Story of Broken Bones and A Housewife Who Is Not.

Thanks to our maid, I am a full-time maid now. The last time I worked like one was, when I stayed alone for 6 yrs. I am so used to this work now that the first thing that comes to my mind when I get up is,"Hmm... I think I will wash the utensils first and then go ahead with the cleaning." I am using my lunch breaks to finish up the work at home and it is so funny. :)
Saturday, gave me the taste of being a full-time Indian Housewife. Mom and Dad along with my bhai-log left for their 4 days long visit to a relative's wedding and due to my work commitments, I stayed back along with Chaa and my two pets.
When these guys finally started with their journey, they left behind a huge junk of stuff to be taken care of. I spent most of the morning fixing things for them, getting Mom's favourite jewellery and fragrance for her, ON and OFF fighting with my brother over his choice of clothes and other chai-paani stuff.
Once they left, I chalked out a plan to start brooming and cleaning the house. It is a superstition in India that we should not broom the house as soon as someone leaves it...it is a bad omen to do that. So I waited patiently for 2 hrs to pass before I could start the work. Meanwhile, Honey called me from his city and asked me to download his syllabus and type the schedule for the exam from the internet. I spent 2 hrs helping him with all this stuff and then proceeded with the house-work. By the time I finished it up, it was 5 pm and daah! Rustam ran over the swept floor...I had to re-do it.Chaa came at around 7 and before I could wash the utensils, he asked me if he could do that. He is a gem. :) He did the utensils and I cleaned the kitchen.
I went for a hot shower later...There is nothing like a HOT SHOWER in the world...Trust me!! No matter how stressed or tired you are... It is the best therapy.
After a shower and head-wash I cooked us dinner and fed the pets too. It was 9:30 when I finally came back to my room. I tried sleeping but could only manage by 12:30 am. I had already decided that Sunday, I would sleep late and exercise later but...but... At 6 am, the sound of the doorbell woke me up... :( I saw Chaa went out to walk the pets and he locked the door from inside. We have two entrances to the house and one was locked so I had to open the other door which in itself is a big task...coz there are multiple locks there...Ah! the guy who comes to wash our cars turned up so early, even on a Sunday :( I unlocked the other door from outside too...handed over the keys to him and heated some water for myself.
I waited for Chaa to be back and gulped down hot water...As soon as Chaa came, I went to answer the other door and Shit!! I slipped zooooooooop...zaaaaaap... badly... and my ankles hit the door.... :)
Damn! Rustam peed inside the house...yucks! I was all drenched in it and my knee is badly hurt.... :( Washed myself...applied antiseptic... and now am lying on the bed...typing this story... :) Need to cater to the household chores and breakfast...ah! but it is too cold here and it hurts more in the cold....
Day before Mom slipped in the house and now ME!! Seems, we are having a Slippers' Party in the house...lolzz...
My exercise is on hold for now... I may do it in the evening... for now...itz Go Slow time :)

13 comments:

Priya Joyce November 9, 2008 at 2:33 PM  

haha slippers' party...rock invite me too wen it happens...lol I too fell recently..

haha r u still full tym maid or ur maid has taken her position bakk..lol

Anonymous,  November 9, 2008 at 6:33 PM  

Hey your life is never short of excitement or unwanted troubles like slipping....u shud take care while doing home chores......

Fire the maids and hire new ones....They always behave weird and the time when we need them most, the same time they ditch us...

SM November 9, 2008 at 7:50 PM  

hi

so what you wear thinking when you joined sleeprs party,

hope you can record it and puton youtube so we can join like there is tomato party we will have sleeprs party for and with bloggers

see you
mitesh

http://realityviews.blogspot.com/

Nidz November 9, 2008 at 9:26 PM  

:0 i never knew the broom superstition..

who is chaa?? sounds so Chinese. is he the car cleaner character?
hey gal u missed the morning walk on Sunday? and no one else opens the door in ur house else than u?? where were others?

Me November 9, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

@ Nidhi.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I refer to my chachu as Chaa.

Also,in the post I said naa...tht everyonez gone for the wedding...

Dhyaan kahaan hain,ji?? ;)

Arv November 9, 2008 at 9:48 PM  

Harshita...

I feel you there gal... you have been going through some busy times of late...

i really wish and pray for happy times to visit Harshita soon :)

please take care of your ankles & knees da...

cheers...

Skeeter November 10, 2008 at 3:05 AM  

Dont ya just hate it when that happens! The pets can leave little surprises like that. We used to have a cat that loved to be sneaky and plant little kitty "cigars" in the potting soil for the houseplants. Strangely enough :-) no matte how well that naughty kitty fertilized his favorite houseplants, they never seemed to do very well.

Best wishes,

Skeeter

Anil Sawan November 10, 2008 at 4:10 AM  

wo, you are already eligible for the post of "house wife" :-)looks like you have a very hectic schedule.. nyways, get well soon.. and be safe from now on.. watch the floor :-)

zirelda November 11, 2008 at 4:53 AM  

I'm curious about the broom superstition. What an interesting day. I hope Sunday was better and you are well enough to exercise.

Mads November 11, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

rofl at the broom superstition,and u actually waited for 2 hours...i disobey superstititions on purpose to piss off my parents (like u shud never said ur going...u shud always say ur going n coming...i always shout, im going and then laugh :D :D)

poor thing u work so much :-(
u hv a backup job as a maid :P
and ur so accident prone..lol..u wrote so many slipping incidents in the blogger buddies blog too ;-)

nice post...take care :)

Mads November 11, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

rofl at the broom superstition,and u actually waited for 2 hours...i disobey superstititions on purpose to piss off my parents (like u shud never said ur going...u shud always say ur going n coming...i always shout, im going and then laugh :D :D)

poor thing u work so much :-(
u hv a backup job as a maid :P
and ur so accident prone..lol..u wrote so many slipping incidents in the blogger buddies blog too ;-)

nice post...take care :)

Aevi November 12, 2008 at 2:55 AM  

slippers party ouch... hope the party ends soon... n also hope tht this fulltime maid job cycle breaks soon

just a simple nice cheers to you :D

Phoenix November 13, 2008 at 7:54 AM  

hot shower for a hot lady.... o la la :P

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital