Living under the GUN

Brutal...Gruesome...Inhuman....
All these words are not enuff to define the UP Police's treatment to the man who died as a victim of police firing while the innocent farmers who were protesting for their land in Greater Noida were being shot at it and their shooting at the farmers.
These adjectives are not enough even for the treatment meted out by the people of J&K . We have had many examples in the past : A factory in Gurgaon, Various Silent Protests where innocent people were shot at and lathi-charged, Nandigram and there wud have been many...Some of them were covered by Indian Media and some were just ignored....People kept dying and we watched silently.
Even if some voices were raised, they were suppressed forever. This is no Hindi Cinema, THIS IS REAL LIFE.
All news channels carried just two main news-pieces today,Greater Noida Police firing and Trafffic Jams by VHP and BJP in NCR, Mumbai and Delhi. Mom is travelling to Mumbai today via train and I am so worried about her and Sunny...I have absolutely no faith in our system and security now.
I am fed up of these stupid protests by all these political parties...aboslute nonsense... We don't want them to do that for us...The common man suffers the whole day...Just coz of these jams people taken to the hospitals die on their way...Endless wait ends with death!!
For god's sake, we have had enuff of turmoil in the country for past few months. We have seen it all: bomb blasts,violence,corruption,killing for money, women being sexually assaulted, Child-abuse convicts being acquitted...and more of shit...
All we want right now is our unity and calm.We don't need no political party to go there and declare war for us...Nopes...Frankly, I wonder if the common man gives a damn to all this crap of Whom does the land belong to? Who gave money to whom?. We need peace and harmony. Rather than leading the nation in this direction, the politics of the country is leading us towards doom.
Before we cud just gear up to celebrate Abhinav Bindra's excellence in Beijing Olympics and our 61 years of Independence, our country started burning again...Where will it end is what I ask everytime?And I am left with no answers...
I cud hear the TV reporter cry while he was talking abt people being shot at...and left on the road to die...I donno wat else shud I say. Wish I cud just go out there and make everything alrite... :(
Is this a democracy? Is this humanity?Is this is what 61 years of Independence mean?

6 comments:

peter August 14, 2008 at 12:21 AM  

well sometimes I wonder when the TV news channels show the live videos of such an incident or even the video which they claim they have taken and blame police or other citizens for not protecting the victims ...y dun they themselves take the lead !!
after all they are also da citizens of India...If we need to learn the art to spice any damn thing we shud take the serious learnings from these reporters...!!

they most of the times dun show the reality ..or change it delibrately !!

btw nice post ..!

Aevi August 14, 2008 at 3:28 AM  

To me police actions were justified to some extent.
Srinagar : Mob tried to set afire a govt building.
Mob: Threw stones to do damage to the security people
Agitation has caused some ~Rs3000 cr of loss in past 2 mnths including the gujjar incident and the J&K shit.

if police does their job they are criticized if people do a protest in democracy by burning down public property, damage to others who dont agree it is justified.

Is this a democracy? Yes
Is this humanity? No
Is this is what 61 years of Independence mean? Yes

We feel a freedom of speech and expression... its through out the world that one has to struggle for the right thing. We are anytime better off then China where democracy is for name and still communism rules. but when I am myself beyond that thin line of respect to others and i am treated with Brutal...Gruesome...Inhumanity its justified and its independence to others who were affected by my deeds.

Political parties are also by the people of the same country they arent any diff and cant be blamed (even the slightest blame) its us who are to be blamed after all its us who are the followers.

Yes we will celebrate Abhinav B's excellence and 61 yrs of independence but we will also face other problems too.

If the raised voices are suppressed for ever then they deserved it if they cant fight back to raise it again... if the raised voices were genuine then they will raise the hell again, and their will be new supporting voices.

To me its not living under the GUN.. people who protest, i am sure have voted and have the right to protest... people who burnt buildings are sure to deserve the lathi charge or a shoot out.

I think I am just hyper at times... but I hate our journalists and I hate our protests when they have no meaning. Just like the protest from those "innocent farmers" who dont even own that land on papers and have just captured it for a long time and now trying to be smart ass...

Sinner August 14, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

Abhi, I am also trying to make a point for people who are innocent and are not even a part of the protests or processions that are aimed at..
As for political parties, I feel sorry but I myself have not voted for past few years coz I have lost faith in the political parties. I know my vote can make a difference but then I trust none of them.

As for killing people when they are on a rampage, that is an extremem action is what I still believe. And my concern is amidst all this, the common man suffers.

An old man died yesterday as he suffered a cardiac arrest and could not make it to the hospital coz of the VHP traffic jams.I don't think he had any role to play in the protests.

And you made me say Wow! when you said no matter what if the raised voices are genuine they will rise again and again...True...I love that spirit of urs.

But I still feel that killing people from either sides is inhuman if things can be sorted out in a calm manner.

We have to agree that our politics sow the seeds for such enragements among people. Sometimes they are the reason and sometimes they are the motives.

Sinner August 14, 2008 at 10:55 AM  

Peter, Of what I saw I think these videos were genuine.

But you are right, the media persons shud help the suffered and not expect the police to take it forward all the time.

There was an incident in Mumbai where the media persons helped the victims to the hospital. That was commendable.

They do spice up things a lot..I agree...

But then I still oppose the killing of innocent people amongst the trouble-makers.

Nice to meet you!

Aevi August 14, 2008 at 2:16 PM  

killing people from either sides is inhuman if things can be sorted out in a calm manner.... a matter at national level agitation can never be solved calmly. One always has to pay it with big blows (couple of lives, several homes, 100s future).

yeah bitter but true...

Sinner August 14, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

:( Agreed.

The damage can be reduced for sure if one acts in time...

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital