Courage is 'HER'

My friend 'I' asked me," Why do me and you have all the problems in our lives and everyone else has a smooth go at life"? I did not know what to say, she was right when she said that coz she has seen a lot in life. It does piss you off when everyone else is having a great time while life is screwing you hard. We both have been friends for more than 7 years now and we have seen each other grow as individuals. We have had our share of downs... and yeah! not to forget the balancing ups. :) Her dad is suffering from Bone Cancer and nothing is working for him. Even the chemotherapy is not able to relieve him from the pain he goes thru everyday. Seeing your parents go thru pain is the worst that can happen to anyone. :( She is going through it for past 4 yrs almost and I have been a witness to HER pain all thru. She has been the strength and pride of her parents. To manage it all (work,home,hospitals), is not an achievable task but she does it everyday with that smile on her face which tells life,"I am not going to get tired.No, I will not give it up".Full of life, is how I remember her and this is how I relate to her. A beautiful person with an amazing sense of humor is a rare find and she is just that. I remember how we both used to walk on the hostel terrace every nite after dinner under the starry sky and dream of a great future for each other. We both dreamt of making our parents proud and doing something so when we grow old and look back, we wud not regret the life we lived. Jokes,Masti, Chotey-Motey Jhagdey aur Khatti-Meethi baatein, we had an amazing bond and now, when I see her go thru all the pain, I just want to give her a warm hug and tell her,"Oye! Sardarni, Main hoon naa yaar, Tu fikar naa kari...Aiss mushkil nu vi asi chhadaangey nahi, aidee vi kamar tod deyangey..."(Oye! I am always there for you. Lets break the spine of this problem too and move on). I wish I cud make it all vanish for her so she could smile the way she did earlier, so she cud dream again, so she cud live life the way she wanted to.... When I look at her, I feel ashamed of all those people who tell me that life is a pain and blah blah... coz not able to look good, not able to find a boyfriend, not able to be famous, not able to score marks etc are not at all problems worthy enough to be losing hope for....if you look at her. I salute her for her spirit for living it up even when life is messing it up for her. SHE is what I call a brave woman, a woman of substance...Braving all odds, she is facing life and fighting a new battle everyday... She does not even know that I blog so shez not going to read this one ever and good that she will not, coz it wud embarass me. Some friendships are such, where you don't express but you still love each other, where you don't voice it but you still stand by each other... We share such a bond... Today, thru this piece of writing I just want to share what comes to my mind every nite when I pray for her dad in my night prayers.. I go thru all these thoughts every nite almost.... But,the more I know of her... I tell myself...."No I will try not to crib anymore...Life is beautiful... Yeah it is.. Despite all its lows,it is good enuff to live and smile thru." We should consider ourselves blessed for all that we have. I request you all to pray for her dad... I truly believe Prayers can do what Science cannot.

19 comments:

Anonymous,  January 29, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

prayers sure brings answers...

God be with her dad

Anonymous,  January 29, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

prayers sure brings answers...

God be with her dad

Anil Sawan January 29, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

may her spirits bring her what she wish most. may my words echo her prayers. may her smile the way she always did. may you and I see her family back on track soon.

Nikhil Menon January 29, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

paryers will surely bring answers..they will.. :) god bless her daddy.. :)

U too take care,coz I care..
hows u now btw??als ok rite?? :)

Nikhil

Amrita~Ams January 29, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

u damn lucky to find a frnd lyk..her such ppl r rare to find..
seriously..
"Prayers can do what Science cannot" right!

nyways..how r u now??

Anonymous,  January 29, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

Courage is definitely "her"...
May god bless her dad with good health soon and give her all the courage thats needed!

Arv January 29, 2009 at 11:59 AM  

I could relate to her pain to an extent as I went through a similar experience watching my dad battle against it everyday... Am glad she is strong and smiling cos she is the one that anchors them in their grief...
I would pray and wish for things to take a good turn in her life... God bless her family...

you take care... cheers...

Richa January 29, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

ur frnd is really a courage!! My salutations for her..

May God bless is dad..

Suresh Kumar January 29, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Reminds me of my aunt's daughter. But unlike ur friend, its a testing time for her. Her father had a heart attack and told to take a long rest. She has a mother who rarely comes out of the house. Suddenly the whole responsibility has fallen on the young shoulders and I hope she finds the same courage as your friend has.

Salutes to all such great souls.

abhishek January 29, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

I really salute your friend

She's lucky to have a friend as you who only spreads happiness and hope around her.

Anwesa January 29, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

yes dear!the power of prayer is great.i pray for your frnd.n u too sound gr8 in d post.keep up urs n her spirit like this.

Phoenix January 29, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

prayers will be answered.. i will surely pray for her and her father

Anonymous,  January 29, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

Amen and may GOD bless your friend's father and get him on road of recovery!!

And an ode to you too for such a noble gesture.

Dewdrop January 29, 2009 at 10:46 PM  

There is a lot of healing power in collective prayer... Hope your friend's dad gets well soon... and yes... may she have the strength of patience and faith!

zirelda January 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM  

I truly believe that our experiences in life make us into better humans.

With that being the case, she is bound to be full of good character as you are.

Prayers for her father.

And don't ever regret what you do in life. Regret is an unworthy emotion when you live your life as well as you can.

Ashutosh January 29, 2009 at 11:49 PM  

// "No I will try not to crib anymore...Life is beautiful... Yeah it is.. Despite all its lows,it is good enuff to live and smile thru." //

Great ending statements there...pretty much the essence of life...how beautiful life would be if each one of us could think on similar terms..

Yamini Meduri January 29, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

definite prayers for her Dad...hope he will get well soon..!!

we are here for little prayers though, but the little drops can make a river of pure water....so, her dad wil be well soon...dont worry..!!

Skeeter January 30, 2009 at 11:09 AM  

Hi Harshita,

I definitely agree. Prayer can do things that science can't. Your friend is a remarkable person and a great example of courage.

Best wishes to her and her father,

Skeeter

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital