Satyam, This onez for you.

I promised Anwesa on her blog that my next post would be the TAG she passed on but I could not help writing this one. My apologies for that. Past few days have been negativity personified yet I always saw the positives there, as most of you know, I can't help but be positive. :) We all know about Satyam and I would not go bashing and thrashing Raju coz I know the media is doing that and somewhere deep down almost 70% of the nation is doing that... I have worked with this organization for 2 years and left it a couple of years back. For me it has been the most wonderful place I have ever worked at. I took my baby-steps there, I learnt to be a smart techie, a good manager and altogether a good human being. When I worked there, people gave me more respect than ever. Satyam was more of a TEMPLE in Hyderabad when I worked there and I am not exaggerating, nopes...I am not. You'd go anywhere in hyderabad and they'll treat you with respect and warmth coz you belong to Satyam. I have seen Satyam grow (may be it was all fake) but I saw it grow. Satyam was the first one to launch a EMR service in Hyderabad... We had their ambulances and Emergency response team helping people in times of crisis. I was proud to be associated with them. Satyam has also helped in social causes the major being AIDS Awareness, I have walked for AIDS, I have worked with volunteers helping rurals and urbans so they prevent this disastorous syndrome. Satyam has done a lot for people in Andhra and everywhere else as much as they could. Employees taught street kids, rehabilitated them. Altogether, Satyam Foundation did a lot for the society throught is employees and people associated with it. I still remember when I used to walk into a shop heading straight from office wearing my badge, people would say,"Ah! you are from Satyam. Wow!". My most favourite boss belongs to Satyam. He taught me how to be humble even when you are as great as him. He taught me to be human enuff even when you are managing things in the worst of times. Giri Sir has been my inspiration for life. He is a father figure and I'll always stand by him. In total, Satyam made me a better person and made me realize my dreams... dreams of owning some material things as well as confidence of my parents in me. The organization that stood by me in my bad times, I would want to stand by it, in its bad times. I want to let all the people I know in Satyam know that its not their fault at all and I stand by them. :) I know it may not make a difference to what they are going through but still it is always good to know that there is someone who stands by you and who'll try to help you out some way or the another. I have some wonderful set of people there and I am glad I worked with them. I want to thank Satyam for all it has given me and I know most of the employees felt the same until Jan 7(maybe). I hope and truly wish that everyone in Satyam works together to come out of it and create an example for everyone to follow. I know they need cash, I know they have lost it all but then as I put it on my blog: "WHEN YOU HIT ROCK BOTTOM, THE ONLY WAY IS UP" Pic : http://www1.istockphoto.com

44 comments:

Nikhil Menon January 9, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

Harshi,can I be honest?It did sound like a publicity stunt but then,we knew u pretty well enough not to mistake this for being one,but ur feelings about the organization which I ges still means a lot to u..tho its a great tragedy atrocious due to its magnitude and also shocking to hear all these from Raju himself..

wishing u a great weekend..

take care..

Nikhil

Me January 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

haha.. Publicity Stunt... :) For wat yaar?? Why wud I need publicity?? me, an ordinary person who earns her living via Corporates :)

And I love being that. Just an ordinary person.

Thanks, Satyam really means a lot to me... it is my first official workplace and I have to stand by it... There are few things we can't help..this is one of them.

BTW, I love honest people, they are the rarest of rare people.

I am glad I know one of them ;)

peter January 9, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

yeah Even satyam helped us here in hyderabad ...we got lift so many times in satyam ka bus :P

So many seniors working there are gonna suffer :(

Rahul January 9, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

I hope they stand self-sufficient and united and are not taken over..so many of my friends are placed in Satyam..haven't yet got their offer letters !!

Me January 9, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

@Peter
Yeah! lets hope people dont end up losing their jobs.

Me January 9, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

@Rahul
Me too hope for the same but the stats speak a diff language...

Freshers have a bleak chance to make it unless someone bails Satyam out of this mess.

Wish ur frenz luck.

Anonymous,  January 9, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

THATS A GOOD ONE... some organisationns really move us no matter what their background is... satyam is now in good churn hands.. hope they come back...

Ashutosh January 9, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

Its really refreshing to see an article presenting a completely different perspective of a company that seems to have become everyone's favourite boxing bag...Its foolish to look down upon the entire company just because some of the senior management lost track of what they were doing..Its often said that cut throat competition is capable of derailing the best in the business..of course that's no way an excuse...

I guess more than anything else, our biggest concern should be the 53000 strong employee base..what would happen to those innocent people who had no clue regarding what was going on...lets just pray for them and hope for the best..

Anil Sawan January 9, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

i luvd the way u portrayed your love to the firm. its sure a hit. i just hope things go better for them. i hrd today tht the employees wnt get salary for 2 months. a procession was held here in hyd.. lot of things happening.. m too scared to discuss about it! :(

Anonymous,  January 9, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

Hey good post again, the company no doubt was one of the big majors in the country untill 16th dec....

the corporates might hv done good job, but thats all washed out in the disclosurre of bulging of profits...

dont know motive behind it, but wiithout it too satyam had a good image...

i cant stop shuddering when i think of people like us at the bottom rung who have nothign to do with the fraud, the one who do our daily tasks and hope to get good perks, recognition in the end!!!

dont know if the news in media abt 2 months salary not being credited is true or not, but this is somethign very scary!!

btw everybody has affiliation with the first company as i have with mine too :)

Cheers,

Sam

Phoenix January 9, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

awww :(

u used to work is satyam,?really!! :)

i know what you must feel now.. and like you said.. when you hit rock bottom,the only way is up.. here is harshi giving herself a dose of her medicine :P and need i say i love you more?? :D

Arv January 9, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

Am gonna wait and watch how things unfold before saying anything... I have a feeling that more companies would fall...

take care.. cheers...

Arv January 9, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

Am gonna wait and watch how things unfold before saying anything... I have a feeling that more companies would fall...

take care.. cheers...

AB January 9, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

Hii }:-)
This is my first comment on ur blog..
Thast lovely of u to still support or ex-work place.. normally people do talk crap about their past all the time..

A Satyamite who wasn't!

Anwesa January 9, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

apologies accepted.well,it was a gud post.at least der's sumthing gud in d organization.wish dem luk.

Anonymous,  January 9, 2009 at 11:23 PM  

Every sunset brings new sunrise.

abhishek January 10, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

murky times for satyam...god help the ppl over there!!

Rahul Bajpai January 10, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

I must say you are a friend indeed... :-)

Sneha Shrivastava January 11, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

Whatever has happend in Satyam is something to do with the top management and I think the company is inherently a competitive and smart. I appreciate that you have good words to say for the company you worked with.:)

Manish Raj January 11, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

Am with you on this.

I have never worked with Satyam but I know several people working in there...

Satyam will come back...for India...if not for anyone else.

vanilla sky January 11, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

This is such a nice post, bringing forth the positives. Just the kind we need at this hour of crisis

Rià January 11, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

Atleast somebody has written something good abt Satyam. Nice +ve post babe, and i hope that they come up soon!

Anonymous,  January 11, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

hope with new board, the business continuity happens n employees save job n old mgmt is brot to task....

Aevi January 12, 2009 at 2:38 AM  

this is a very nice gesture... been followin the news lately but i dnt knw i have a feelin tht it cannot be one persons deed alone...

anyways watever u said above is what i have heard from so many frenz n m disappointed in wat happened.

http://gshanky.wordpress.com January 12, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

gem of a post when everybody enjoying the mud slinging in the bad days of Satyam(including lots of Ex-Employees). Personally i have lots of hatred for the top management. they stole investor's money and keep buying the lands. I wish & prey that employees & their families will survive through these times. I have lots of friends currently working there and everybody is in panic :(

Me January 12, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

@Chriz
Yeah! lets hope they bounce back...

Me January 12, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

@Ashutosh
My prayers are with them for sure.

Me January 12, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

@ Sawan
That was a rumor.I am sure things will look up soon.

Me January 12, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

@Sam
Yeah! I will always hold that soft spot for Satyam.

Me January 12, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

@ Raka
Yes. I used to be with Satyam. I worked there for 2 yrs...Thank you for loving me.

Me January 12, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

@ Arv
I am being optimistic :)

Me January 12, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

@ Abhinav
Thanks yaar... I know u were supposed to join Satyam...if am not wrong.

Me January 12, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

@Anwesa
Thanks a lot Anwesa.. Tag aaney waala hain ;)

Me January 12, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

@Abhishek
God will help them for sure.

Me January 12, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

@Sneha
Thanks a lot...Sneha...

Me January 12, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

@ Manish
Here you go... I like people who are positive.

Me January 12, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

@Vanilla Sky
Thanks... I am sure optimism wins it all.

Me January 12, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

@Sam
Lets keep our fingers crossed

Me January 12, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

@Aevi
Thaankoo... yaar lets hope sabki job intact rahey aur yeh crisis jald hi resolve ho... I know time toh lagega...

Me January 12, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

@Gaurav
Thanks yaar... Satyamties are blessed, they have so many ppl praying for them.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital