Jhappiyaan da season- Season of HUGS

With the winter season in the offing, Jhappi(Hug) is IN ;)
We the Punjabis, believe in Jhappiyaan (Hugs) and what better time than winters...and a warm hug lives upto its name...here ;)
Somebody sent me an sms few days back :
Hugs are fat free, sugar free and still are the sweetest.Hugs reduce blood pressure and help relieve depression and stress.
That's so true.
It is in our culture and a part of our tradition also that whenever we meet each other, we hug each other. This is one of the ways we tell each other ,"Hey! I missed you so much and I am there for you always".
Thinking about the wonders a hug can do... I remember when I used to be super-stressed before by board-exams, a warm hug from my grandmom would tell me,"Don't worry,its gonna be alrite".
I spent 20 yrs of my life with my grand-mom and I am really close to her. She left for abode some 5 years back and now I sleep alone. Otherwise, I used to hug her tight and sleep with her every night eversince I remember. :) She was my best friend...and a hug from her would shoo away all my pain and stress. Old people add so much value to our lives. Ah! I miss her so much.
Even now, no matter how much we fight everyday, whenever me and my brothers meet, we hug each other and greet each other. :)
I feel so special about this particular culture in our family. It indeed gives you strength and warmth to carry on in the worst of times. I hug my close frenz when we meet coz I think it makes you feel loved and special.
Hugs really make a huge difference to our lives. Atleast I believe so.
So here goes a Jhappi(Hug) from my side too... ;)

26 comments:

abhishek November 12, 2008 at 4:14 PM  

No better way to express affection than a big hug...and you wink a lot

Me November 12, 2008 at 4:19 PM  

@abhishek

Meri aankh mein defect hain...lollzzzz

Nice to meet you.

Mads November 12, 2008 at 5:31 PM  

lovely huggie post...

first, i love mitwa!! nice to hear the song here :D awww so romantic...

remembered my grandparents after reading abt ur grandmom..my grandparents in chennai..hvnt met them for a year..love them so much...

i always hug my mom almost daily for no reason at all :)
hug my friends again for no reason at all...
a hug is the only thing that comforts me when im sad always...
i love hugs :D
a big hug to u for writing such a lovely post... :) >:D<

Priya Joyce November 12, 2008 at 6:49 PM  

hey tomorrow its Guru Nanak jayanti..and today i went to ma buddy's house...we attended the nagar keertan..It was so exciting gal..
I'll soon make a post on it..
it was cool to help ma buddy out in packing all the snacks.and all..

Arv November 12, 2008 at 7:09 PM  

HUGSSSSSSSSS....

It gives a wonderful feeling indeed...

Thanks for this post mate... good one...

cheers...

peter November 12, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

Hug is a therapy too ;)
a very warm post :D

>:D<

Phoenix November 13, 2008 at 7:49 AM  

*hugs*

mwuaaaaaaaaaah to my sweetheart to see her through her training...

Sneha Shrivastava November 13, 2008 at 8:07 AM  

A big bear hug for harshita.:)
Love
keep smiling.
keep writing.

Anonymous,  November 13, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

Thankyou ! Thankyou ! Thankyou !
I am loving it...
:)

... November 13, 2008 at 12:46 PM  

Ahem! What a way to tell your age ;)

20 years with grand-mom
+
5 years sleeping alone
=
25 years

(btw, you are 25 for how many years)

छुपाना भी नही आता, जताना भी नही आता...
तुम्हारी उम्र कितनी है, बताना भी नही आता...
ha ha ha...

Skeeter November 13, 2008 at 2:42 PM  

Hugs are good! Gotta love 'em.

Best wishes,

Skeeter

Me November 13, 2008 at 3:18 PM  

@Girijesh

I am 65 :) ad going on 25 for past many years.

Ah! I thought the post was about Hugs ;)

Someonez interested in my age...hmmm

Me November 13, 2008 at 3:29 PM  

@Madzzie
Me love Mitwa too... I think itz an eternal love song. Hmm..go meet them, they'll feel gud... ;)

Aey Lo ji ek aur jhappi aapkey liye ;)

Me November 13, 2008 at 3:30 PM  

@PJ(The lil Angel)

Yeah! its Guru Nanak Bday today... U r gr8 gal helping everyone arnd u :)

Me November 13, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

@Peter
Hmm thodey din mein sab therapy bann jaayega... :( We hardly express love these days..

Me November 13, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

@Phoenix
Thankoo ji... Jhappi de naal Pappi free... :)

Me November 13, 2008 at 3:34 PM  

@Hobo
Thankooo Thankooo...

Anonymous,  November 13, 2008 at 11:51 PM  

Hey Harshi, lot of new posts in 2 days when i wasnt online due to this rubbish Reliance outage...........

Good positive vibes to you too buddy with a warm handshake :)

Nice post.......

zirelda November 14, 2008 at 9:30 AM  

Ah yes. Rach asks if she can have a hug and I always say, "Of course, hugs are free and plentiful. I will never run out of hugs for you."

Love it.

Harry November 14, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

Aa pappiyan Jhappiyan pale hum... akhiyon ke pech ladale hum..... :)

Harry November 14, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

Aa pappiyan Jhappiyan pale hum... akhiyon ke pech ladale hum..... :)

Nidz November 14, 2008 at 10:22 PM  

aww hug from granie??? so cute.. I m too a hug freak. I love it to share with reason and without reason. Hugs is a need for me when m tooo sad :( or too happy :)!!!
Old people add so much value to our lives. --- so true.. u get so much knowledge from tht was would nt be possible if u read books thru out ur life.. as they are them most experienced ppl and exp. speaks!!
:( :( my bro never hugs me.. its so odd. and this goes with sis too. she doesnt like being hug by me :(

Jhappi to u too :) BTW looks like smiley obsession is speeding around every where. mads, peter, me and looks like u to are highly obsessed with smileys ;) :P

Aevi November 16, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

i baat boloon u might laugh at it

i hate jhappi everyday be it mom dad or brother fren anyone.. once in a while or meeting someone after a long time i cant resist tht momentarily hug and similarly i love departure hugs but everyday nope not for me.. in fact i hate people who have a habit of touching and talking

Me November 16, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

@Abhi
Me too hate THAT habit...especially with ppl of opposite sex...

and as I said we hug when we meet...which is after months...hehehe...

Roz-Rox hugging wud be too chep for me...and I get sick of too much closeness easily. ;)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital