Something to share...

Almost when I was abt to sign-off, my manager called me up to tell me how the other team that borrowed me has no assignments coming up for me so I will have to get back to my ex-team(I always dreaded this). She told me how I shud find work to boost my performance ratings(what is she there for?) and I shud submit papers n blah blah...
Too much of pressure, its not just abt work...Itz abt something more that you do along with what your job requires.Ah! She did not even bother to ask if the typhoid was still there or wat.
Watever, she threw all her negative energy at me and poor me! I started going thru my office mails thinking of a future that held nothing for me, I thought(The IT industry is doing really bad somewhere deep down but people are not ready to admit). My manager once joked that I have an alternative career to fall back on(Journalism) as I have studied it too but then, I have no plans to do away with IT right now.
I was feeling so lost(momz also not around and so is my best friend, both of them r on vacations) and then a new mail message box popped out on my screen.The mail said"SWE-2008 Congratulations". Mmmm...But I submitted my papers in January and the column on the left-most corner in the excel sheet next to my name said "Excellent but we cannot select". How cud I make it to the "Society of Engineers" Conference in Baltimore? I drilled down to the mail archives and opened the excel again...Bullshit!! My name was there 2 times more and both the columns said " YES,selected". OMG, how cud I just miss that?
I smiled to myself when I realised what I just made thru and thought of telling my manager about it. Atleast it will make her feel, I am upto something : is what I thought. She did not even bother to drop-in a congratulatory message.
Not one, but two of my papers( a lecture and workshop) are selected for SWE 08 and I was so excited when I read abt it in the mail. I wanted to run to mom and tell her about it...She is not here..uhuh! I told dad instead and he said " So, what shud I do?, Tell ur mom maybe it will make her happy". I was like WOW! I love my life.He did the same to me when I made it to a Residency programme to co-author a book on an IBM Product at IBM Silicon Valley Labs.
Atleast after a long stint with sickness. there is something I can smile about. No matter if anyone is ready to share my happiness with me or not.
I called up mom and told her that I'll be flying to Baltimore in another 2 months for SWE Conference and she was so happy to hear this and told me how she is so proud of me. Thats why Moms are special, they make you feel as you are the best no matter even if you are ME. ;) I love her.
I needed to share my excitement and this news with someone...and I did...
There is a long process(officially) to make it there to present but my selection is a great boost for me.
Wish me luck guys! I need to work really hard to make my presence felt there and do my best. Although I m really superstitious at times about the good news but forget it! I had to share this. :) Hope I make it to the conference in November. :)

13 comments:

Nidz August 14, 2008 at 11:20 PM  

All the best Harshu.. U knw na ur dad doesnt express much.. i knw it feels bad but ma hai na.. Big hug.. we all r there to share ur emotions and moodswings dnt wrry

Sinner August 14, 2008 at 11:30 PM  

Thanks a ton Nidhi... :)

I knw Dad is supercool,I am sure he is pretty happy inside but he will never express... he he

I hope I do well there...thr r still many roadblocks...especially my mgr...She loves me...lol

Gaurav Kant Goel August 15, 2008 at 8:05 AM  

Congratulations!!! Harshita....All the very best...

:)

Sneha Shrivastava August 15, 2008 at 9:40 AM  

Congratulations & Celebrations.......
Wish You all the very best.
And yes,i agree with Nidhi, We all are here to share your Joy.
cheers !!

Sinner August 15, 2008 at 5:27 PM  

Thanks Gaurav...I need that ;)Happy Independence Day!

Hey Sneha, thanks for all ur wishes...Happy Independence Day!

zirelda August 15, 2008 at 11:54 PM  

Oh good luck! :) :) :) What happy news!

Skeeter August 17, 2008 at 7:18 AM  

That is a remarkable accomplishment Harshita. Congratulations! Very well done. I think you'll enjoy visiting Baltimore. It's a wonderful city.

Best wishes,
Skeeter

Sinner August 17, 2008 at 9:02 PM  

Thanks Zirelda for all the smiles...

Hey! Thank you Skeeter...I am looking forward to the trip :)

Gaurav August 19, 2008 at 3:56 AM  

Hey Harshita,
Congratulation to you.

Gaurav

Gaurav August 19, 2008 at 3:56 AM  

Hey Harshita,
Congratulation to you.

Gaurav

http://gshanky.wordpress.com August 19, 2008 at 8:34 AM  

Congrats Ma'am!!
i am happy for you
good luck!!
my wishes are with you :)

Aevi August 26, 2008 at 10:40 PM  

SWE nice... m glad for ur paper n good luck to you for tht.

the loneliness August 27, 2008 at 12:08 AM  

This is absolutely brilliant and incredible Di......
u r the best!!!

ask ur manager to go to hell n u better take her place.....show it to her wht it means to get nominated or recieve a call frm there.....

and moreover no one can feel more proud than Uncle n Aunty....bas ye baat hai ki unhe bhi itna pata nahi hoga ki wht it actually means!!!

U ROCK DI.....Luv U

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital