Ek Aur Khoobsurat Saal Zindagi Ka :)

2009 is IN and 2008 made a graceful exit. Happy New Year, everyone. There were no specific celebrations at home. Last year Dec 31st was different,we had a house party, all frenz came in. They got drunk, high and puked almost everywhere in the house. :) Mom warned us against such parties in future. She lost all her good furnishing stuff then. Guys puked on quilts, blankets, pillows, almost everywhere...lol This year we planned a small get-together but my best friend's husband(also my friend) played a spoilsport and we had to cancel it all. I saw some TV, we all had a family dinner and then I slept by the time smses started pouring in. One thing I made sure this Dec 31st was to thank everyone who made it special for me thru a personalized sms. I think everyone loves to receive/read an sms that is especially meant for them and is not some forwarded sms.

I sent ecards to my old friends. It is good in a way, coz generally the email remains the same even if the phone numbers change so one can communicate better. Some of them responded with a thank you while others did not see them at all. I am sure they are still in vacation mood. Jan 1, our housemaid went on a undeclared leave and I had to do the dishes and cleaning as Mom is not well. She can hardly stand for more than 15 mins as there is some joint issue she is being treated for. Damn! its bad coz Mom lost almost 9 kgs through walking and exercise and now she is not able to go for her most-loved walks. I am sure she will be fine with some good physiotherapy aur baaki MAIN HOON NAA!! It is a superstition that you spend whole year doing things you do on first day of the year...hahaha...I hope it does not apply to me in this case though... I have had enuff of cleaning stuff. :) I was working on Jan 1 for my organization and I wish to be lucky enuff to have this job for the rest of the year. I see that I have no trng schedules or project committments after February. It is not scary but still a bit alarming as nothing new is coming in but I am optimistic, there will be work for everyone in the team. My ratings are due for this year and I have a call this friday. I know they are not going to be good this year as I was down with typhoid but I am glad that whatever work I did, I got good feedback for that. Hope it helps. I have no high expectations though. I know I have not been an excellent performer this year coz we did not have much work coming in but all that I did, I did with full honesty and conviction. Rest, we will see. :) Uhuh!! I am waiting for some of my friends to come back from their vacations so we can talk abt many things. BTW, for my resolution, I blew my plug yesterday and I did shout but there is a good thing : I did not carry it for too long in my mind, I simply cut short the conversation, made peace with the person & myself and I told him "See, we are diff people and we tend to fight. Please don't instigate me with the shitty stuff u say abt me else I will react and I dont want to. I want us to be happy and pally as we are". It WORKED :) I know now that sooner I will overcome even the reactive part of it. Optimism.... aha! Thats how it has been... BTW, we had some really interesting visitors at home this weekend and let me talk abt them in the coming post. Have fun... Badi thand hain rabba!! And before I get too lazy to type or you know my fingers almost freeze, Thanks a lot to all of you for being a part of my life in your own special way. Pic : http://www.ilkeryoldas.com/happy-new-year-wallpaper.jpg

25 comments:

Anonymous,  January 5, 2009 at 5:13 PM  

all the very best for the ratings...

that was neatly written from memories... cheers

Anonymous,  January 5, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

I hope your mom gets well soon.Get well soon Aunty:)

Oh ya, thats a myth-totally. Hope the ratings me out well

Happy New Year:)
PS:You have a new follower

Anwesa January 5, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

well,an interestin post..hope u'll b happier dis yr...

abhishek January 5, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

guys just don't know when to stop...but i'm not one of them so you can invite me the next year...kuch bhi ganda nahi karunga...sachi muchi...good luck with your ratings thing...i hadn't noticed it earlier but the curious soul is curious to know why he's been labeled curious soul by you??

Amrita~Ams January 5, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

kewl !
it a post making feel good :)

Nidz January 5, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

tu hai na no worries. m sure ur mom must be proud of u . :) i'll pray she gets well soon and god gives u less stress.
aha.. someone is controlling temper shemper.. grt grt.. keep in up. i too try at times. when my mom says something and i keep mum trying not to react.

Yamini Meduri January 5, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

hmmm....!!!

It was a good read Harshita...To me it was like reading something different from these daily days...!!

and great way to control the temper yaar....i am gonna use it from now on....!!!

Thank you dear...!!!

Phoenix January 6, 2009 at 12:24 AM  

oye kudiye tu kinni soni hai.. :)

aur kinna sona post hai... :)

what a way to begin the year... and what ishtyle...

im dying to read about the guests at home.. :)

and harshi phir se kaam wali bai ban gayi...

Arv January 6, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

Not a bad start :)

Have a great year ahead mate... cheers...

Nikhil Menon January 6, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

all d best for the ratings...

btw,things have started falling into place..Lovely!!!

take care..
Nikhil

Anonymous,  January 6, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

good post to start the year :)

I m sure u wud overcome the part u want to very soon!!!

Have a great year up ahead

VagaBond January 7, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Hope ur mom gets well soon!!
BTW i m in need of a maid asap...u thinkin of a part-time job by ny chance?? :P

Me January 8, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

@Born Vagabond

Dassa tennu?? Aaya vadda... mail chahiyidee...pelley apna kamm karna sikh...fer jadd naukri shuakri laggegi teh maid vi mil jaayegi tennu...

Me January 9, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

@Chriz
Thanks for that... :)

Me January 9, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

@Born Vagabond
hehe... tu mind teh nayee kitta?

Me January 9, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

@Mithe
Thanks.. Me hope for the same.I will convey ur wishes to her.

Me January 9, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

@Anwesa
Hope all of us get happier this year..wat say?

Me January 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

@Abhishek
pakkey sey... next yr... thanks for the good luck wish...
Dekha fir sey curious... aur poochta hain.. MAIN AUR CURIOUS?? KYUN?? haha

Me January 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

@ Ams
Achcha hain...feel good karo...

Me January 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

@ Niddzzi
haan kal hi mom boli... kisi kaam ki nahi hain yeh ladki...hahaha ;)

Me January 9, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

@Yamini
Thanks.. I am just trying to control it... donno if I'll hang in there for long.

Me January 9, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

@Raka
Achcha!! Sachchi mein?? haha
Guests ke baarey mein will post for sure.
Haan yaar, meri kkundli mein yeh BAI-factor atak gaya hain. lol

Me January 9, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

@Arv
U too have a gr8 year

Me January 9, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

@Nikhil
Thanks for ur wishes... :)

Me January 9, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

@ Sam
Thanks... u too have a gr8 year.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital