Weekend : Praise, Men-trouble,Cold and Walking Woes :)

Five days and I have been away from my blog. I missed it for sure. :)
But the week held so many things in store for me that I just could not make it to the blog.
The training I was delivering was a success(Thank God!) and it ended with some guys asking for my cell-number to get in touch with me for the issues they face in the DW Product. Ah! Boys will be boys ;) Me being the person I am, politely and sternly let them know that it is against our organization's policy.
Don't ask me what time I woke up on Saturday?? Coz I am such a workaholic as mom calls me, that I did not sleep well for the past few days due to the training schedule. So I slept till 10 am in the morning(Although Sunny still says,"YOU GOT UP AT 11, YOU LIAR!!") and I got up as if the world had come to an end...
I rearranged evrything in the house...Trust me! Itz such a pain when you have majority of men in the house. At my place, me and mom are the only females(ofcourse our housekeeper Bubbly Auntie is there) and we are always running around to fix things in the house.
I can never understand why men have to leave their towels on the bed...why they never understand that socks once used shud be thrown in the washing-basket...the stuff bought in 10 yrs ago has to be done away with when it rots...and a lot more...Am sure I will post something abt it... My bros drive me crazy... If I clean my room and try and throw away the ancient stuff they had which is of no importance at all...they wud start a rebel mission at home...daah! This Saturday, I stole an opportunity when they were busy with television and finally managed throwing all the clutter away :)
The house looks much better now, but every Monday morning it looks like we had an Income Tax raid at our place, almost everything is out on the tables,floors and out of the cup-boards...
Saturday evening, Ankit promised Bubbly Auntie that he wud help her in cleaning the house for Diwali at 6 in the morning so Sunday, she came early morning and Ankit baby slept till 10 am...lol... You shud never trust guys with promises that are time bound and sleep-dependent ;)
Sunday went by in cleaning the house for Diwali...we are still left with so much to do... :(
I cooked South-Indian breakfast and Mom made the usual Punjabi breakfast for the guys in the house. We had some cousins visiting us so it was a grand breakfast. GRAND for me coz I have started drinking milk now after almost a gap of 6-7 yrs...I so hated milk but now I club it with coffee as the doctors have asked me to do so.
Thanks to Sunny( I always ask him to stay away frm me whenever he catches a cold...but he wud never listen to me!!)... I have a bad cold now...not only me, even Mom is also suffering since last nite coz of tht... The weather is changing here and the winter is just around the corner.
I realized my senses were blocked when I went for my walk early morning today...It was so damn cold outside...ppl were wearing jackets and I was dressed in the usual cotton trackpants and t-shirt....and I cud not manage to breathe from my nose...and the throat was giving me a feeling as if somebody put in a tablespoon of chilli sauce on it... shuh!
The walk had itz own woes today...funny is, only one of my running shoes was traceable in the house and the other one of the pair just disappeared...I spent half-an-hour in trying all 7-8 pairs of menz shoes and my feet were coming out of them as if I wore a dinosaur's shoes!! LOL. I am sure Happy Singh and Rustam have hidden my shoes...
Finally I borrowed Mom's shoes and they are a size less...I only know how I managed to walk today...
I am all about tissues,sneezing and a sore throat today...
Sunny! Am not gonna spare you for this!! No more maggi from my side on weekends now... ;)

12 comments:

SUBHADIP October 20, 2008 at 4:12 PM  

Hi..thanks for this beautiful sweet blog..and your softness of writings is brilliant..
if you can visit my blog and share ur comments on my collection of writings..http://subhadip-writerscolumn.blogspot.com/

Arv October 20, 2008 at 6:12 PM  

reading it reassures us how there so many moments in every day that needs to be savoured and enjoyed in its own way...

Love your writings mate.. Have a nice evening.. cheers...

peter October 20, 2008 at 8:11 PM  

hmm so simple and nicely put up ..and yeah guys do that....asking numbers (even of young female professors) !!

your blog is like a diary ....nice to read it :P

Phoenix October 20, 2008 at 9:56 PM  

men will always be men! trust me what having a bf 2 handle i know...

but thankfully females outnumber men at my place:) its just mom me and dad... but wen sis drops in...then its the femalke raj and thankfully my granny has brought up dad to be perfect gentleman and he is well trained too.. so no hassles with him... TOUCHWOOD

Anonymous,  October 21, 2008 at 8:12 PM  

where s my comment gone ? :O

Me October 21, 2008 at 8:50 PM  

I donno...did you comment??

Anonymous,  October 21, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

Are i did a long comment..

Delhi s cold is superb n i love winters....

6 yrs back i had in been to delhi for drdo intv....at timarpur n njoyed places like cp , rajpath, india gate, parliament street and ISBT :)

u get well soon and dont be awaay from blog for as long as this...

and for record like every men i too like throwin towel on bed :))

Anil Sawan October 22, 2008 at 5:20 AM  

good that i visited this page. i was damn bored at office :-)

get well soon!

zirelda October 22, 2008 at 7:28 AM  

I missed your writing too.

I need new shoes and am eyeing a pair that I plan to buy next payday. Walking must be done in comfortable shoes.

I don't know what it is about men and cleaning. Actually Dan keeps our house very clean but my ex? He left stuff everywhere and I cleaned like there was no tomorrow every weekend.

Me October 22, 2008 at 6:07 PM  

Thanks Subhadip. I will visit your blog for sure.

Thanks Arv... u r right...some moments are meant to b cherished

Thanks Peter...yeah! guys r typically guys ;)

Gr8 Raka...Lucky you ;)

Buzz...I donno may be it was too reluctant to be here :) Thanks for posting it again...hmm the bed smells yuck! after the wet-towel thing.

Thanks Sawan...ha ha ha... atleast someone find this zone as not-so-boring ;)

Hey Z, I know...for the shoes me too planning to buy some gud shoes... Its good to have a disciplined guy arnd you who takes care of the stuff around the house...My dad is absolutely a disciplined person, can't say the same abt my kid bros.. ;)

Sunny October 30, 2008 at 9:35 PM  

U cleaning the house?????
Wen did this happen?????

Me October 30, 2008 at 10:18 PM  

ha ha ha...Sunny...meri band mat bajaa :)

Kabhi Kabhi toh kaam karti hun yaar...uska credit toh mat cheen mujhsey! :)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital