Honey! I dumped you on FB.



Welcome to the FB/twitter generation wherein it is so easy to say it all while hiding behind a computer/phone screen.

Earlier, I used to find this whole thing stupid and funny. Now, as I read about it day after day, in papers, on websites; this whole "Taking your relationship to social networks" sounds utterly scary. I mean people are killing themselves over this!

This whole phenomenon of social networks is making us  insensitive towards others, ignorant of our own feelings, cowards and emotionally empty. 

Breaking-up on FB/twitter/blogs/texts saves you the trouble of addressing your and your partner's feelings. You can easily hide your cowardice behind flashy status messages like "Hey! I am back to the grind" or "Singledom rocks!!"... OR the simplest of all is Changing your relationship status to let the world and the person involved know that it is over for good.

Okay! Now I find it a little funny :) How kiddish! *laughs* 

Slowly and gradually, we are losing our grip on life and relationships because everyone wants virtual validation, wants to be the one with the most followers or most number of FB friends. A lot has been written about it already.. Ironically, I am writing this too on a Social Network and unintentionally seeking validation or criticism in the "Comments" section.

Thanks to Social-Networks, the men are not MAN enough to take a stand and the women are not sensitive enough to talk it out. Friendships, Relationships ... all of them are falling apart and are at the mercy of a status message or a tweet. 

I'd rather spare some time later, to write about Social Networks. For now, an article in a paper as to "How to break-up ONLINE?" triggered these thoughts in my head, so I shared.

What's your take on it? Are you brave or humane enough to talk it out with someone in-person or you prefer the coward's way out of relationships?

Sorry, if somebody got hurt while reading the post(like fell off a chair or banged their head on their desks).This is entirely my opinion, people should talk TO people and not ABOUT them... things will become simpler :)

Mast raho, Dilchasp raho!!

7 comments:

Sakshi January 20, 2012 at 6:15 PM  

Well, considering that my mom gave a nice earful about posting my pictures with my bf and people already knowing him before we got engaged thanks to FB, I think that it is a very relevant post that you have put up.

I sincerely feel, that a social networking site cannot replace your physical presence.
And honestly, unlike me, very few get lucky by finding their soul mates online.
And breaking up online, is the biggest insult you can do to your relationship.. it is like telling your partner through a third person that you are not in love any more.
HOW RUDE, can you be.. forget the etiquette, how can one be so insensitive about the relationship that once you nurtured!

Yes, announcing to the world after talking to your partner- is a different story altogether!

Rià January 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rià January 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM  

Well, first of all if a man breaks up with u on fb/twitter then u shud get rid of him anyways coz he's not man enough to do to face and its totally lame!

And 2nd if someone actually feels that he/she deserves to die after that then he/she needs to get their brains checked! Pardon me for my sarcasm/cynicism on this topic...but I found it so stupid when i read this girl who was studying in a reputed institute chose to punish the guy who dumped her, by killing herself!? I mean, who did she want to punish...her lame bf or her parents? I feel so sorry for them.

Arpit January 21, 2012 at 12:07 AM  

ye Social Networking humari asli wali social life ki batti laga rahi hai..
baki ye Breakup wala point kafi sensitive hai.. ppl should deal with it in real life not in reel*read virtual* life! :)

Lady Whispers January 21, 2012 at 12:32 AM  

I somehow never really adhere to breakups online or through texts...you need to meet/ talk to finally call it quits...the relation deserve that much respect for what it was

And anyone breaking on FB is not Man enough to be with as it is...

Jack January 21, 2012 at 7:27 PM  

Me,

I agree with you except that this site is different from FB or such sites as this one is a platform to air your thoughts which is totally different than posting status.

Take care

Kunal January 22, 2012 at 4:44 PM  

When people talk about them and not with them, then the problem occurs.

And why only relationships, but we should be brave enough to face and talk about anything, our actions and their consequences, insecurities...etc etc..

What we see today is updating ur status about how one if down and out...feeling low....it may serve a purpose to a few...but again, its not like actual talking with whom you want to... That is my view...but off course to each to his own :)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital