Shadows of Yesterday - I

Note : When a person is devoid of a holiday, she would indulge in nothing but spinning stories...hehe.. and some poor blog-frenz have to bear the brunt. :) So guys, read up another one from the basket. ;)
"Did you love someone?", she asked with the same glow on her face that people usually dismiss for 'love' or 'a good news on the way'.
"What is the relevance of this question, here?", Sia snapped back with her signature straight-faced look. People in the inner circles knew her for being lively some time back, but that was in the past. Now, she is a woman oozing confidence and authority. People never dared to ask her the forbidden question. But Anu was not amongst 'people' for Sia. She is the only person, Sia shared more than she ever did.
They met when Sia was on a business trip and Anu was holidaying. Since then, they kept in touch and they met for ocassional coffee-outings and dinner to catch up on the all-gals kinda stuff which turned to a routine for them.
Sia preferred to be with Anu coz she was someone Sia did not have to try too hard to be herself with. She was herself in her company. She used to smile and share SOME jokes with her. In short, they were best of friends. Anu always made a point though, never to ask Sia things that made her uncomfortable.
Sia knew that the wine had done too much damage to Anu's senses coz she broke the fence with this question.
"Oh! I just asked. I mean humans do fall in love...don't they?" and she laughed so loud that she attracted a few stares from the others in the restaurant.
Sia knew that this woman was far more drunk than she could handle. They decided to meet today to celeberate Anu's new job and Sia's award for 'A Distinguished Effort at Work". Sia was someone who preferred to stay away from all kind of alcohol-stuff, be it cough syrups.
A question like that did not hold any relevance there but it did cause a tremor inside Sia. She just wanted to pay the bill, drop Anu home and get back to her place, to her music, her books and her space.
"Yeah! They do...but what makes you ask this question?, I thought you did not believe in love", Sia remarked.
"True. I DID not, until last week but I think I have fallen for the forbidden... I am in love... Can't you see?? I am getting compliments for THAT glow on my face", she smiled and colors filled in her cheeks.
"Wow! Must be great for you. I think we should get back to our respective homes now, when you are so drunk and lost."
"Nopes. You did not reply. Did you love someone??"
Sia held her breath, she could not lie to Anu...She just could not and she did not want her to know the truth even.
"I...I...well...ummm". And she was interrupted by a male voice.

"Hello gals, seems someone is having all the fun without me". There was this handsome man walking towards them. Sia had never seen him but she could tell with the spark in her friend's eyes that he was the ONE.

"Uhuh... AJ... You here??", Anu straightened up a bit in an effort to not let him know that she was already down with too much wine.

"Yeah... I was out with friends here. This is a great place. Enjoy yourselves, gals. I gotta rush, just came in to say 'Hi'..."

"He is pretty good looking.", Sia winked at Anu, once the man under consideration left.

"Is he?? Oh! I am glad you like him".

Sia was happy for her friend but then there was something awkward about people in love, she just could not hold on to them for long and this thought scared her to her wits' end.

Once she was back home, she thought about THAT question. How long will she try and shoo away such questions from her closest friend?? It will not work for long. She must know. "I will tell her soon", she thought to herself as she turned off the bed-side lamp.

"He proposed to me last nite and I told him that I do love him, but he needs to meet you .Coz after all, my dear Sia, you are all I have in the name of family", Anu called after a week or so.

"When do we meet?"

"Tonite"

"Fine. I have something to tell you. I think it is time I answer some of your questions, now when we are the best of friends. I will talk to you tonite so let us meeting half-an-hour before the scheduled time. Me and you will get sometime for ourselves too."

Sia wanted to say it all today... She wanted to let go coz she knew she wud never be able to do it again ever. It required a lot of courage which she would never be able to gather again.

Sia reached as decided on the venue and she was a little taken aback when Anu arrived late and that too with her fiancee. Anu apologized with a look without saying anything.

Sia knew it must have been something urgent. She smiled at her but her smile faded when she saw HIM. He came along with the couple she had a date with.

11 comments:

peter December 9, 2008 at 8:44 PM  

nice one :D

waise wtf is wrng wid my updates it shows ur posts only when they become stale :((

and OMG i saw my description in ur blogrolled list ...thnaku thnku :D

Phoenix December 9, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

hmm beautiful as ever,,, i like this opening with a girl-girl thing.. it reminds me strangely like you and me.. im too embarrassed to admit in case i am wrong... but really im too impressed by the opening to be able to coherently comment on anything more...

waiting for more about HIM

Anonymous,  December 9, 2008 at 9:21 PM  

Wow wow, somebody gets into story writing mode :)

let the mystery unfold and let the surreal story turn up to the magic :)

Anwesa December 9, 2008 at 11:09 PM  

so story-teller,dat was interesting enuf.nxt part soon plzzz..n is sia ur favourite name?

Anonymous,  December 9, 2008 at 11:30 PM  

I love to write stories but I need a partner.
;)

muZer December 10, 2008 at 12:11 AM  

Ahaa,, tatzz quite a story,, enjoyed readin.. :-)

Anonymous,  December 10, 2008 at 7:00 AM  

Waiting for part II...let me guess...may be this guy was the person of Sia's past!

Anonymous,  December 10, 2008 at 7:02 AM  

//ANd thanks for following my blog:)//

abhishek December 10, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

hmm...nice start...looking forward to the next one...

Phoenix December 11, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

cmmon the next part please.....

zirelda December 12, 2008 at 8:52 AM  

Ahhh, had I not read the second part first I would have wanted to know who...

:)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital