Mom meets Maamu

It took me 4 hours to fix the issues with my blog today...First, the 'recent comments' widget stopped working and laters I had to revamp the whole blog(login,name,link etc.) coz of a simple reason that I cannot stop selective troublemakers from visiting my blog so I had to find a temporary solution. Good thing is Mom is back and she is really happy coz she met her brother and his family after almost a span of 11 yrs. I can see it in her eyes and body language.Itz as if she is smiling even when she is asleep. ;) The only time she does that is when Dad is back from his tours...lol...The madly in love couple they are...but this time the reason was someting different...no matter wat the reason is... love to see her happy like all kids do. It tuk her 11 yrs to smile like that...11 yrs is a long time...really long time...

11yrs back, when her brother(my maamu) shifted base to Mumbai with his family and all we had for our maternal family was my Nanaji(mom's dad). They say, "Distance makes the heart go fonder", I feel itz not like that. Communication is an imprtant part of a realtionship and distance is the biggest enemy of communication. Mom and Maamu chatted intially when he left Delhi, but after a few months, happened the old cliche stuff. Misunderstandings cropped up coz of other people in their family and they(mom and maamu) never bothered to clarify,thinking the other will understand.And one fine day, they stopped communicating. But no hard feelings.

I have seen mom craving for her brother's affection every year when we celebrated Raksha Bandhan and Bhai Dooj.I could see her smiling thru tears if someone caught her sitting alone. Mom being the eldest amongst the 4 kids, is a perfect mother-figure to all her siblings. I sometimes wonder, how does she manage to be so patient and understanding towards people and especially towards her relatives(some of the youger lot is creepy)! But Mom has always been like that..The other person who is quiet like her in her family is her brother. He has always been really calm and loving, though less expressive. Maybe, this is one of the reason they gel well.

When Mom celebrated her 25th Wedding Anniversary, we all knew she wanted her brother to be next to her...so we asked her to go ahead and call him...He cud not make it but did send his good wishes...I know Mom so badly wanted him to be there...She told me she knew itz all about reaching out to him.

I love Mom's philosophy of life: She says,"Life is too short to waste in regrets and grudges.We shud make the best of it and reach out to the people we love coz no one hates to be loved ". All other siblings in her family were not too happy for Mom called Maamu and finally one day, she told us that she wanted to celebrate her Raksha Bandhan (this year)with Maamu by her side.

And when she decided, who cud stop her. :) Dad is super-cool, he asked Mom to go ahead and got her tickets booked. She had some reservations about seeing her brother after so long but all went BOOM when she met him. They had a blast in Mumbai and Mom got wat she always deserved and needed.She had a gala time with Maamu,Maami and Abhi at their place and I have never seen her so happy for past few years..

I wish what if both of them wud not have waited for so long to reach out and let each other know how special they are to each other. Why do people stop communicating? Mom always thought abt him but somewhere deep down suppressed it for the sake of her dad and youngest sister as they were not too happy abt keeping in touch with Maamu. And Mom always try to keep everyone happy(See! I told you, itz in my genes...lol)

Relationships are meant to be nurtured and cherished but people end up complicating them. I am glad Mom did what she felt was right for her and I am sure she did the right thing. She deserves her share of love and support too.

Now she keeps showing me what all her brother gifted her and talks about what all his wife(my maami) has achieved...Mom is so proud of all three of them in the family....and the best part is she is happy and as I write about it I can see those sparkling eyes looking at me from the kitchen now. :)

Mom had the love of her life around and ofcourse her kids but some relationships have their very own importance.

Thanks to Maamu ,Maami and Abhi for making my Mom feel loved again... :)

11 comments:

Skeeter August 20, 2008 at 8:01 AM  

Hi Harshita! I'm very happy to visit your new blog. I hope whatever personal matters came up in your life will soon be resolved in your favor and for the best.

Your Mom is absolutely right - Life is too short to waste in regrets. I understand why people carry grudges, but they are destructive and should be released if possible.

Best wishes,

Skeeter

zirelda August 20, 2008 at 8:13 AM  

How wonderful. :) This is a really neat story.

By the way, I gave you an award on my blog. Because I think you're awesome. :)

Me August 20, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

Thanks Skeeter for such assuring words.I feel better now.
I am sorry I shud have left the link to the blog in ur comments space...I sm so forgetful at times ;)

Thanks a lot Zirelda for the award.As always, you are being too kind to me.

Take care,
Harshita

Sneha Shrivastava August 20, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

I can understand feeling of joy your mom must be experiencing. It require lots of personal courage to take such a step.Most people don't have such courage.:)
Cheers !

Mon August 22, 2008 at 8:44 AM  

I found your blog from Zirelda's blog. I love the saying that your mother says. Thanks for posting that.

Sunny August 22, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

Awesome babes....
Y dont you post this link to massi??? lol....

Unknown August 22, 2008 at 9:51 PM  

Ur writing is true to life it expressed everything,It proves that truth prevails over rumors and bitching so one should never waste time in such things and keep on doing what one believes in .This is the only way people can grow ,so keep doing what u believe in.
Lots of affection
ur mamu

Pallav August 25, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

hii
better u gv ths link n print out to ur masssiiii

ha ha ha h aha
sorry for ths peice of advise

ha ha ha ha

Aevi August 26, 2008 at 10:38 PM  

nice... m glad tht aunt get to see maamaji over d auspicious occasion of rakhi...!!!

i can't even imagine tht abstract feelin and the joy she might have had tht day n till date

the loneliness August 26, 2008 at 11:35 PM  

i had to comment on this......
i must say......i feel the relationship between a brother n sister is one of the best relationships made by God...U can express so much.....even without uttering a word n u hav the best comfort level to giv vent to all ur thoughts.....
i hav expirienced it myself.....n can understnd to some extent how aunty must hav felt aftr getting tht feeling Di......!!!
Nice wirte up though....nd an eye opener for all egotists.....to keep their egos aside n jnoy life to the fullest!!!

Ekam September 1, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

This is so sweet. God bless them both:)

I am falling in love with your blog.. hehe :D
Its so addictive. I am reading your blog since last night. Read half last night and now I am reading in my office. Now you'll be responsible if my boss catches me reading blogs instead of doing work :D

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital