Let's screw life... ;)

I donno if I spent my last year sleepwalking or what, but then a lot happened that affected me in good and bad. The eye-opener came up today when I discussed everything with my managers for my performance rating. I got what I expected coz this time I did not expect to be among the top-contributors.I am one of those persons who believe that we can lie to the whole world, give them excuses but we can never lie to ourselves. I cannot lie to my ownself ever. Last year was full of complications in terms of my professional life, I was badly pulled into a political mud-fight in office during the start of 2008 and I knew right there that some people will definitely make sure that I go down deep into the dungeon and they did. I had to lose it all and I left my team coz I had no choice but to move on. I joined a new team and there was no good work there and soon I fell sick and typhoid clung to me so hard that it almost shook up all the foundations. Finally, I was called back to my ex-team and there were diff ground-rules that were defined this time and I had to abide by them to hold myself together in the team. I did. I lost the motivation factor but I kept smiling thru what I hated to do. :) I was always adamant that I did not want to give trainings but I did. I started giving Product trngs and soon, I got appreciations coming from every nook and corner. Okay, I did it but I did not love it. Today my managers told me, "Harshita, your biggest strength is your communication, they way you share what you know and you talk to people, you win them over and we wanted to exploit that and that is the reason that you have been giving trainings"... Soon after that, I asked myself, "Why did not I realize my worth, dammit?" Why do we never realize our own talents and strengths??...damn! Altleast I never do. My journey has been similar always, right from my skool days. My teachers discovered that I cud dance and made me dance in a skool festival. Another teacher discovered I could be a good speaker and she pushed me into public speaking in English, later a hindi teacher realized I cud do justice to Hindi too and I was the lead representative everywhere from my skool for Hindi Public Speaking events...These teachers made me believe I could do it and I kept doing it, winning and leading. I never realized I was good enough. After school, in college, my seniors discovered I could sing "My heart will go on" on stage when Celine was not available. :) I did.They discovered I could sing and they made me sing on stage year after year and I won there too. A friend discovered I could compere like no one can... and he pushed me into compering and I did excel. I never thought I wud ever be a good manager but then they made me the President of the Technical Fest and I did it. Again, I never thought I wud clear my first job exam but Inder did. She pushed me to for it and I did it. In my first job at Satyam, I never thought I cud be an excellent performer but my manager believed in me and I did it. While healing from a long sickness, I never thought I wud be able to stand up and make it but my mother believed it. And I made it. When I gave my intw for the world's biggest MNC, I did not believe I wud make it but my dad did and I made it... ;) All this makes me think, I only acted the way I cud when put in a situation, just to survive and I ask myself "Why the hell I did not know that I cud do all these things?", "Why its always others find it for me?", "Why don't I know myself so well like others do?" I mean why is it always that someone else realizes the talent in us and helps us bring it forward, why can't we just... you know... be the first person to know that?? CONFUSING!! But one thing is clear, I need to realize my potential and work towards it... today, I made a list of things I think I can do and things I think I can't do and then am gonna do everything that I think I can't do....one by one and see if I still can't do them. ;) The more people push me down, the more I get motivated to prove them wrong and today, I have decided am gonna do that this year for sure.Although I don't love what I do to earn for my bills but then, my funda is - lets do it with enthusiasm if you anyways have to do it. One thing is for sure, I have been under-estimating myself a lot all these years, its high time I get up and tell myself that its not only Survival Instinct that I have, but I have the capability to excel. I am not over-confident but I have to be confident for sure.... Today marks a new beginning for me in a new way... Lets do things you think you can't do and see the pleasure and sense of satisfaction it brings... Come on! I thought I wud never be able to sail but I did with the whales jumping here n there in Pacific Ocean... haha... I thought I wud never take escalators, I did. I thought I will jump off a plane, I did not...hehe.. I think as soon as we start overpowering the state of mind which says, "I can't do it" and replace it with "I can do it"....everything falls into place. YOU CAN DO IT, IF ONLY YOU THINK YOU CAN!! is the mantra... The era of under-estimating myself ends right here, right now. Time to gear up and shout it out aloud: "Here I come and I am nothing but the best, so people watch out". lol ;)
To put it in the best manner as Mountain Dew guys keep rubbing it on us with the punch-line :
DARR KE AAGEY, JEET HAIN!! ;)
P.S. I love PMS, it makes you think, think and think....wow!
Pics : http://www.quotesarcade.com/graphics/motivation/motivation_quotes_graphics.shtml

44 comments:

Anonymous,  January 12, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

purisuit of happiness... that is right from the bottom of your heart...

pin on girl..

keep rocking...

Nikhil Menon January 12, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

Now,that's a truckload of positive energy.that was an awesome one..And the timing was super perfect..!! :D

Maybe its time for all of us to sit back and reflect on all that constitutes US.

Take Care..
Keep smiling..
Nikhil

Rahul January 12, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

Its absolutely not how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit !!!! ...Awesome introspection you have done here... :)

peter January 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

My teachers and my frnds too discovered so many thngs in me :D

We alwys have those latent talents :P
someone needs to explore it or at least make us realize that we can do it \:d/

so yeah let's make a list of all those thngs we think we can't do and the thngs we can do,let's keep trying on the thngs we can't do and see if really in the end we can't really do the thngs we think we can't do :D

I loved this part :D :D :D

Yamini Meduri January 12, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

wow....i have read about the positive energy that you spread many a times from your friends...but dear you proved it to me today...!!!!

it was a great post...!!!

you are right...DAR KE AAGE JEET HAI

Anonymous,  January 12, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

Jeet ke aage ?

Me January 12, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

Jeet ke aage... ek aur darr... aur fir jeet ;)

Nidz January 12, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

mazza aagaya post padhke. u rock.. see u can do so many things. u r different from other. u r blessed and u counted ur blessings.. bas isi tarah aage bhadte raho and wth ur good communicative skill motivate us too whn we fall ..

Anwesa January 12, 2009 at 6:01 PM  

a very lively post gal.i luvd 2 read it.in order 2 pep u up still more,i'm gonna post something on my blog in d next post.b confident n i'm alwez der 2 see u smile.

Ashutosh January 12, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

Your post reminds me of a few golden words someone had once conveyed to me and my life was never the same thereafter..In no uncertain terms, the person said "The most dangerous place for someone to be in is his/her comfort zone. Make sure you never slip into your comfort zone even for a single second in a day."...Towards the end of the post, you've presented similar thoughts in a different manner...The more we challenge ourselves, laugh at ourselves when we fail, make fun of ourselves, the more fearless we would become.. Ultimately its only when we step into the unknown, that we realise our true potential..

A thoroughly inspiring post...Keep it up!

abhishek January 12, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

baap re baap...ladki ke under to talent kut-kut ke bhara hua hai...waise a word of advice...ladki itni aankh na maar ladko ko galat signal milte hai ;)...good luck with ur pursuit of things you can do

Anil Sawan January 12, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

:) seems like 2009 is gona be really interesting for you! all the very best for all your ventures.

Anonymous,  January 12, 2009 at 8:06 PM  

Haar ke baad jeet, daar ke aage jeet and then haar aur daar ko nikal feko!!

victory is all ours!!

Phoenix January 12, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

Why do we never realize our own talents and strengths??...damn! Alt least I never do.<<<


its ot just you its me too..but i dont think i will ever find the courage to never under-estimate myself... but i can promise to try... your the warrior of light harshi.. you conquer the darkness and come out triumphs thats your USP :)

Anonymous,  January 13, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

Nice write up and very true too..
But its not only you..happens to many...so join the group:)
liked it a lot...ill give that a.....10!

U can call me your attorney January 13, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

darr ke aage jeet hai :)
good to go gal!! cheers!! great thoughts of self realisation

Mads January 13, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

this was a damn insightful post...thats really nice the way other people find out ur talents n bring out the best in u.its so happens that u dont know how good u are and u often need others to tell u how good u are !! :-)

keep that positive energy flowing, gal :D :D \:D/

Femin Susan January 14, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

Hi,
Congratulations....Your posting is very interesting...Keep writing.....

Arv January 14, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

Sometimes it takes a lil more effort from life to make us understand what we can really do... I always believe that as long as we step up to the occasion, things are ok :)

walk on....

oh, lol @ ur p.s. :P

Skeeter January 14, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

Hi Harshita!

Glad to hear that people at your work are appreciating your talents and skills. It's one of those human things, not being able to see our own skills and talents. You have the chance now to see your best abilities through the eyes of others and you can take a minute to think of how to improve even more. Congrats. Great job and excellent writing!

Best wishes,

Skeeter

Anonymous,  January 14, 2009 at 8:57 PM  

As long a ssomebody does recognise it and we are given an outlet for it! Lovely, HARSHITA...all the best for the future...
PS: I loved the use of a common slogan in a unique way at the end...:)

zirelda January 14, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

You are truly an inspiration Harshita.

You go. And check off that list one by one as you let us know what it is that you thought you couldn't do but can.

Cause you can.

Me January 16, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

@ Nikhil
Aaho! zyada hi positive ho gayi energy :) You too keep smiling.

Me January 16, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

@ Rahul
Thanks... I agree with that one liner of urs.

Me January 16, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

@ Peter
hehe... zyada sochney se yehi hota hain.

Me January 16, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

@Yamini
Thanks.. my friends are being too kind to me... :)

Me January 16, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

@ Niddzzi
rabb karey tum ab toh fall naa hi karo... ek kaafi thi taang todney ko... :) fir bhi I will catch u if you fall again...

Me January 16, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

@ Anwesa
Thanks so much Anwesa...Tht was a wonderful post.

Me January 16, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

@ Ash
Aha! ab isi naam se bulaaoongi main...achcha hain...
I discussed these words with my family in our gathering and they loved what tht person told u and trust me it did change me a bit...Thanks for sharing them.

Me January 16, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

@ Abhishek
Ab sab ladkey tumhari tarah nahi hain... tum bina diye bhi apna signal pakad letey ho...hahaha... ;)

Me January 16, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

@ Sawan
Yeah seems its gonna be interesting. Thanks.

Me January 16, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

@ Sam
Jeet lengey hum.

Me January 16, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

@ Raka
We all have the capability to fight the dark and come out shining.

Me January 16, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

@ Pagli Mads...
Behtey Behtey positive energy beh gayi...

Me January 16, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

@La Vida Loca
Yeah...:)

Me January 16, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

@ Arv
I am walking... tk care

Me January 16, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

@ Skeeter
Thanks so much... Your appreciation means a lot.

Me January 16, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

@Mithe
You are so right... thnks.

Me January 16, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

@Zirelda
Come on... u r an inspiration urself... :) Thanks for motivating me.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital