Raindrops

What a beauiful nite it was!
As I am still under the fever-effect, I prefer Fan to an AC as my nose gets completely blocked if I sleep with the AC turned ON. So I decided to open the windows to my room and let the fresh breeze come inside. :) I tucked myself in bed as the temperature fell a bit and even Happy Singh was n no mood to go out so both of us decided to sleep by 11 pm. He tuk his place in the small room adjoining mine on his sleeping mat...The poor thing was feeling cold so I covered his trunk with a warm sheet. I said my night-prayers, thanked God as he answered my prayers for my fren's cousin, who suffers from a Brain-related ailment. He was not doing gud for past few months, he is stable now though. I prayed for all that I pray for every night, itz quiet a habit eversince I learnt Gayatri Mantra as a kid. With some soft instrumental playing in the background on my fone, I did not realise when I fell asleep but...not for long.... I did not realise what time it was when I felt the cool and misty air touch my face...it was nothing but the rain-drops that came running thru the windows(Remember, I left them open). At first I remember mumbling in my sleep as if it was another dream but after the first few came another splash of water...That can't be dad sprinkling water over me to wake me up and it CANNOT be 6 in the morning I told myself...It was not!! I woke up and searched for my fone in the darkness as there was no electricity and before I cud ask myself why, I heard a thundering sound...uhuh! Happy Singh woke up and came running to me in my bed...He was so scared of these sounds like all dogs usually are.Finally, I got my fone and wen I saw the time, it was just 4:15 in the morning and well, I went outside in the verandah and saw that the water reached even the washing machine and the treadmill which was kept under the shed. Happy Singh now, all of a sudden, felt an urge to see Rustam who was sleeping in another room. What a riot both of them are, I tell you!! Finally after much coaxing, Rustam came out of his room and both of them went to the terrace to play...Funny dogs!! Just few minutes ago, Happy was so scared and now with Big Bro Rustam by his side, he went upstairs to play around in the rain.... :) Anyways, with both of them busy in their own adventures I silently watched it rain....and how beautiful it was...as the morning broke thru after another few minutes...the sky looked so beautiful and all the plants in the front-yard garden appeared to have come straight from the shower...the roses blooming on one side with the greenery of the herbs on the other...It was a beautiful early-early morning sight. Its been almost 3 weeks now that I woke up before 7, so this one was a gr8 day to begin with... The best part abt the night was the gud quality sleep I got(I wonder if it will be the same tonite) and ofcourse the rain....I simply love it , when it rains!! And it kept raining for the whole day and while I walked to another corner of the street to arrange for another maid(as ours decided to stay home today), the raindrops kept falling on my head...
It reminded me of a song from a certain B.J Thomas : Raindrops keep fallin' on my head..la la la la la And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed Nothin' seems to fit Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin' So I just did me some talkin' to the sun And I said I didn't like the way he got things done Sleepin' on the job Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin' Have a beautiful weekend people :)

4 comments:

zirelda August 9, 2008 at 12:32 AM  

What a wonderful post Harshita. :)

It's raining in both our places.

Sneha Shrivastava August 9, 2008 at 10:56 AM  

Its very Hot here right now.I wish It would rain here.:)
Loved your post as always.
Cheers !

Nidz August 9, 2008 at 11:20 PM  

it rains here too. two days of boring heat and then rain drops make a change.. i was visualizing the around 5 a.m time. its amzing i knw. everything looks so beautiful.

Sinner August 10, 2008 at 3:15 PM  

Yeah Zirelda, its raining for past few days here and it feels beautiful...although my doc has advised me to rest,rest n rest like u said. :)

Sneha, mmm I can understand how it wud be there...we have been craving for the rain for long and we'e got it now...hope it rains thr too :) Thanks for ur love n appreciation.

Trust me Nidhi, it was really really beautiful... :) I hope u love the rains too...take care

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital