Worthy of Love

Am I worth it? How many times do we ask ourselves the same question? Atleast I do. I read somewhere that we women tend to always question the love,luck and opportunities coming our way but later I met men who feel the same too. "It is a human thing", as my friend Anurag puts it. We ended up discussing about it. He was asking me why I never let anyone break that fence around me and give a chance to my life too. I was speechless, I didn't know what to say. He is right. Itz with all of us to an extent. We doubt, We question and We suspect the happiness and love coming to us. Everyone has his/her own reasons. Some of us are committment-phobic and don't want to give ourselves a chance to explore THAT side of love, the side that spells 'serious' and long-term. Some of us are simply affected by our pasts and we tend to feel, "coz someone in my past hurt me, I would never let anyone break those boundary walls and enter my comfort zone"... we are scared to fail at relationships and to get hurt again. Some of us have no reason but are scared to cause hurt to people in a relationship coz we believe that we are not made for relationships. Some of us have an inferiority complex of a sort coz of the way we have been looked at by people around us for reasons like our financial status,physical appearance etc. No matter what the reason is, we refuse to believe, "Yeah! I am worthy of the love thats coming my way". I wonder, just for once if I could tell myself, "Gal, you are worthy of whats coming your way", things would have been different. I am not scared of any past in my life...coz I have none... except for some failed friendships... . Its just that at times I feel morally obligated to the people who love me and I don't intend to hurt them even if I dont reciprocate their feelings deep inside. I find my crazy ways to escape proposals and love coming my way. Finally one day, I realized the more I run away from love, the more it keeps coming to me. I made up imaginary boyfrenz so I could politely let the interested party know that "Boy, am engaged". At times, I simply ran away from people and situations like these. I at times believe, I cannot handle the responsibilties and expectations love brings along with it. I am a sucker for romance, no doubt. But when it comes to ME, I simply push the love away from me... Questions like, "If nothing materialises"..."What if one day I realise I never actually loved this guy?".... "What if I get into a serious mode and he breaks up?"...."What if we end up together at the end of all this, Will I be able to commit?"... "What if I do not actually fall in love with this guy?" come to my mind. I am a happy person with lots of relationships in my life...of family and friends...but I donno... Somewhere I feel, the day I would say ,"Yes". It would be someone special...May be thats the reason I am still hounded by questions...May be things will change altogether when IT IS LOVE. There are people who know THIS side of me and they cope up with me on this but then... I am not the only one... I have met so many guys and gals who go thru the same, just like me. When people ask me,"Ah! So you are single?"...I really don't mind that but what Anurag told me...made me think about it... Our discussion really made me discover that unintentionally I was not giving a chance to my life...to love and to a whole new experience. All I have on my mind always is my family...and frankly I never thought beyond them...and I donno if even now, I will be able to think beyond them but yes, may be I will give my life...and myself a chance. :) Phoenix, my blogger-pal also voiced something similar abt me ...and yeah! I agree that I have been so engrossed in my own world that I never realised that when love actually knocked badly at my doors,I simply closed the door right on its face... :) May be that was not the right time...and may be... watever! I know one thing from now onwards...am worth it for sure... I don't need to fight it anymore... I am worthy of love too... despite the way I look, the way I am and the way I will be in a relationship :) I feel lighter and again, more happier today...coz I have grown a step further now.

To everyone reading me who at some point do think this way: Let us always believe that we are worthy of happiness and love every day..every way. :) Lifez gonna be beautiful.

15 comments:

Phoenix November 2, 2008 at 2:21 PM  

:D

*grin* *grin*

does that mean you say YES?? do we really do a live in??

oooo im soo ecstatic :P

jokes apart

a girl like you [ mean good nice happy witty jovial,gem of a girl with a hart of gold] deserves nothing simply nothing but the best... so give a chance to the love that you so preach... give a chance to life... give urself the chance to make a guy lucky...because the one who gets your love is gonna be real lucky something that is richer than gems, and jewels in the world... do the poor guy some charity :)

Anonymous,  November 2, 2008 at 4:56 PM  

i agree with phoenix.....u r a gem of a person and with a golden heart :)

biggest trait abt u is u r honest n u write unadultered.....biggest stuff of praise and i applaud u for it.....

wud be back for detailed comment, but for now its it.....

a very honest post and a candid one

Arv November 2, 2008 at 7:25 PM  

I loved this post..

though its much different with me... I feel the opposite way cos my optimism is just a lil high which is also not so good...

But I always ask 'if the relationship would work' & so on... the fears would be there but then the positiveness takes over...

I cant agree more... locking one's self up is worse... set yourself free cos destiny will catch up with ya one way or another :)

take care mate... cheers...

zirelda November 2, 2008 at 8:33 PM  

:) It is worth it. Even though I don't trust myself either, when it's real you'll know.

You way rock.

Nidz November 2, 2008 at 10:07 PM  

I am a sucker for romance, no doubt. But when it comes to ME, I simply push the love away from me... WHT A CONTRAST!!

m sure u'll knw when to say yes and tht day u'll accept him with all ur heart

Aevi November 2, 2008 at 11:14 PM  

... interesting and written in a very light mood hmm:)

my belief is everything works out and that word "eventually" is my favorite coz things do work out eventually.
hehehe i love being in relationships and i have no boundary's around me (as far as it is opposite sex hehehe) but ur concerns and thots are absolutely justified...

Sneha Shrivastava November 3, 2008 at 3:51 AM  

Another great post from a wonderful person.:)
Keep writing.
Love
Sneha
Love and Sneha (ek hee hota hai ;) )

Anil Sawan November 3, 2008 at 10:50 AM  

wo, that was so REAL!
Some of us are simply affected by our pasts how true!
alrite girlie, a piece of advice, harden your mind if you are open for love.
the moment you find the right person, m sure your mind would let you know :-) so, dont rush on it, you ve got a wide range to choose from!

Anonymous,  November 3, 2008 at 11:08 AM  

Where is my woman ?

Skeeter November 3, 2008 at 3:11 PM  

Yes, it is important part of self growth to find this. Totally agree.

Bet wishes,

Skeeter

Haritha P Singh November 3, 2008 at 5:51 PM  

well ur post shows reality..gr8 0ne

haritha



do visit n commment on ma blog...

Rahul Bajpai November 3, 2008 at 8:12 PM  

I missed a lot of action in blogger's villa. i was off to a conference. i read it all...was just wondering how much of you were there in Sia; as it's amazing and generally amazing creatives are rooted somewhere in personal experiences.

I was also wondering after my marriage every conversation with my friends will become emotional adultery?

A lot of questions...lols...answer'em all...

And life is too short to wait to give it another chance...he he he

Priya Joyce November 3, 2008 at 8:13 PM  

such a delightful post dear..love ur style of writing...

Sandeep Balan November 3, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

you sure are worth it....and god does not keep the worthy waiting for long....so keep your fingers crossed and the doors to your mind open...you never know when the breeze might blow your side....all the best...cheers!

and yaa..nicely constructed post...straight from the heart..its always a pleasure to read heartfelt words n thoughts...

Me November 5, 2008 at 5:04 PM  

Phoenix, we really fooled many with this ;) Thanks.

Thanks Buzz.

Yeah I feel free now, Arv. Beautiful Thoughts.

Here you go, Zirelda. You said it in one simple sentence... When its real u'll know...yeah! thats wat I wanted to read ;)

Niddzzi, I wonder about the contrast myself but then it is somewhere deep hidden inside us, the feeling of not being worth..

Abhi, tu masst hain yaar...hehehe... ur comment always make smile. ;)

Thanks Sneha...I know..Sneh and Love is the same ;)

Thanks for the advice Sawan, I am glad I broke free from my feeling not-being-worth-it...now no matter I get love or not... I am glad I feel free :)

Ah! Hobo..just look around...she may waiting for you somewhere.. ;)

I agree,Skeeter. I feel better and lighter. :)

Thanks Haritha.

You have been missed, Rahul. You are right, Sia is close to me.
I think emotional adultery is not abt talking to ur frenz after marriage, its more a feeling that you have. If you are more committed emotionally to someone other than ur partner, it is trouble. :)
Yeah! life is too short. Nice to see a comment frm u after a long time :)

Thanks Priya...

Those were really nice words, Sandeep...thanks..

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital