Surprise Busted!!

I donno how many times it has happened to people but with me itz something that is bound to happen.
Whenever I plan to surprise people, it goes down in the dumps somehow and I end up laughing at myself and the situation. :)
This year, I planned a surprise on Mom's birthday and to avoid a mess I bought her gifts from 2 different online gifts services. Guess wat? The flowers and cake was delivered two days before her birthday at our place (Thankfully, she was not home by that time) and I had to literally shoo the delivery guys away before she turned up. :)
Her gifts were bought through another reliable gifts service and well..well... the flights got cancelled due to a strike here and they came in two days after her bday. The surprise got screwed up big time.
Day before, was my best friend's bday and I thought of surprising him with flowers. So I sent flowers to his office address like I did last year... Surprise..Surprise... He was not in town for 2 days starting his bday and even now I donno if he got them ON his bday or after that coz I thought I would suprise him and I kept waiting for his 'Thanks Buddy" call which never came.
Finally, today I gave up and thought of taking the florist to task, so I mailed my friend asking him about the flowers and he said, "yeah! I got them"...lol.. And I kept waiting for his call... My surprises are so bad that even they end up being taken for granted...lol
If this was not enough, I thought of surprising another friend of mine and sent her flowers without my name on it. She thought it was her hubby and though they were at loggerheads, they kissed and made up after that... But..the stupid me... I called her few days later and asked her, "hey! did you get my roses?"... She was like, "It was YOU!!"... ha ha ha...
I am such a failure with surprises...Things just don't seem to fall in place when I want to surprise someone...but I never stop doing that... :) I always crave for that smile on someonez face that a surprise brings...I love it...and ofcourse, am optimistic that someday my surprises will work too ;)

14 comments:

Anonymous,  November 6, 2008 at 3:02 PM  

A person is the maker of his/her plans but he/she should remember always that Eraser is in the hands of God.
:)

Arv November 6, 2008 at 7:04 PM  

You will get it soon... its just an art and you get better with more tries... :)

drop the flowers for now...

start with something personal where you dont rely on anything else...

take care mate...

have a nice evening... cheers...

peter November 6, 2008 at 7:43 PM  

it doesn't happen with me much but happens wid my brother all the time:D

this year he had planned to surprise my parents on their marriage anniv by arriving Kolkata (home) all ova sudden but one of his friend called at my home asking if he reached...and his surprise got screwed ..

happens :D

Phoenix November 6, 2008 at 9:14 PM  

im so glad to see someone whose surprises are marred too.. not meant in a vindictive way though... :) if your surprise was spoilt wait till you hear mine...

i had gone for an excursion to vizaq, and the day i was supposed to board the train and be back, i told samik that i would be home 2days later and all. he seemed upset and all, after all i wasnt home for almost 10 days and seemed to have missed me. i wanted to surprise him by turning up the next day and then waking him up in the morning. what happened what i got off the train and gave him a call. and he was soundly sleeping that my surprise got spoilt. so much for love and longing.and my my wasn't i angry

samik often complains that i never do anything to surprise him. so one morning in all romantic mood and all... i call him up to wake him up myself. and he picked up after 10 calls or so and told me to get lost and let him sleep! :P

Nidz November 6, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

u r highly optimistic.. m so glad u r.. funny post :) hey which bloggers b'day is coming???

Aevi November 7, 2008 at 2:58 AM  

hehehe surprises lolzz

take care mate... cheers :D














u know wat i am sayin isnt it

Priya Joyce November 7, 2008 at 6:37 AM  

This is called blunder...lol
but these are other than the ones u create..I hope u create blunders..lol

Skeeter November 7, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

You're absolutely right, never give up on it! People love the love behind your actions even if the timing didn't work out exactly ... or the bloom comes off the surprise. You're great :-)

Best wishes,

Skeeter

Toonfactory November 7, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

Hahahaha sometimes the Surprises get spoiled surprisingly and isnt it a cute surprise to have a caring person who does everything to surprise somebody, no matter whether the surprises work or not...its the cute feeling behind them which works the wonders...ATB for your next surprising wonders Harshita...

Anonymous,  November 8, 2008 at 12:30 AM  

Hey Harshi, ok the surprised boomranged but think tht u made 2 fightin ppl kiss each other n make up, isse accha kaam koi ho sakna ha ?

koi na, more than success of ur surprizes its ur wish n will to see everybody happy that matters.....

as always u rock n rock n rock!!

SM November 8, 2008 at 4:46 PM  

hi


a skill is mastered only making mistakesone learns from mistakes

be bold and give the name of compaies who done mistake

see you later
mit

http://realityviews.blogspot.com/

zirelda November 8, 2008 at 8:52 PM  

It wasn't nice for your friend's husband to take credit for your roses!

But yeah, don't stop. I love surprises and Dan gives me lots of them. :) I'm not as good at it as he is though....

Me November 9, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

Thats true Hobo...and God uses that eraser wuiet often in my case... :)

Hmm...thats a gud idea,Arv. Thanks.

I can understand what your bro goes thru then... ha ha ha... U r such a spoiler I must say..

Ha ha ha...Phoenix...hum ek hi thali ke chattey battey ;)

Niddzzi...ME is Optimisiti...mmmm...abhi toh kisi ka bday nahi aa raha yaar...I checked with Abhi-waala post.

I so very know what you are talking about, Abhi?? lollzz

Yeah Priya...Blunder...I create many of them... ;)

Thanks Skeeter...am gonna keep surprising ppl them..no matter if it works or not... ;)

HEy Toomfactory...Long time huh! Thanks for your wishes... :)

Hmm Buzz...but still I wish the guy wud have accepted that he did not send the flowers...abhi he got caught naa ;)

Hi SM, thanks for dropping by.

Hey Zirelda... I agree... He shud have accepted it wasn't him....all I can call him is an Opportunist :)

Rosezilla (Tracie Walker) November 11, 2008 at 11:37 PM  

Hello, I've just wandered over here from someone else's blog to say hi. I know what you mean about surprises, they usually don't work out right and we are the one surprised! But when they do work, it is all worth the effort.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital