All that a day is made of

If the weekend was not enough, Monday brought itz share of workload.
Sunday,our maid did not turn up again so we distributed the work amongst ourselves... Mom,Dad and Ankit did the washing of clothes part while I did the cleaning of the house and kitchen.
After all this work I was too tired for anything but had to cook lunch for myself and Honey so we decide on Chinese food and I cooked some Punjabi-style Chinese stuff. :)
I could not manage to even lie down as I was chatting up with a new-found friend and it was fun until I realised my neck had almost given away and I felt every muscle in my body sore. Ah! whole day went by in the domestic work.
Monday, I woke up at 5 am, went for my walk and it was still dark. In winters, sun turns up only after 6:45 or so here. I felt a bit scared too coz even the dogs in the block were sleeping. :) Surprisingly it was my Day 1 again after the viral bout and I did 3 rounds of the ground. I was happy with myself,although during the last round of brisk-walk, I felt a little not on my feet but then I took some deep breaths and it was okay enuff to make it to my home from there.
I was greeted by Happy and Rustam at the house-gate and sooner I went to the exercise room and did the usual routine stuff followed by Pranayama. Mom asked me to pray in the morning too so I quickly drank some 4-5 glass of hot water and after 20 mins or so took my bath, did all the prayers I had to do and by the time I had my tea it was 8:30 am. Time for work!! But...But.. My maid did not turn up yesterday too...Ah! I could not afford to do all the work yesterday as I had to report for work too. So I thought I'd rather cater to it in lunch-hour. I could not.
It was a 1-1 with my manager yesterday and I was sure he would tell me : "Our team is struggling with work, I think we'll have to do away with few people and I found out that in a team where people have 7-12 yrs of experience, you are the only one with an experience of just 3.5 yrs." I was prepared for this but he told me how now he wants me to take the lead and ramp up so I match up the guy with 12 yrs of work-ex.. I was like, "Are you kidding me?" ha ha ha..."How can it be possible?"
Somehow I managed to sail through it all. He told me,"I want you to train ppl, handle a project and take-up some Sales wins altogether at a time". "Ah! someone please tell him, I am not a machine and in that case, even my laptop shuts down on its own if I force it to over-work" ;)
He made me the 'lead' for another Sales-Win Demo...I hardly have any idea on and later till 8 pm I was running between meetings. :( Had my dinner at my desk and later logged in to chat with some US guys and caught up with my bloggie-frenz , had a fun-chat and almost slept on my laptop when I told them that I was sleepy.
Slept by 12:00 coz Happy Singh did not give in and wanted to sleep in my bed. :( Got up at 5 and went for my walk...By the time, I realised what I was doing in the middle of the road...two dogs from a house near the ground caught my legs...a Huge Labrador and a Spitz...They shook me out of my sleep.... :) I escaped their clutches ... completed 3 rounds of the ground and almost fell during the last one . Came home, exercised and after half-an-hour, fell asleep while reading the newspaper and dreamt abt all possible weird things...Accidents,Epilepsy Attacks,Crying People...Uhuh!
Woke up in an hour with lingering thoughts of the dreams...had my tea,maid will not turn up today too(she is on an indefinite leave) and am back to work!! Now, an alram pops up warning me of all the meetings lying ahead...Ah! There must be a life beyond all this. :)
Did I tell you? I love my life :)

11 comments:

Anonymous,  November 4, 2008 at 1:59 PM  

Relax !!! Relax !!! Relax !!!
:)

peter November 4, 2008 at 2:18 PM  

u get up at 5 :O
I sleep at that time :D

u go for morning walk :O
I come walking after watching a movie late night ..sometimes :D

and jobs are hectic ..I wonder how wud i be able to manage it once i start doing it ..i dun even want to think about it ...engg life is gud ....tensions have their own pills !

Anonymous,  November 4, 2008 at 7:23 PM  

hey you are one funny human being, neva short of adventure...did dogs really catch u up or were u dreaming ?

and boy u now a lead , wow , accept my heartiest congs...i know how it is to be one and its a thankless job...

i m sure u dbe able to see it thru with aplomb success and then there is a life beyond obvious :))

cheers buddy!!

Phoenix November 4, 2008 at 9:19 PM  

*HUGS*

im so sorry you had a hard day :(

but dont talk to me that much that it harms you... i wouldnt like it ...


btw you just inspired me once again... this time for morning walks... i think i ll start going once my study leave starts! :)

Arv November 5, 2008 at 8:15 AM  

interesting yet I could understand the pains of it... I can do with that hectic stuff for a day or 2 but not more than that...

Hope you get your normal days back mate... take care... have a nice day :)

cheers...

Aevi November 5, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

time for a break... time to catch up with that unread book in the shelf... time to get the hair done...

take care mate... cheers... :D











'sorry couldn't resist'

Sandeep Balan November 5, 2008 at 3:40 PM  

ohhh man....you have some mornings i tell you!! great habit man! I awake from my slumber at 9 and am ready to leave for office by 9:30...he he....this was some inspiration...loved reading this piece...nothin better than loving your life

Priya Joyce November 5, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

That's sum routine..lol
getting up Is kindaa same like me..but rest all ..man u dseem to take a lot of tym in exercise and all.

Mads November 5, 2008 at 11:23 PM  

:| that's some routine...

morning walker? be careful of those dogs :( im so scared of them...

ur job is so hectic n demanding :(

Gah. i dont want to grow up :(

zirelda November 6, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

Yeah, you have a LOT going on. I cannot get up at 5. I've tried.

You also have grit.

Congratulations on your job though. Good going!

Me November 6, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

@Hobo
Am trying to find time to relax,relax ;)

@Peter
Yeah engg life is really gud...but then, job is not that too ;) Have fun till you get into the race of survival.

@Buzz
hehe.... Dogs really did catch me there...but I escaped unhurt.

Thanks for your wishes...

@Phoenix
Come on yaar...I loved chatting up with you.. Morning walks are always fun...Try it.

@Arv
Yeah, hope to get the normal days back again.

@Aevi
Time to pull my leg too!! he he he...

@ Sandeep
Ah! I wish for such a day to come in my life too.

@Priya
Well, I need to be fit else I will end up with a series of sick leaves...coz our work is so sedentary.

@Mads
Yeah! I am careful..even today two of the stray dogs caught up with me...

I know...my job sucks..but I love it...as long as it pays me and makes me feel alive ;)

Growing up is fun, gal... Trust me!!

@Zirelda
Its difficult for me too to get up at 5...but can't help it..Thanks for your wishes :)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital