50 THINGS THAT MADE 2008 THE WAY IT WAS

is my message for the year gone by. I have been reading many posts about the year gone by and how people have bravely accepted their faults and achievements. Before I start with my post, I want to thank all of you guys for sharing your 2008 experience on the blog. I have learnt a thing or two from your posts too. :) Okay, so looking back to the past one year is the IN thing on the bloggersville and keeping up with the trend, I have few things I would want to share too. Ahem...Okay! I have shared my whole year with all of you post by post but there are things I would want to just highlight so one day when I look back at this post, I will have enuff reasons to tell myself about things I may forget in the coming year, things that made a difference to my life in one or the other way. It was a mixed year for me as always... That's so cliche... Life is all abt that...Isn't it?? Anyways, let me start with the good and bad stuff that happened to me... coz its always gud to end on a beautiful note. :) The 50 things that made 2008 what it was: 1. My travel to Hong Kong : The Nasal and Oral Truths guy I found there is my most disastrous discovery ;). Then again, my AIR-INDIA ka safar was so pathetic, the flight got delayed for 10 hrs. I starved for the whole day until I reached India coz there was nothing veggie at HK airport. This experience, am gonna remember forever. I met a sex-starved Saudi Arabian molestor on my way to the airport. The flight delay was responsible for my meeting with three wonderful men : Mr. Singh (An ex-Army officer) who has a wonderful family and we are still in touch ON and OFF, a Spicejet pilot and a Merchant Navy officer. They made me feel comfortable with their caring attitude and chivalry. I will always be thankful to them. 2. Rustam, My German Shepherd came into our lives. Happy Singh and Rustam became a team and I love them. 3. Bomb blasts in the month of May in Jaipur. 4. India Premier League kept us all glued to the televisions. I would stay awake to see Punjab XI win and Kolkatta Knight Riders lose.I would cheer for Preity and her team. It was pure fun. Kings XI Punjab lost it in the semi-finals for India Premier League. 5. Happy Singh chewed on my iPod earphones in the month of July. Sunny gifted me a pair of new earphones two months after that. :) 6. I understood that it is normal to be imperfect. 7. I attended a stupid Time Management Training where the trainer arrived late. :) 8. I had some great discussions with Mom on marriage, dowry and weight. Some of them were bitter and some of them were sweet. 9. In the month of July, I was diagnosed with TYPHOID and it kept me bed-ridden for long. 10. I met a victim of domestic violence. 11. There was another blast in the month of July in Ahmedabad. 12. I realized in the month of August that I missed on true love when it came knocking on my doors. :) 13. I became a big-big Sufi fan, although I was an okay fan earlier. 14. Mom and Maamu met each other and they realized how much they love each other. The brother-sister duo is an example for me and I am sure I will always love my 3 kid bros, the way Mom loves Maamu. 15. I read many good books and Sunny gifted me most of them. 16. I forgave something from my past in the month of August and realized that forgiving makes you feel lighter. 17. I was selected by Society of Women Engineers (World) to deliver a lecture and workshop in US. 18. I found some people I really don't want to be a part of my life reading my blog and sooner, I realized it is immature to think so and I have no issues even if they read me or not. 19. One of my very good frenz thought a fiction story by me was about her and she cut all ties with me after that. I tried my best explaining that it is based on so many people I know and is a general point of view and situation and not about her but still, she did not accept my apology. Although, I still feel I did not write it about her. I hope we are back together in the coming year coz she is special for me and will always be. 20. Another blast, now in Delhi, in the month of September and I was shell-shocked. 21. I had fun going thru the matrimony proposals, some of them were so hilarious...hehe. 22. I accepted my dream to adopt a gal-child and be a single-mother with its pros and cons. 23. I delivered my first virtual training with a really funny guy as my co-instructor in September and followed with many such trainings and appreciation mails for the same all through the year. 24. I started my walking-regime once I recovered from Typhoid in the month of October. 25. I joined Yoga classes but left after few months coz the instructor asked me to do an exercise where I had to drink 2 litres hot water and puke it....haha 26. I started loving blogging and people kept reading me, no matter if I was worth-reading or not. :) I should be thankful for that...haha 27. I met Zirelda,Sneha,Raka,Skeeter,Nanhi Pari,Niddzzi,Pagli Mads,Bindaas Peter,Anwesa and many more people who I could gel with and all of them are special to me. 28. I contributed to a new blog with the blogger-buddies gang. It was closed later due to some reasons. 29. I discovered that I have a love for art and I can be a good interior decorator, atleast for my house. 30. Diwali was memorable this year too. 31. I penned two love-stories and people did not kill themselves after reading them so I believe they were tolerable enuff. :) 32. I got to know about Emotional Adultery and it was a great thing I discussed it with you guys on the blog. 33. I realized that despite all my imperfections, I am worthy of love. 34. I met Raka over the blog and chat. She became my really special friend and I feel proud to know her. 35. I sent flowers to my close friend and he kinda did not even thank me for that, so I was a lil pissed. Later, I chose to forget abt it. 36. I saw some really good movies in Hindi and English both and some of them, influenced me. 37. Raka surprised me with a Birthday post and so did Niddzzi,Mads and Peter, they came up with such a beautiful poem and I have saved all these posts so I can look at them anytime I miss the fun in my life. :) 38. My US travel for the conference got cancelled and I learnt how to take the biggest let-downs in your stride. 39. I was awarded many a times by my blogger frenz on the blog and I am such a lazy person, I did even bother to award them ever.Huh! 40. I had a really really great bday this year. Thanks to all my frenz and family. I realized that nothing n no-one can replace ur family. 41. I found 2 really good frenz this year. I am thankful to god for that. 42. I was slapped on my bottom by a man on the road but I did not give up on my courage to get back on the road the very next day for my walk. Thanks to the way everyone encouraged me on the blog. 43. I became more health-conscious and lost some weight too. I learnt to understand my body and work-out accordingly. 44. The biggest incident was the MUMBAI 26/11. It affected me really bad and I am never going to forget it for sure. 45. I talked and talked at length on my blog and it pissed off some people really bad....lol 46. I discovered a new term - Blogger Hypocrisy and came across live examples. 47. I met few people who had a negative attitude yet did not let it affect me. 48. I also came across a sicko and did all that I could do to teach him a lesson. 49. I realized that my biggest weakness is to REACT and I made a resolution that I will try and be in control. 50. Me and Raka came up with an idea of an all-females blog and well, it is going to be opened for all on the first day of 2009. We are going to have some really wonderful gals writing over there and I am anyways a big fan of all the blog-authors there. Pics : http://www.bankersonline.com/postcard/pictures/goodbye1.jpg

50 comments:

Anonymous,  December 31, 2008 at 6:29 PM  

great experiences... happy new year and am back to bloggerville tonyte

Anonymous,  December 31, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

wow! good sum up of the blog year... as well as your life!Lovely(and not so lovely-lolz) insights:)
Have a rocking year ahead!!!

Phoenix December 31, 2008 at 10:27 PM  

awwwww you mentioned me... yay!!

* prancing up and down with glee*

the new blog will rock harshi bcz we were the brainchild of it :)


this time i wont let anything ruin it.. and its a promise and surely no negativity hovering around.. :)


*hugs*

wishing you a very happy new year!!!

Arv December 31, 2008 at 11:00 PM  

now that was one awesome way to sign out of 2008 :)

have a lovely 2009 mate.. cheers...

Mads December 31, 2008 at 11:51 PM  

hehe nice way to sum up 2008 :D
happy new year!! :-)
and i sincerely hope ur joint blog is a success :-)

abhishek January 1, 2009 at 1:01 AM  

kya raapchik gana lagaya hai...anyway have a happy new year

Sneha Shrivastava January 1, 2009 at 8:13 AM  

So sweet of you sweety.:)
happy new year sweetheart.:)

Anwesa January 1, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

a gud recap indeed!!may lots of love,life n lamborghini come ur way this year!!!!

Nikhil Menon January 1, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

Great!!an account of a year tht was cudn ever be told in a better way..

And yeah,life has those rose tinted moments as well as the grey ones,where it might take u for a toss.Self belief,which I ges u have in loads has got u out of all trouble which is awesome..

"The best new year post in ma blogroll.." Thanks for sharing all of it.. :)

take care.. :)

... January 1, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

You are a one-(wo)man Newspaper! :)

Missed many of your posts due to new job responsibilities, but this recap episode made up of the misses.. LoL..

Keep writing...

VagaBond January 1, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

Wow!! u remembered everything....Kya Baat hai!!:P

... January 1, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

Errr..... Happy New Year!

Anonymous,  January 1, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

Happy new year harshita....Have a great year!!

Rahul Bajpai January 1, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

Wish you a very happy new year.

Richa January 2, 2009 at 12:29 AM  

hey partner in crime ;)

m glad to have discovered u, heard a lot bout u from raka though :D

this blog is rockin n i m glad u have more of blues than the reds..

Have a rockin yr ahead!!
C u aroun at our girl lounge ;)

Haritha P Singh January 2, 2009 at 2:27 AM  

hey nice yar...u kept a note of d 50 things

gr8


do visit ma blog n cpmment..as iam commentoholic..hehhe

haritha
www.arenaoflife.blogspot.com

La vida Loca January 2, 2009 at 3:01 AM  

v happy new year..
and interesting post...

Anil Sawan January 2, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

wow, u actually wrote 50 notes!!!!
thnx, i was pretty bored at office :P

Happy New Year girlie. and wut wus the conference about? [the one in which u were invited to speak].

Air-India, seems like it is the only affordable airways these days :P

Have a wonderful new year hursh, kep your smile intact. may you succeed in all your ventures and may dreams spread light around you.

Skeeter January 2, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

Very well said. What a great way to ring in the new year by honoring the old. love it!

Best wihes,

Skeeter

Nikhil Menon January 2, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

Ur awarded sweetie..do check out.. :)

zirelda January 2, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

This is a great summary, a good way to remember what was and a mark for what will be.

:) Happy New Year Harshita!

Nidz January 3, 2009 at 12:57 AM  

:) u have patience gal..
long post but a perfect summary..

I met a victim of domestic violence.
elaborate.. a post on it huh? is it already thr??

Amrita~Ams January 3, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

u written every thing....nice experience...

nyways happy new yr :)

Manish Raj January 3, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

Hi Harshita

I came to your blog through a friend's blog and I liked your writing.

Keep it going..Happy New Year.

Anonymous,  January 4, 2009 at 10:45 PM  

Wishing peace & prosper 2009.
Amen !

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

@Chriz
Thanks. Welcome back.

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

@Mithe
Thanks.. U too have a bindaas year ahead.

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

@ Raka
I can see the new blog shining... :) Lets hope we help people in some way and njoy ourselves also at the same time thru it.

You are a very special part of my last year, this year and coming years so u had to be here.

Wish you a great new year too.

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

@ Arv
Thanks. Wish you a great 2009 too.

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

@ Pagli Mads
Thanks a lot. Ab tumney keh diya toh ho hi jaayega... Life kya hain?? Thodi is SHIT FOR TAT or aati jaati FEMME FATALE...haha

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:16 PM  

@ Abhishek
Raapchik logon ke liye raapchik gaana :)
Tumhara bhi naya saal masst ho bilkul

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:16 PM  

@Sneha
Arey meethi meethi ladki... I mean sweetie... wish u the same.

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:16 PM  

@Anwesa
Thanks. Wish you loads of happiness and success in the coming years.

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:16 PM  

@MutiMenon
Thanks a lot for making me feel honored. I am learning from your life too. U take care.

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

@ Girijesh
Haha... Wish you all the best for the new responsibilities. Wish you a happy new year too.

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

@Born Vagabond
Oye! tennu vi meri tarfo Happy new year...

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

@Sam
Thanks. You have a great year too.

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

@ Rahul
Wish u a happy new year too... Ur Mannu post rocks!!

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

@ Richa
Hey Mogambo!! hahaha...(We are partners in crime naa)

Raka does not knw how wicked am I... :) She is too kind.

Yeah! I am glad too abt the blues(only in color)... :)

U have a masst n bindaas year ahead.

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

@ haritha
I am gonna blogroll you. :)

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

@ La Vida Loca
Thanks.. wish u a happy new year too.

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

@ Sawan
Haanji... sabkey boriyat ko duur karney ke liye hi rabb ne mujhey bheja hain....haha

The Conference is a yearly event which invites women from all over the world working in the field of engineering and I had to speak about Women Managers and Emotional Intelligence there.

I prefer Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong but then, it was sadly not available.

U have a beautiful year too.

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

@Skeeter
Thanks Skeeter. Wish you a happy new year.

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

@ Multimenon.
Thanks for the award.

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

@ Zirelda
Thanks Z. Wish you a happy new year too.

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

@ Niddzzi
Haha... patience nahi yaar.. yeh badaa zaruri tha... warna main 2009 mein bolti... 2008 bhi itna hi bura tha... abhi atleast I will get back to this post and it will remind ki...Harshita Jhoot Mat bolo :)

Yes, I did a post names "Have you ever loved a woman" . It is related to domestic violence..

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

@Ams
Thanks.. Wish you a happy new year... I want to read more of u... so I blogrolled u.

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

@ Manish Raj
Hi Manish

Thanks for your wishes... I am reading your blog too.

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

@ Yamini
Thanks a lot. You are spoling me.

Me January 5, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

@Hobo
Kahan gayab ho? Happy New Year.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital