Just Another Day...

Enuff of sadness and negative feelings looming around in the last few posts...Ah! but I had to tell those stories... For the people who read the last part, the good news is I got a call from my friend and she has planned to shift back to her husband's city of work, she had a discussion with him about their marriage and they have decided to work on it for a happy marriage...Gud.. Happy news....I feel gud... Yesterday has been a day of mixed emotions and some of them are worth-mentioning here. The start to the day has been lazy but then it picked up its own pace. Late afternoon,I had a chat with my manager and she agreed to approve my travel to the conference in Baltimore. :) Ofcourse, she and her co-manager asked me to commit that I will start travelling for work again in October, once I recover completely from fever. I smiled to myself(I know her...) and assured her that I wud do the same. Letz see! :) In the evening,Mom's trusted astrologer told her that am not gonna get married too soon. Wow! I am so relieved that atleast now I need not worry about this for a year....coz Mom wud not push me for the same.... :) After mom broke this news to me, she went for her evening walk and I was busy with a call-on meeting. Once she was back home, she asked me what I wud like for dinner as everyone else was going for non-veg. I saw it as an opportunity to crib and throw tantrums so I cud convince her to let me eat my favourite Rava Sevai(Vermicelli Upma) and Coconut Chutney for dinner. Finally, she agreed to it. It was an ocassion to celebrate(ofcourse, I got to eat what I wanted) so I went back to my room, switched on the TV and indulged myself in my favourite food and favourite show after almost 2 months...the dish was yummy... Sooner, my kid bro entered my room and started chatting up abt his office issues and we started fighting over the internet. ;) Meanwhile, I got an sms from my friend asking about my health. I knew she needed me...(There is something about people close to you, you can sense if thrz something wrong with them). I promised to call her back in 10 minutes. I fnished what me n Ankit started and finally, he gave up and said,"Good Nite, Wish you dont get to work with the internet tonite"...he he he... So after he went away, I called up my fren and I got to know that her father had an accident and she was telling me how thankful she is to God that he escaped with a fracture only even when his helmet was smashed under the truck. Her father had a paralytic attack 2 months back..so for her it was a second setback. But allz well now. I felt so bad for her but I assured her that everything wud be fine soon. I did not feel like working after that and decided to hit the bed. I said my night-prayers, tucked Happy Singh in some warm clothing and I don't remember when I fell asleep. :) It was a regular yet a li'l better day and I loved it. Coz it had itz share of downs but then God takes care of everything and I am thankful to him for protecting my family and frenz.

15 comments:

peter August 29, 2008 at 12:03 AM  

seems u are too much happy coz u are not getting any kinda pressure for getting married !
kool !
nice day ..u had it seems ...I hpoe it continues for a year as u said :):)
all the best !

peter August 29, 2008 at 12:03 AM  

and by the way I have added ur blog

zirelda August 29, 2008 at 8:29 AM  

Wow. Glad that your friend's father is ok. Getting his helmet run over sounds like some accident.

Isn't it nice to get your favorite dinner? Yum!

Me August 29, 2008 at 5:33 PM  

Abhinav, I know you had a not-so-gud day...But as I said thrz always a tomorrow to fix it up :)

Peter,you got me...am happy abt it...thnx for adding me...u r already there in my Daily Dose for a long time ;)

Thanks Sneha.

Zirelda, you bet :)

Anonymous,  August 30, 2008 at 12:03 AM  

God has it own plans.

Anwesa August 30, 2008 at 5:02 PM  

good post..at least sum1's trying 2 b happy..

David August 30, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

A little better, day by day, is all any of us can ask for and I am pleased you seem to be getting that.

Nidz August 30, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

hey harshu.. m glad happy days rback again. ur comment always add smile on my face. BTW i love Vermicelli too. but sad no one back home knws how to prepare it. i cud try. but some one has to get tht noodles thing,.
M glad now ur mom wont b afta. thanks to my sister my parents r nt afta me now as my elder sis is yet to b married.. :) so no tension. :p
i'll pray to god tht ur fren's father recover soon.. u tc too.

Skeeter September 2, 2008 at 1:55 AM  

Hi Harshita!

Hope that the news from your mom's astrologer didn't upset her too much, even though you seem happy to receive this news. Great about your Baltimore trip. I'm sure you will enjoy that city. Hope your erecovery from the fever is speedy and complete.

Best wishes,
Skeeter

Skeeter September 3, 2008 at 10:20 AM  

vermicelli is good stuff. we mix it with rice and spices and call it rice-a-roni. it's good, good eats!

Best wishes,

Skeeter

zirelda September 4, 2008 at 8:12 AM  

October is next month isn't it? Too cool.

Skeeter September 6, 2008 at 2:36 PM  

It's good to be able to give thanks at the end of the day. Life gets better after that, don't you think?

Best wishes,

Skeeter

Me September 8, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

Hobo, I know God has his own plans for us...I hope most of them

are in my favour. :)

Anwesa, aha! being happy in nothing you can try for... :)

Yeah David, thts all I cud ask for..

Thanks for ur wishes Nidhi...I wil definitely send u an easy to cook

recipe for it so you can ask someone to cook it for you at home... :)

Skeeter, I hope the same...Although I think Mom is now kinda okay

with it. Yaa, its really gr8 to be able to say thanks at the EOD. It

does get better n better by every passing moment.

Yeah Yeah Zirelda, October is just around the corner.... :)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital