheers !

Anonymous,  December 28, 2008 at 6:09 PM  

you have been awarded! visit my blog...

Amrita~Ams December 28, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

gud decision yar..
but dont let ur thoughts to go in vain :)

happy new yr!
lucks !

amrita :)

Anonymous,  December 29, 2008 at 5:19 PM  

thats the reflex brain working in the best cognitive way.. cool work with words..

wrote a similar one but on a different take here
http://www.chronicwriter.com/2008/10/245-do-you-have-some-honey.html

do check in your free time

god bless

Anonymous,  December 29, 2008 at 5:19 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous,  December 29, 2008 at 5:19 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aevi December 30, 2008 at 6:00 AM  

aha... thats a wonderful quote... i think u just made a great resolution and m sure u'll find success else sunny to hai hi for remindin :D

have a wonderful new yr

Nidz December 30, 2008 at 10:43 PM  

choose to respond instead of react. all the best for ur new yr resolution. btw i too am fan of HOW i met ur mother

Sneha Shrivastava December 31, 2008 at 2:10 AM  

All the very best for your new year resolution.:)
Happy new Year !!!

Me December 31, 2008 at 4:46 PM  

@ Mithe
Thanks... :) I hope to stick to it.

Me December 31, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

@ Anwesa
I guessed that from your blog. Wish you the same gal.

Me December 31, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

@ Zirelda
Oh! thanks for being so kind to me.

Me December 31, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

@ Nanhi Pari
Chalo pehli baar mainey intelligence ki baat ki. :)

Me December 31, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

@ Nanhi Pari

Wish you a gr8 new year too

Me December 31, 2008 at 4:48 PM  

@ Sam
Wish you a happy new year too.

Me December 31, 2008 at 4:48 PM  

@ Ashutosh
I did read the post and I really loved it. Thanks for sharing it with me.

Me December 31, 2008 at 4:48 PM  

@ Abhishek
Bas, yeh idea tumhara hi ho sakta hain...lol
I am a huge Barney fan... He is awesome... Isn't he? and I love the way he says, Lege...wait for it...its coming...on the way...Dary... :)

You are right abt the quote.

Me December 31, 2008 at 4:48 PM  

@ Raka
Yes, I am trying to take up the challenge.

Me December 31, 2008 at 4:48 PM  

@ La Vida Loca
Wish you the same. Thanks.

Me December 31, 2008 at 4:49 PM  

@ Hobo
Aaoji... Long time..kithey ho??

Me December 31, 2008 at 4:49 PM  

@ Mithe
Thanks for the award.

Me December 31, 2008 at 4:49 PM  

@ Amrita
Yeah! I will try my best Amrita.

Me December 31, 2008 at 4:49 PM  

@Chriz
I read the post and it is really good to be true... Hmm gonna blogroll u.

Me December 31, 2008 at 4:50 PM  

@ Aevi
Haan Sunny toh hain hi... Woh mujhey bhoolney nahi dega... You too have a gr8 new yr.

Me December 31, 2008 at 4:50 PM  

@ Niddzzi
Yeh badi achchi baat kahin tuney yaar.

Me December 31, 2008 at 4:50 PM  

@Sneha
Thankoo yaar... Tera new year badaa hi masst ho.

Anonymous,  January 1, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

hey u dint answer my question, u dont comment this days on my blog....

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital