Jose Mourinho : The man I admire

HE is the reason I watched all the Chelsea matches for 2 yrs. I am a huge fan of Jose and his team(team that was : Chelsea),he currently is a manager with Internazionale. Mourinho moved to the soccer club, Chelsea in June 2004 and then, he became the highest paid manager in football. In a press conference upon joining the English side, Mourinho said, "Please don't call me arrogant, but I'm European champion and I think I'm a special one", which resulted in the media dubbing him "The Special One"... Indeed, he is special....he is amazing... when I see him backing up his team in the field.... he spits fire...he really does... :) He has always been termed as an arrogant man but then he turned the tables for Chelsea and they emerged as winners many a times. I have a thing for under-dogs and Chelsea was one of them.When Sunny introduced me to the club and the game, I was not too keen with soccer but coz we shared the same room, I had no choice but to live with soccer matches that were telecasted at 2 am in the morning. We both used to be awake till wee hours to catch up on all Chelsea matches in English Premier League and Champions' League. It was such a pleasure to watch the team play with Mourinho roaring right there from the grounds.... With Lampard,Ballack,Cole,Carvalho,Drogba,Cech and many more by their side; Chelsea and the color blue ruled the roost. I have tried watching the matches after Mourinho left Chelsea and Grant tuk over but then I cud not see the fire that he influxed the team with...The power, the confidence and the winning streak was missing in all the games....Atleast I think so... He is one man I admire for the way he stood up against criticism and the way he created Champs..real champs...!! As per my knowledge, I think his track with Chelsea FC tracks down to these wins: FA Premier League during 2004/05; 2005/06 Football League Cup during 2004/05, 2006/07 FA Cup in 2007 FA Community Shield in 2005 I still wonder if there is any possibility that he will ever come back to Chelsea...but he really is a gr8 guy with the aura and magnetism that he carries around with himself. I am not too much into soccer now and I may have messed up with some facts n statements but then I am just another fan...and tend to get emotional....Therez a lot more to him than this post...and one can read abt him over the internet a lot.. He is just one of those influences who always makes me feel... NO MATTER WAT GAL, DON'T GIVE UP!! There are many takers for the winners like Man U(Every other person in India is a MANCHESTER UNITED fan) but then the under-dogs do have a roar when they are in action.... I will always cherish all the memories I have of the Chelsea matches under Mourinho's supervision :) My salutes to you, Mr. Mourinho. :) For his quotes : http://thesoccer-blog.com/england-premiership/jose-mourinhos-best-quotes/ For more on him : http://www.jose-mourinho.info/ , http://www.josemariomourinho.com/

4 comments:

http://gshanky.wordpress.com August 6, 2008 at 7:03 PM  

i love the looks on his face when he silently stare at the ground :)

zirelda August 8, 2008 at 12:29 AM  

Ah I don't really like sports. Of course soccer to you is diferent from soccer to us, but that is all I really know. :)

Admin August 11, 2008 at 9:28 PM  

seen him quite a lot..

Mads November 1, 2008 at 4:49 PM  

Errr...yes, i respect him a lot..but alas..im a manu fan :-D sorry...i gotta say no to chelsea :P

but but but...Mourinho ROCKS!!
:) nice post...

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital